Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Career All 2nd drivers slow engine?

It's known that the McLaren teammate somehow doesn't get the engine update (or something like that).
But today I was on Baku and noticed not only Alonso (my teammate) was about 10 km/h slower, but other cars had the same differences.
Hulkenberg was 8km/h faster on straight then Palmer, so was Massa compared to Stroll.

And I was struggeling to get near Alonso when i was 2nd driver, but now I'm 1st driver and he's far behind.

It seems all 2nd drivers somehow get bad engines or no updates, can someone confirm?
Just wanted to give some input.

Ps4 patch 1.09 - career as Vandoorne

Thanks for the bug report @Hoog. Can you tell me which platform you're playing on and how far in to Career mode you are?

Has anyone else noticed the same problem?

im on PS4 like above.. 3rd season Renault. Just started.. All level 3 reliability upgrades done, front wing and rear wing 1st updates, 1st chassis update and 2 or 3 engine updates... 1st season in Aust teammate out qualied me by a 10th (think i won that race because of the AI not pitting under SC)  teammate finished around the 14th mark... 2nd season i out qualied him by i think 2 10ths (only reliability upgrades at this stage). Just finished Aust 3rd season (all above mentioned upgrades)  i out qualied him by just over 1/2 second then brained him in the race, he finished 14th AGAIN i finished 8th. I'll have to race a few more races to get a better idea but it seems to me as he hasnt got the same car as i have. I didnt think to view the replays and see the speed diff so ill have to do that as well  

Sorry, to clarify, have other people also noted that the second driver on a team other than their own is much slower in a straight line than the first driver. The issues with the players team mate are well documented already.

Ahh sorry bout that.. Ill try and give china a go tomorrow night and then review the race replay for the 2nd drivers in other teams

F1Support said:
Sorry, to clarify, have other people also noted that the second driver on a team other than their own is much slower in a straight line than the first driver. The issues with the players team mate are well documented already.
I reckon the best way to test this issue out would be to see if it affects #2s who are normally faster than the #1. Do you know which #2 drivers are intended to have higher stats in the game than their #1 teammate? This one's pretty difficult to gauge without knowing that as the vast majority of #1 drivers in the game seem to be faster than the #2, or are at the very least close (Kvyat vs Sainz, Ericsson vs Wehrlein, and in both cases so far for me the #1 is ahead of the #2 halfway through S1).

And since you're saying the issue of the player's teammate is well documented, do you know, if you've tested this, whether this affects teammates who are normally the lead driver (even when you're not on the same team, ie those with black T-cams normally and IRL like Vettel and Grosjean) even after they get demoted to #2 when the player is promoted to #1 status? Because I've just gotten my promotion with Grosjean as my teammate and might be able to check that out if so. It does seem as though it affects Alonso, but I've not heard many people say much about other drivers.

I knew this bug was not just for mclaren the speed traps are all different between team mates.

Definetly a bug only one car seems to get updates which is pretty game breaking.

I am on xbox and ericson is atleast 5kph slower than me season 2 russia.

I checked the speedtraps in Q1 at Suzuka
Season 3
1.9 Xbox 25% AI:75
Speed in KPH

HAM: 311 BOT: 313
VET: 308 RAI: 308
RIC: 307 VER: 306
PER: 312 OCO: 312
MAS: 309 STR: 308
HUL: 308 PAL: 308
GRO: 310 MAG: 308
SAI: 305 KVY: 305
WEH: 303 ERI: 305
ALO: 298 Raalte: 313

So AI seems to be ok. Only the team I'm driving has a massive gap.

Raalte said:
I checked the speedtraps in Q1 at Suzuka
Season 3
1.9 Xbox 25% AI:75
Speed in KPH

HAM: 311 BOT: 313
VET: 308 RAI: 308
RIC: 307 VER: 306
PER: 312 OCO: 312
MAS: 309 STR: 308
HUL: 308 PAL: 308
GRO: 310 MAG: 308
SAI: 305 KVY: 305
WEH: 303 ERI: 305
ALO: 298 Raalte: 313

So AI seems to be ok. Only the team I'm driving has a massive gap.
Do you use standart setup with 6/6 wings? Cause this is what the Ai use.

Yep. Used the standard setup. I have all engine upgrades. Mercedes and Force India are above me and Ferrari is on the same level with engine power. 

@Raalte that seems quite solid.
Guess only your teammate is slower.

My information was only from readings at practice runs on the screen in Pit. 
Was checking this because i thought my standings in my career were weird.
Because Magnussen, Stroll, Alonso & Ericcson were all without points, while the 1st drivers did have points. (I am in 2nd season nearly at the end).

But will try to check speeds on next race. 
Best to check on replay?

I got myself demoted to second driver at Mclaren to test whether being first driver would see Alonso's speed increase and there is no difference. (I've got 8/9 power upgrades installed) Alonso is still solidly slower than me in a straight line and slower than both Saubers (who we are ahead of in the powertrain chart). I was hitting 193/194mph while Alonso only got to 188. The Saubers were at 191/192.
I also went side by side down the Texas straight and I was definitely pulling ahead of him despite slowing down to let him catch up to go side by side. From that I can definitely say that the Mclaren teammate as a whole is suffering with this bug regardless of being first/second driver.

For this test to be inclusive we need people to test all teams not just mclaren to see if its a player team mate bug rather than a mclaren one.

In my game the mclarens both hit the same speed in the traps but I am with sauber with ericson slower on the straights and I use default balance setup so I do not get an unfair advantage over AI.

For this test to be inclusive we need people to test all teams

That's codemasters job, and they're not doing anything . Or they're not telling us what they're doing

I agree but seems that the f1 games are beta tests these days and we have to point out all the bugs for them since they happily release buggy games.

Even though it should be their job, people can always help them pointing out the problems.
I think we did a good job in this topic, even though my sightings at the first post aren't probably right.

Could be other teams as well but don't see many reports on it. Did see alot if reports about McLaren. Things I do know 100% sure:
Team mate is not getting the performance upgrades. Other upgrades work because I see Alonso getting a bit faster as I upgrade the chassis.

Hope some other people can do the same test I did with other teams. Must be with all performance upgrades as I think that's the bug. 

Hope the developer test  their own shit game, they can easily test each team and skip season, get any upgrade...  They better fix it before the release of  f1 2018. 

Punition said:
Hope the developer test  their own **** game, they can easily test each team and skip season, get any upgrade...  They better fix it before the release of  f1 2018. 

Before the release of 2018? What about this month or maybe November? This bug is here since release! 

Also thought this bug exists for Sauber, as Wehrlein was pretty much last in every race up to Mexico. Then suddenly at Brazil he finished in p6, same at season finaly at AbuDhabi, also P6. The only 2 races he scored points and even finished in front of me. Normally he was 40-60 seconds behind me...No clue why he suddenly became so much faster, as i don't think it could be related to the GrandPrix-mode... That was the only thing i changed in between Mexico and Brazil...

echo321 said:
Also thought this bug exists for Sauber, as Wehrlein was pretty much last in every race up to Mexico. Then suddenly at Brazil he finished in p6, same at season finaly at AbuDhabi, also P6. The only 2 races he scored points and even finished in front of me. Normally he was 40-60 seconds behind me...No clue why he suddenly became so much faster, as i don't think it could be related to the GrandPrix-mode... That was the only thing i changed in between Mexico and Brazil...

What were the qualifying and positions of both drivers during your season?
And what were the team goals in qualifying and race?
Is his speed in speedtraps much lower than yours?