Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Career All 2nd drivers slow engine?

Quali in Brazil he  was p14, in AbuDhabi it was 13. Speedtrap was ok, 3-4 kmph less than me. I used 7/5 wings. Also have to say, Wehlein and me were the only ones with 1 stop strategies in both races, but still the laptimes were quite competitive.

echo321 said:
Quali in Brazil he  was p14, in AbuDhabi it was 13. Speedtrap was ok, 3-4 kmph less than me. I used 7/5 wings. Also have to say, Wehlein and me were the only ones with 1 stop strategies in both races, but still the laptimes were quite competitive.

Did WEH exceed the team goals in the rest of the season? 

echo321 said:
Also thought this bug exists for Sauber, as Wehrlein was pretty much last in every race up to Mexico. Then suddenly at Brazil he finished in p6, same at season finaly at AbuDhabi, also P6. The only 2 races he scored points and even finished in front of me. Normally he was 40-60 seconds behind me...No clue why he suddenly became so much faster, as i don't think it could be related to the GrandPrix-mode... That was the only thing i changed in between Mexico and Brazil...
What is this "Grand Prix mode" you speak of? Is it race length that you changed?

Raalte said:
no, from australia to Mexico he was last pretty much every race. Qualifying was ok, but then in the races he dropped back fighting the mclarens. There was already a huge gap in car performance to mclaren at australia, after 5 or 6 races i already caught up to Haas and Torro rosso. At Japar or austin i then caught up to Renault and Williams, Wehlein still only fighting against the mclarens in the race... Sauber was the 5th strongest team at that point, wehrlein qualified at around p 11-14, but in the race dropped back to the mclarens... Only the two last races somehow he was mega quick getting p6 in Brazil and AbuDhabi... No clue why or how, but suddenly form one race to the other he was sooooo much quicker in the race.
s00zster said:

What is this "Grand Prix mode" you speak of? Is it race length that you changed?

nah, where you can do just random races... or a costume season... I deleted an very ond race there i used to test something, as the tyre wear at brazil in free practice in career was imense high, so i wanted to test how to get a little less tyrewear in the grandprixmode.
I mean i have no clue why this would affect my teammate at career at all... Probably it does not have anything to do with it, but who knows^^. Deosn't make any sence, but I just thought I'd give all information I have. Maybe it makes sence to someone else, hopefully to codemasters, who knows :smiley:
I have no clue :smiley: better having information that are useless instead of not having any information ;)

EDIT: sorry for my bad english, wrote it in a hurry, and english is not even my first language...

echo321 said:
Raalte said:
no, from australia to Mexico he was last pretty much every race. Qualifying was ok, but then in the races he dropped back fighting the mclarens. There was already a huge gap in car performance to mclaren at australia, after 5 or 6 races i already caught up to Haas and Torro rosso. At Japar or austin i then caught up to Renault and Williams, Wehlein still only fighting against the mclarens in the race... Sauber was the 5th strongest team at that point, wehrlein qualified at around p 11-14, but in the race dropped back to the mclarens... Only the two last races somehow he was mega quick getting p6 in Brazil and AbuDhabi... No clue why or how, but suddenly form one race to the other he was sooooo much quicker in the race.
s00zster said:

nah, where you can do just random races... or a costume season... I deleted an very ond race there i used to test something, as the tyre wear at brazil in free practice in career was imense high, so i wanted to test how to get a little less tyrewear in the grandprixmode.
I mean i have no clue why this would affect my teammate at career at all... Probably it does not have anything to do with it, but who knows^^. Deosn't make any sence, but I just thought I'd give all information I have. Maybe it makes sence to someone else, hopefully to codemasters, who knows :smiley:
I have no clue :smiley: better having information that are useless instead of not having any information ;)

EDIT: sorry for my bad english, wrote it in a hurry, and english is not even my first language...

So I assume your teamgoals would be around 8-11?

Could be that Sauber is also effected. Only weird thing is that the topspeed seems to be OK on your career. In mine the gap is at least 10 KPH. 

yes, teamgoals were about 15 at start of the season, around p8 at the end.
With the topspeed I only know about the last 2 races, never checked in the 18 before... But possible that Wherlein had much less topspeed  as he was really so extremely slow. He lost so much time, 40+ seconds on 50% distance. No clue why he was so quick the last 2 races... just strange

Just did qualifying in Brazil season 3. Alonso made it to Q3 for the first time. 
I took some screenshots of the speedtraps in Q3

Mine: https://ibb.co/fPJoY6
Alonso: https://ibb.co/eu2bLm