Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

They said its memory issues.  But who knows.  

Id like to know why I lose my club tag every time it crashes.  
Also why recently when I'm signed in to xbox live, and load my game,, it says I need to be connected to xbox live.   
I think you just Nailed it. Dude! @Loore, I have noticed that right before it freezes the Liveries on the Online mode start to get all Screwy and Scrambled. If I go to the Dashboard and come back into the game its fine. If I just go back to Offline Career mode it locks up on the next Loading Screen. So It has something to do with the Racenet Club Liveries. And loading the Club Livery on the Car. For many weeks I was playing Destiny and only playing League Races with my own Livery. Now that I'm running a Club Livery I'm Freezing about every 4th or 5th Race. 
Since Codies can't figure it out maybe the People that actually try and play the game will.... 

Didnt say I was happy about any of it. What I got from his post was that CM had a fix and tested it before releasing it. Something was wrong so they are "pouring through code" before releasing another broken patch. To me thats a good thing since I have been playing a good but broken game since day 1. IWhen the next fix comes out I would rather it be the last and finally done right. Im far from being a fan of the corrupt saves and freezing but I do like the game... obviously you do as well or you wouldnt bother here or with online play. 

Best thing to do (although it shouldn't have to be done) is go to the dashboard every 2 mins or so and re load your game. I know it's not the fix you all want but it's a bit quicker that resetting your xbox :)

It amounts to the same thing.
Restarting, faffing through the loading screens and menus instead of racing.
The fun has finally been sucked out of this great game. V sad.

On the bright side.... those that wanted random starting order, you got it. LOL!! From one race to the next you dont know if you will be in the lobby or not :smiley: 

On the bright side.... those that wanted random starting order, you got it. LOL!! From one race to the next you dont know if you will be in the lobby or not :smiley: 
Very true.   :)

Too good to last.....A new DLC installed or unable to access any sessions, now I get 3 crashes 2 restarts and one BSOD with crash dump, Can't see this getting fixed at all.

Said it before, FIX the game before you shotgun DLC's! Get it WORKING before you try dangling/adding bells and whistles.

@Loore:

Wake up, eat breakfast. After 4 bites... FREEZE, RESET Start over

Brush Teeth, Getting Dressed put pants on button shirt.. FREEZE, RESET Start over

Watch morning Bloaks on TV while drinking your tea, Pour another cup...FREEZE, RESET start over

Get in Car go to work, Pull into parking lot... FREEZE, RESET start over.

Walk into Codemasters studio's and catch up on TPS reports. Read numerous complaints of Xbox Users and chuckle to self. Browse through a few hundred emails, hit delete... FREEZE RESET start over. 

Come home Listen to children tell you about their day, middle of the story FREEZE RESET start over. 

Frustrating isn't it???

My copy of GAS didn't even sell on EBay at fifteen quid.
Its reputation precedes it.....

Willing to swap for a Greggs sausage roll and a copy of Viz if anyone is interested. I'll even chuck in a bottle of antifreeze. You'll need it.

THEN:

Nicholls then talks about the main reason why they went for PS3 and Xbox 360 instead of PS4 and Xbox One.

We’re working on our next-generation technology already and our future games will take advantage of it, but right now we feel there’s a great opportunity to use the existing EGO engine to make a GRID game that responds to our community and makes and awesome motorsports themed racing game. - GRID: Autosport’s lead designer James Nicholls

NOW:

There old technology, we don't have time to waste on them anymore. - Loore (Paraphrased)

Sorry to Troll this thread, with this:
Sorry to be a New game purchaser:
Sorry to be a customer:
Sorry to be expecting the game to work:

Its getting worse.  It either freezes or Disconnects so much Ive done 3 races in 1 hour. 
I can see cars with mulit coloured silly string all over them now.  

Its a racenet issue CM.  

That will be £40,000 thanks.

What do you pay QA for???  

Can anyone guess how much the next release from CM is going to cost me? 

@Loore:

Wake up, eat breakfast. After 4 bites... FREEZE, RESET Start over

Brush Teeth, Getting Dressed put pants on button shirt.. FREEZE, RESET Start over

Watch morning Bloaks on TV while drinking your tea, Pour another cup...FREEZE, RESET start over

Get in Car go to work, Pull into parking lot... FREEZE, RESET start over.

Walk into Codemasters studio's and catch up on TPS reports. Read numerous complaints of Xbox Users and chuckle to self. Browse through a few hundred emails, hit delete... FREEZE RESET start over. 

Come home Listen to children tell you about their day, middle of the story FREEZE RESET start over. 

Frustrating isn't it???

Or just stay in bed because it's the weekend and all the people who bought the game will be having the problems.

Still no un-thaw patch, I see. Terrific news. I have not played the game in weeks, I doubt I will be playing this game again. 

On the bright side I bought a game for the good old 360 that released 2 weeks ago and cannot get any answers from that company to whether or not they are going to fix some of the issues with that game. All these guys want to talk about is the release of the next gen version of this game next week. 

On a positive note I've just seen Forza Horizon 2 on the XBoxOne.
Holy moly!! No prizes for guessing which ship I'm jumping on.

I'll be glad when I can afford a Xbone. Project Cars will be my Go-to Racer...and Grid.. well that will be just another forgotten memory collecting dust on the Used Games Shelf at Gamestop. 

@Loore‌ 

Many thanks for your earlier response.  I take it there's still no progress on this?

Some ppl have mentioned custom liveries as being the cause.... I'm no programmer but I have often wondered if it's something to do with the game connecting to Racenet as it also happens in time trial where we don't use custom liveries.

I hope we don't have to wait for a fix for much longer.  A great game has been wasted :(

@Loore‌ 

Some ppl have mentioned custom liveries as being the cause....

As I've said before. I don't use them and have only had one freeze ever. A few disconnections though, but not many.  So maybe people should try not using custom liveries until we get a patch.

@Crumplezone‌ 

I might try this later but it doesn't explain why I get freezing issues on time trial as there are no custom liveries on there.  Are the custom liveries linked to Racenet in anyway? I know the team ones are as they display in the Clubs HQ section.

@Crumplezone‌ 

I might try this later but it doesn't explain why I get freezing issues on time trial as there are no custom liveries on there.  Are the custom liveries linked to Racenet in anyway? I know the team ones are as they display in the Clubs HQ section.
I think it has something to do with the club liveries and linking to Racenet. Somewhere between Racenet, Xboxlive, and the game there is a miscommunication that creates the freeze. I don't think Codies even know whats going on hence there has been no fix for the situation. I've found Racenet to be extremely unstable since the games release anyway. Always having to go back into the Club section so the Club Livery is available, and other things like real time stats and the scrolling banner glitching out. 

Further update on this, the team are currently testing a patch. I'll bring you more news as soon as I have it :)