Jump to content Jump to content

REPLIES everyone.. new to F1 and need advise on steering wheel for PS3,.....

Which Steerling wheels are compatible for the 2014 version thats coming out? i dont want to spend an arm and a leg on one. and im not the most advanced driver so i dont need all the bells and whistles when it comes to driving. just something basic. Thanks for everyone's help!
@Matman167‌ The G27 and Driving Force GT (both Logitech) are both great wheels. The DFGT is probably more suitable for you as it's quite a bit cheaper and as a "basic" wheel, it'll get the job done well. If of course you decided you wanted something a bit better, by all means get a G27 as it is worth the extra money. That being said, as an owner of both wheels the DFGT is more than adequate, if you don't want to spend too much. It's also worth noting though that at this stage, no Logitech wheels are compatible with PS4, so if you plan on getting a PS4 and want to use a wheel with it (such as the next generation F1 game), then you will have to look at Thrustmaster- and a decent PS4/ PS3 compatible wheel will set you back around $400- ouch! This could change and hopefully it does. I still recommend though - a DFGT- it's only around $100 and it's a great wheel.
Matman167 said:
Thank you. Excuse my lack of knowledge, what do you mean by I need force feedback?? Thanks
Im no good at explaining thing but will try :) Ffb is basically where you feel the forces you would expect from a steering wheel, so it will go lighter when the tyres start to loose grip, will go heavy when under load, shake your teeth when running over rumble strips :) some are better than others as ive had a few wheels from £50 up to my current £750 fanatec csr elite with formula rim and that has AMAZING ffb compared with cheaper wheels! It's expencive but gives me a workout so its cheaper than the gym lol! What im trying to point out is I know a £50 wheel might seem like it will do the same job as a £150/£200 wheel but from experience it's worth getting a good wheel! Ive always heard good things about the logitech's so they seem to be a logical choice for a good wheel although they wont ever be compatible with ps4 so if you want to upgrade to a ps4 in the future id recommend a thrustmaster wheel as they are doing a few on there website that are for ps4 and I belive they will work on the ps3? 
For PC, Driving Force GT is best value for money high-quality wheel. It is for PS3 too, but Sony's done the dirty on us and followed Microsoft XBox in creating an exclusive cash cow for Thrustmaster, so TS300/500 - which will cost about the same as your console. 
I've been using the Logitech G27 and I have no complaints with it. The force feedback is great and it has everything you need. The two downside are it isn't cheap and is not be compatible with the PS4 so when F1 2015 is released I'll need a new wheel. 
And thats the point where you should just move to the PC.  The G27 feels alot better on there too ;)

I know this sounds bad, but I would hate to buy another wheel after investing in the G27.