Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safety Car - Falling Too Far Back Penalties

Yeah, I had the exact same problem. Every car had a drive through, and they all took it at the same time, which would have kept the race fair, if not realistic, except I somehow got 2 or 3 so my race was done.

SC off until they can fix the penalties, and ensure AI make sensible pit choices.

I experienced the same issue too. A bunch of cars was awarded drive through penalty under safety car. This is definitely an issue.
Ps4, v.1.9, career mode, Spain gp, 50% race

How hard can it be to get the sc working properly Codemasters?? New patch still problems, not good enough 

With every patch they break the game further, and this patch was tested and codemasters couldn't pick this up?

sirio994 said:
Did they got the penalty because they pit?

Almost the entire field pitted under the SC, then got the penalty for falling too far back. Even the couple cars that didn't pit were far enough down the field they got the penalty too once everyone infront went in. 

Codemasters need to just disable the penalty for falling too far back from the safety car, hasn't worked properly since they introduced the SC in 2016 and they are just making it worse with every patch. 

Sounds like the perfect time to push out a hotfix removing that message until the next big patch. Then again, CM aren't exactly known for doing that.

Same here. I got falling tol far behind and i was in 7th. I was stuck behind a back marker and couldnt over take it in the SC train and i over take it and obv i have to give the place back and theni give it back and im told imfalling too far behind!! And the COMP dont get pens for takng your place in a SC and i loss places!!!

haitch40 said:
This has happened since the start for me. 

Also I got a penalty for falling too far back when I was gunning it like there was no safety car.
Same thing happened to me as well. I Could not join the queue

haitch40 said:
This has happened since the start for me. 

Also I got a penalty for falling too far back when I was gunning it like there was no safety car.
Same thing happened to me as well. I Could not join the queue
Because the AI pushes with race pace even under Safety Car

Safety car is definitely busted since 1.9.  Im getting flagged for falling too far behind while in a gaggle of cars right behind the safety car. 

I had this as well but the biggest home with mine was I was running second at Singapore but the safety car had missed the leader so was told to overtake the safety cat which i then did.  I was only halfway round the lap when i got the warning. 1/2 lap of Singapore is not possible in 30 seconds 

If the entire field got a penalty for falling to far back did that mean the SC was just doing race pace around the track and not waiting for the leader lol.. As stated before, just get rid of the 'falling too far back' penalty, its not working. Surely this is a quick hot fix to remove just that one thing. @F1Support @jennyannem any word on this? Im guessing its happening now because 1.9 makes the cars pit under S.C that bit is spot on now,, just disable the penalty. Either that or have the SC stay out for a minimum of 2 laps. 

F1Support said:
Moved to Technical Assistance.

The falling too far back issue is fixed in patch 1.10.
Any estimate on when that will come out?