F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

@SASBlink‌ lol that's what I'm trying to find out but no answer as usual there all probably sat in the corner twiddling there thumbs rocking because they don't no how to fix it :) 

Freezing Game Work Around:

Take out Grid Autosport Disc, place into prospective box. Unplug Xbox 360, take Game and 360 to Gamestore and trade in for Xbox One. Purchase Project Cars upon release. Proceed to play a real driving simulation on a superior console. 

In Response to Codies saying the Xbox 360 no longer has the processing capability or memory to run their game, or to include mirrors. 

When is this game getting sorted,  I'm getting sick of waiting, Project Cars will be out before Codemasters get this fixed, I'm very disappointed. It's taking so long.

Well the "hotfix" for PC SEEMS to have worked, since 04/11 only had 3 shutdowns, 2 were when there was a temp shutdown of Steam and the last seemed to coincide with a steam update.....

Might be a while before it gets to the consoles (my commiserations on that), but it is certainly better than 5 shutdowns/lockups per hour.....

@Loore  When is this patch coming?

What is codemasters going to do to compensate the xbox players?   

Could you please provide a list of reasons, at least 10,  of why anyone should continue to be a codemasters customer, or become one in the future? 

What is the future for codemasters? 

Are you planning on testing your games in the future? 

NINJACGS said:
@Loore‌ any news on patch update pleaae 
Don't have any further updates at this time unfortunately.

Loore said:
don't hurry, you have the time ... now ... about a month (maybe more) :)
CoD AW... AC Rogue... FC 4...

You have more important projects ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkDQJJ6gLJo

@Loore, I don't know if this is Helpful but I can sometimes tell when my Xbox is about to freeze up. It's only while in the Online Section, but when the Liveries start to look like a Screen Color Test usually a Lock-up is not far behind. It's almost like the Console is running out of RAM while Online. Which I know is not the case because this wasn't an issue until the last patch. 

Loore said:
NINJACGS said:
@Loore...

I don't want to have a go a you guys, I want you to make brilliant games (which you have with GAS) that we're able to play with NO game breaking issues (which where xbox and GAS are concerned you haven't delivered).

We're 5 weeks into the freezing issue now.  2 weeks ago you told us the patch was with Q&A but we're still waiting.  It feels like CM just don't give a damn about this situation and that you probably think of us as "moaning minnies" but how many ppl in the CM office would be happy with this if they were in our shoes?

If we're unable to get a solution please just don't leave the game in this state for any longer.  Is it possible to revert back to how the game was before the last patch?

The freezing issue is very frustrating but one of my main concerns is that the game is haemorrhaging players and there'll be no one left online before long.  Many people are also saying they won't be buying any more of your games because of all the problems.  I don't want that to happen and I'm sure you guys don't either.

Please prioritise this and get it sorted asap before we completely lose faith in CM.

If they revert it to the previous patch, people will have corrupt game save issues, which I think is far worse than freezing. As I said in a previous post, I reckon it's related to custom liveries. I don't use them and have only ever had one freeze playing pretty much every day for a couple of hours. I do  get disconnected from the session sometimes, but this is pretty rare.

If they revert it to the previous patch, people will have corrupt game save issues, which I think is far worse than freezing. As I said in a previous post, I reckon it's related to custom liveries. I don't use them and have only ever had one freeze playing pretty much every day for a couple of hours. I do  get disconnected from the session sometimes, but this is pretty rare.
The last patch we had was at the beginning of October and it fixed the repair costs and the online impact ratings.... this was the patch that caused the problems.  The corrupt game save patch was the one we had at the beginning of September :)

Personally I would rather lose the impact ratings and pay more to repair the cars than put up with the freezing, however, fully understand that other people may feel differently :)

Loore said:
NINJACGS said:
@Loore...

I don't want to have a go a you guys, I want you to make brilliant games (which you have with GAS) that we're able to play with NO game breaking issues (which where xbox and GAS are concerned you haven't delivered).

We're 5 weeks into the freezing issue now.  2 weeks ago you told us the patch was with Q&A but we're still waiting.  It feels like CM just don't give a damn about this situation and that you probably think of us as "moaning minnies" but how many ppl in the CM office would be happy with this if they were in our shoes?

If we're unable to get a solution please just don't leave the game in this state for any longer.  Is it possible to revert back to how the game was before the last patch?

The freezing issue is very frustrating but one of my main concerns is that the game is haemorrhaging players and there'll be no one left online before long.  Many people are also saying they won't be buying any more of your games because of all the problems.  I don't want that to happen and I'm sure you guys don't either.

Please prioritise this and get it sorted asap before we completely lose faith in CM.
It went into QA, who found that it wasn't fixed. As such we're busy crawling through code looking to identify the exact cause. 

Rolling back patches is not something that we're discussing right now, that would have a number of potential issues associated with it.

Loore said:
It went into QA, who found that it wasn't fixed. As such we're busy crawling through code looking to identify the exact cause. 

Rolling back patches is not something that we're discussing right now, that would have a number of potential issues associated with it.
Thanks for the slightly more detailed version. 

@Loore thank you for the detailed description... glad to hear its being worked on and another potential problem was found before release. Hopefully this will be done soon but I for one am glad it will be fixed right finally. 

Reading into Loore's post it looks like another potential problem wasnt found. They just never found the cause of the original problem by the sound of it, hence no patch!

So in other words, one month on and no-one knows if you're any closer to getting your patch.

I'm glad you're happy with this.

They said its memory issues.  But who knows.  

Id like to know why I lose my club tag every time it crashes.  
Also why recently when I'm signed in to xbox live, and load my game,, it says I need to be connected to xbox live.