Sign in to follow this  

POLL: My prefered discipline in GRID AUTOSPORT is:

Touring cars.

However, where does the Demo Derby fall into? I guess it goes under Street somehow?
It's not in one of the disciplines, it's in a separate 'Party Mode' section with checkpoint and eliminator.
That's correct. Demo Derby isn't part of the career structure but is there for people that want to wreck and cause some carnage.

If you would have asked me before I'd played it I would have gone straight to Touring but the first few seasons of Open Wheel are absolutely brilliant. I've not had a go in the Indy car yet though, still working my way up the ranks.

There is nothing so relaxing and fun then having some last man standing and causing some chaos after a evening of good touring/open wheel racing.
Can we get a pit in DD btw?  please.   :)
Would be fun if we could take the DD cars to a drift parkours (such as Yokohoma docks it was I believe) as we did in grid with the acat mod to play some cops and robbers.   :D

So hard to choose! Always love a bit of touring, but I played so much endurance in GRID because it was so good too! But open wheel! Why must you do this to us?! I want all three!  :((

i didn't see drift on the poll? id say drift was my 3rd favourite in GRID 2nd was DERBY but always touring cars is the ultimate formula.

but whats to say any of these disciplines will work well in the new game?

i didn't see drift on the poll? id say drift was my 3rd favourite in GRID 2nd was DERBY but always touring cars is the ultimate formula.

I believe that Drifting is part of the Tune/ Street part of the game at least according to what @Loore said

I believe that Drifting is part of the Tune/ Street part of the game at least according to what @Loore said
Drifting is part of the Tuner discipline, Street is a seperate discipline.

Loore said:

Drifting is part of the Tuner discipline, Street is a seperate discipline.
thanks for clearing that up but that was moer or less what I was saying

gt1 seems to be missing from autosport...that was my favourite discipline in the first grid

Loore said:
Touring cars.

However, where does the Demo Derby fall into? I guess it goes under Street somehow?
It's not in one of the disciplines, it's in a separate 'Party Mode' section with checkpoint and eliminator.
That's correct. Demo Derby isn't part of the career structure but is there for people that want to wreck and cause some carnage.
There is nothing so relaxing then playing last man standing and causing some chaos after a evening of clean racing.  

next car game will be the place to go for a good old mash up..can buy at steam right now in beta for£20,if grid autosport fails again there is next car game

Loore said:
Touring cars.

There is nothing so relaxing then playing last man standing and causing some chaos after a evening of clean racing.  
I'm a racer rather than a wrecker, and I love nothing more than lining up behind someone to get the perfect chance to shunt them out of the way, and hopefully into the fence so I have a big enough lead for them to not take revenge!

Loore said:
Touring cars.

I'm a racer rather than a wrecker, and I love nothing more than lining up behind someone to get the perfect chance to shunt them out of the way, and hopefully into the fence so I have a big enough lead for them to not take revenge!
Same here

Has to be Open Wheel for me. Certainly, my love for F1 has a part in it but in previous games like Toca Race Driver 3, Toca 2 and Grid 1, I raced more often with the open wheel cars.

@Loore  Can all cars go around street tracks? I'm really hoping Open Wheel can drive street tracks. I love more open circuits too but street tracks have always been my favourite.

I loved the GT1 class in the original GRID, which would have been a perfect fit for the GAS equivalent to the Endurance discipline. My tastes tend to gravitate towards races where attrition is a major factor. For this same reason, my favorite races were the Endurance races from the SHIFT series of games by Slightly Mad Studios, since despite being way more 'sprint' than a real endurance, tire wear was a big deal.

I expect the Endurance races in GRID Autosport to be largely the same: ideally 20 to 30 minute races where races are a war of attrition and a test of consistency and patience.

That said, Tuner is a very close second for me, because GRID 1's drifting was fantastic good fun; it makes me really sad inside that Codemasters have not made a full-blown D1 Grand Prix game :(

Wot? No drift??????

Awwww well it gets my vote even if it aint listed here......

Wot? No drift??????

drift is part of the tuner discipline I believe
That's correct :)

@Joethe155

Yes, you can drive Open Wheel around city tracks :)

Joethe155 said:

@Loore  Can all cars go around street tracks? I'm really hoping Open Wheel can drive street tracks. I love more open circuits too but street tracks have always been my favourite.
*/quote*

It's... er...
interesting trying to tackle San Fransisco in them!

Loore said:
Wot? No drift??????

drift is part of the tuner discipline I believe
That's correct :)

@Joethe155

Yes, you can drive Open Wheel around city tracks :)

I'd imagine it's quite a challenge given Openwheel cars aren't normally suited to street tracks though not that I'm complaining I think I'd enjoy it

Gotta be Touring, spent many hours having great online touring car races in grid1, might even see the old gang back when autosport is released.

ATM Touring, that is until I know more about Endurance.
But obviously I'll take a look at all 5 disciplines. =)

Myenia said:
ATM Touring, that is until I know more about Endurance.
But obviously I'll take a look at all 5 disciplines. =)
I think most people will I know I will have a go at all 5 although the Touring openwheel and Ejndurance wil lmost likely get the majority of my attention being my favourite disciplines of racing