F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

I have frozen 6 times today. Looks liks a problem created by the patch. Anyone else???

Yep, same here, the game froze up  4 times in a space of an hour. Never happened before today,

Just got number 7 amd every one in the room i was in said it is happening to them as well.

Makes me glad PS3 didn't get this patch then. All they fixed was impact ratings and car repairs, right? 

Yes, it was happening to a fair few people on xbox last night.  Only happened to me once but my friends got it 3/4 times. 

Not sure if it is an issue with patch or whether there was a problem with the xbox live service.  There was no service alert though.  Did anyone play any other games online yesterday on xbox and if so did you have any freezing issues? 

In a couple of hours I will try clearing my cache, then restart my Xbox then start GAS & keep my fingers crossed.

I cannot edit my post above but, now that I was thinking about it. After one the many BF3 update/patches the game started freezing at different points in the game. And some folks told me to delete the previous update, delete the most recent patch, & clear your cache. Then re-install the most recent patch/update. This did work for me. I know the updates for GAS are not like the BF3 updates because the BF3 updates are very large like 2 to 3 GB's so you actually have to go and delete the file from your hdd. I think GAS you only have to clear the cache to get rid of the previous updates. Maybe this will work I don't really know for sure but, I suppose it is worth a try. 

Yes, it was happening to a fair few people on xbox last night.  Only happened to me once but my friends got it 3/4 times. 

Not sure if it is an issue with patch or whether there was a problem with the xbox live service.  There was no service alert though.  Did anyone play any other games online yesterday on xbox and if so did you have any freezing issues? 
I got sick of the crashes so I started playing Skate 3 instead an had no issues with that!

Must be a GA thing!

I had the game freeze several times last night but also had a freeze while I was in the dashboard trying to download something.

I had the game freeze several times last night but also had a freeze while I was in the dashboard trying to download something.
Was that freeze while you were downloading something in any way realated to GAS? Like a freeze from the main Xbox main menu screen? Or was it within.the GAS game itself? I am just wondering if this was a XBL problem? 

BobA1001 said:
I am on PS3 and I had several freezes yesterday in race net, on Mt. Panorama.
yes i had a freeze on the ps3 ,racenet Mt. Panorama , first time ever
havent tried it again yet

That's normally a ghost issue. If you're racing with someone else's ghost, choose no ghost next time. 

Add me to the list of console freezes. Just before we got to the grid in my second post-patch online game, on 360. This'll need fixing pretty swiftly, @Loore...

I just tried to play some and I did try to clear my cache. After. I cleared my cache and started GAS it did not prompt me to download the latest update.

And I played some and the bad news is I played some Touring with no problems until it turned into a full lobby. Then at the load screen it came up that no connection could be found. I don't know if this is a XBL problem or it is a result of the patch.

So then after that I went to a Custom Lobby to try a race and then I got a full on lock up. So I just quit and stopped playing altogether.

I don't if the problem is with the latest update, or if it is a XBL problem. I guess when the PS3 update is live we will find out. Or if someone else plays another Xbox game where problems are rarre, and if they have no problems then the freezes/kicks may go to the updates fault.

I've reported this to the team, we're looking into it. More info as soon as I have it.

I am also on ps3 and had 2 freezes on mt panorama with ghost and also without ghost.

Was that freeze while you were downloading something in any way realated to GAS? Like a freeze from the main Xbox main menu screen? Or was it within.the GAS game itself? I am just wondering if this was a XBL problem? 
I was trying to download a gamer picture that had nothing to do with GAS.
I've also spoken to a couple of other players this evening & they had probs, one was watch a film when they got a freeeze.

Loore said:
I've reported this to the team, we're looking into it. More info as soon as I have it.
Great, and the fix for this fix will be in 2 months?????  Test the patch much? November is getting closer,  project cars and Xbox one are getting closer.  CM you may have shot yourselves in the feet. 

Same problem here. Freeze ups on the entrants screen prior to an online race.
It's a joke. It was playable before yesterday.
Getting bored with waiting for this game to fulfill it's potential now. The fact that I can race offline around Donington in a classic touring car race is the only thing stopping the thing going on Ebay.

Did the PS3 players get the patch yet? If they did not get it yet. This makes me wonder if PS caught a problem that is related to the freezing or the new track rotation portion is not working properly. And thus Sony did not allow the release.

Those that were experiencing this, are you still doing so?

We believe it may be because of a miss match between versions. Players who have patched are potentially playing with those that haven't. If this is the case we'd expect it to resolve by itself over the next few hours.

If memory serves me right, I think this happened during an earlier console patch as well?

Loore said:
Those that were experiencing this, are you still doing so?

We believe it may be because of a miss match between versions. Players who have patched are potentially playing with those that haven't. If this is the case we'd expect it to resolve by itself over the next few hours.

If memory serves me right, I think this happened during an earlier console patch as well?
Haven't tried yet, but if this is the case and it's happened before and it still got released, the mind boggles. The software I write for a living wouldn't get anywhere near to shipping if I told them "it will sometimes lock your machine up to the point that you'll have to risk data loss by doing a hard reboot. But hopefully only for the first day or two".

@Loore ..

Sorry but i dont understand how there can be players on multiplayer without the patch.  When you load the game you are given the option to either accept the patch or get signed out of live.  Could i suggest someone from your office actually plays the game in multiplayer to experience the issue for themselves.

Also, ive asked about the missing new playlists a couple of times now but still no response.