Sign in to follow this  

POLL: My prefered discipline in GRID AUTOSPORT is:

Grid Autosport will have 5 different disciplines for you to take part in. Which one is your absolute favorite :D

I like them all but put touring for now, when we get to race will find out, any way what is Tuner, Street and Endurance going to be within GAS ?

Yes @Loggy Tuner, Street and Endurance will be in GAS. Just check out the blog. It's rather well explained ;) 

The Racing Disciplines

You’ll be hearing us talk about disciplines a lot as they make up another of the core foundations of the game. Disciplines are various types of motorsport, of which there are five within GRID Autosport, each with its own unique style and feeling. There’s a vast difference in the way a Touring Car race unfolds compared to that of an Endurance race. Each discipline requires a different approach, strategy and comes complete with its own style of racing.

For instance, in Touring Cars it’s all about aggressive pack racing. You’ll have to manage tyre wear and race into the night in Endurance competitions but look to race smoothly and with precision in our Open-Wheel races. Street Races are about reacting on the fly on claustrophobic streets through cities with unpredictable changes in elevations and drift cars are all about demonstrating your car control. To become an all-around driver, you’ll develop a broad set of skills.

Touring. It is what the game has come from, therefore, what everyone loves about it.

P308R said:
Yes @Loggy Tuner, Street and Endurance will be in GAS. Just check out the blog. It's rather well explained ;) 

The Racing Disciplines

You’ll be hearing us talk about disciplines a lot as they make up another of the core foundations of the game. Disciplines are various types of motorsport, of which there are five within GRID Autosport, each with its own unique style and feeling. There’s a vast difference in the way a Touring Car race unfolds compared to that of an Endurance race. Each discipline requires a different approach, strategy and comes complete with its own style of racing.

For instance, in Touring Cars it’s all about aggressive pack racing. You’ll have to manage tyre wear and race into the night in Endurance competitions but look to race smoothly and with precision in our Open-Wheel races. Street Races are about reacting on the fly on claustrophobic streets through cities with unpredictable changes in elevations and drift cars are all about demonstrating your car control. To become an all-around driver, you’ll develop a broad set of skills.

I was more wondering if the types are rigidly fixed to track or street racing, Grid 1 was pretty well mixed with most disciplines useing circuits and street tracks which I really liked.

Touring, but it's a very close call, if drifting is anything like the first GRID then I will really like that as well.

For me it's Touring as well. Most exciting motorsport in the world!

touring or endurance would of rathered endruance races be longer then 40 mins though and actually have effective pit stops eh maybe next time.

Have had great experiences on them all but Open Wheel is getting my nod at the moment, it's incredibly good :)

Loore said:
Have had great experiences on them all but Open Wheel is getting my nod at the moment, it's incredibly good :)
I liked the f3 in grid with all assists off sessions. 
How close to that is that in the new game?
But yeah my top 3 is touring, open wheel and DD for some relaxation :D
Sorry if I am off topic.  :)

Touring all the way.

best sim races i ever taken part in...touring
best races to watch on tv or IRL...touring

and like someone else said...nothing wrong with a bit of bump n grind

I probably would have selected DD if it was there, I definitely had some of the best races there on GRID 1 with FAKEFACE on 360 and a few other quick drivers, definitely kept me on the edge of my seat!

Loore said:
I liked the f3 in grid with all assists off sessions. 
How close to that is that in the new game?
But yeah my top 3 is touring, open wheel and DD for some relaxation :D
Sorry if I am off topic.  :)
Controversial topic here, I think the team have made a better Open Wheel experience in GRID Autosport than in Race Driver: GRID. Multiplayer with like minded drivers is some of the best I've experienced.

Touring for now... until I learn more about the endurance content!

What are the differences between street and tuner in this game?, aren't those two the same in most games?

My favourite ones gotta be GT and Supercars (Koni, Pagani, etc).

I see neither GT nor Supercar disciplines included in the list btw. Which category were they included in?

Street = Cars like Mercedes C63, Audi RS5 driving within tight street circuits
Tuner: = Japanese drift cars and timetrail cars. Rx-7, 370Z etc

It's what I understood so far. 

We have 5 disciplines in within each of the disciplines there are a few different series. I think there will be a GT-series under Touring. The supercars, I have no idea where they go, but I asume street.

This was in the blog:
Each discipline has a number of dedicated series within them; ranging from Touring Cars, GT, Single-Seaters, Muscle Cars, Drift, Supercars, Hypercars, Time Attack, Prototypes and many, many more. You don’t just get five broad experiences, but also different racing experiences within those styles.

@Loore can you confirm this or can you explain a bit the structure?

Five disciplines; Touring, Endurance, Open Wheel, Street and Tuner.

Each of these disciplines has multiple types of series under it. For example GT will come under Endurance, Time Attack under Tuner and so on.

The ones listed are just a small selection and the way the game works is by breaking the cars down into classes

Further Example:

Touring [Discipline]
Class 1 | Lower spec Touring Cars
Class 2
Class 3
Class 4
Class 5 | Higher spec Touring Cars

Does that help?

hola said:
What are the differences between street and tuner in this game?, aren't those two the same in most games?

My favourite ones gotta be GT and Supercars (Koni, Pagani, etc).

I see neither GT nor Supercar disciplines included in the list btw. Which category were they included in?
Street is just that, racing around street circuits.

Tuner contains Drift, Timer Attack and Muscle cars.

Will there be.a specific drift mode? :D
Drift forms part of the Tuner discipline, all your drift events are there. These events are specific for Drift and is where you'll be competing for score and now necessariyl fast lap times etc

Loore said:
Will there be.a specific drift mode? :D
Drift forms part of the Tuner discipline, all your drift events are there. These events are specific for Drift and is where you'll be competing for score and now necessariyl fast lap times etc
Would you say that drifting is similar to GRID 1 handling wise? And from the trailer it looks like the head to head drift races are back? :D