Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

Dont forget the last patch... once its submitted xbox has to approve it. Dont hold your breath for next week release but good to hear possible progress is being made.

Can't believe we're still waiting..... would it not have been quicker to write a new patch to replace the one that screwed the game up?

@Loore....  Is this issue ever going to get resolved?  You have a whole console worth of players feeling a bit p'd off with you guys atm.... that's a lot of lost business when the time comes to release your next game.  Sorry but I've lost faith in you guys to deliver any form of working game and I'm not alone.

As an aside... the other day someone asked me whether I thought F1 2014 was worth buying.  I suggested they look at the F1 section of this forum.  They did and as a consequence decided not to buy it.  Don't underestimate the effect word of mouth can have on your sales.

I just wasnt impressed with forza 5.  Its just forza 4, with less cars, and slightly better graphics.  

At least it will be playable.  

:smile: 

Anything is a step up from this drawn-out debacle, even if it only freezes once a night !!
GAME are doing £12 on trade-ins for GAS. It's £12 I wouldn't have had.
Closure...... at last.

kimdurose said:
Anything is a step up from this drawn-out debacle, even if it only freezes once a night !!
GAME are doing £12 on trade-ins for GAS. It's £12 I wouldn't have had.
Closure...... at last.
I don't blame you in the least for trading it in but shame on GAME and any other retailer for selling this broken mess and shame on CM for not recalling this "product".   Imagine a parent on a low income buying it for their son/daughter's Xmas present and the disappointment when they get freeze after freeze after freeze.

I've more or less given up all hope of this game becoming playable any time soon.

kimdurose, no, i just did not make a tragedy, yesterday passed story CoD AW (& received first prestige...), today brought AC Rogue
& wait...when CM wake up consciences

@Loore  Recently the online playlists when not freezing have been giving us 4 races in the same cars.  Very annoying when its 4 UTE races, then 4 miglia races.  

Does this have anything to do with the freezing issue? 

You guys really need to get your skates on,  8 people in the lobby tonight.   Only lobby I could find.  I reckon Grid 2 has more players......not that im going to look. 

Grid Autosport - Freeze - Reboot - Warface - Hours of no freezing

Check the steam charts,
Grid Autosport right now 188 players,
Grid 2 has 454 players,
Assetto Corsa has 508 players,
Beaten by a sim racer and the games predecessor??? That's bad, really bad.

See for yourself, any game can be selected for a long tern record of Steam players on line now and in the past. just type the name in the search box....
http://steamcharts.com/search?q=Grid

Tonight 3 freezes, 2 restarts and a crash dump, thnx CM now the PC is at risk because of all these crashes......

Guess I'll just go play Warframe instead at least it has more players online (12,731 atm and number 9 int the steam charts) cause it works and they at least FIX things fast when they do go wrong.

Check the steam charts,
Grid Autosport right now 188 players,
Grid 2 has 454 players,
Assetto Corsa has 508 players,
Beaten by a sim racer and the games predecessor??? That's bad, really bad.

See for yourself, any game can be selected for a long tern record of Steam players on line now and in the past. just type the name in the search box....
http://steamcharts.com/search?q=Grid

Tonight 3 freezes, 2 restarts and a crash dump, thnx CM now the PC is at risk because of all these crashes......

Guess I'll just go play Warframe instead at least it has more players online (12,731 atm and number 9 int the steam charts) cause it works and they at least FIX things fast when they do go wrong.
I didn't realise there were issues on the PC too. 

This freezing has more or less killed the game on xbox.  If they had turned the fix around in a week or so it wouldn't have been too much of a problem but it's been 5/6 weeks now.  It's a shame.   Whether people will come back or not remains to be seen.  

This has totally put me off from buying/recommending any future CM titles.... I hope someone else comes along and releases a racer in the near future... you know, one that works... maybe by a company that actually cares about it's customers.

I thought it was just me, I have had some weird issues since the last patch, PC lock ups, black screens, couple of BSOD, game restarts etc.

I had 3 in a row last night, a couple when applying a new racenet livery it just went black, then I got some snow like blobs on the screen and locked up, ctrl alt del is the only way to restart.

I have also had flashing windscreens, flickering shadows under the cars and black pop up grass when using ultra and 16qcsaa, changing to high seemed to sort most of it out but not the lock ups, I have only seemed to have it when upgrading to the latest Nvidia drivers.

I had an idea and looked for the driver that was supposed to be optimised for Grid back in July, the Beta one is 340.43 so I used the release one just after 340.52 and it seems to have fixed the issues so far, will do some more testing tonight.

I thought it was just me, I have had some weird issues since the last patch, PC lock ups, black screens, couple of BSOD, game restarts etc.

I had 3 in a row last night, a couple when applying a new racenet livery it just went black, then I got some snow like blobs on the screen and locked up, ctrl alt del is the only way to restart.

The racenet livery seems to be the one constant variable between the PC freezes and Xbox freezes. Seems like there is something they can do with how Racenet interfaces with the PC and Xbox platforms without having to release a patch. 

I'm on PC and haven't had any issues for a month or more, my steam friends play often as well and have not complained either. My PC is quite an old one and I am forced to play the game at ultra low settings to avoid lag...

Haven't come across dead sessions either, nor disconnects etc... game's perfectly playable atm.

Mine was playing perfectly until the last 2 Nvidia driver updates the last one being 344.65 I think, they just don't seem to like my PC although my mate has a similar set up to mine and the same GPU and he had the flickering glass and black pop up grass, he also suffered the black screen issues but his and mine were mainly on booting up the game and entering online then black screen, the lock ups were from him changing the club livery which has not been changed until 2 days ago (same livery for over 2 months), that is when the lock ups began selecting the new livery from my vehicles, it seems Ok if you select the livery in the lobby?

I re-installed the old drivers last night and got straight in and picked my livery and it ran perfectly even the graphics looked better but I have left it on default High and am still using 16qcsaa, will see how it goes tonight.

It would seem a common issue across platforms that Racenet and the liveries are causing an issue somewhere?

We are still working on the freezing issue. 

Unfortunately we are constrained somewhat to some technical limitations with consoles (keep in mind they are very old!)...

Clearly, platform age does not stop CodeMasters from continuing to sell new games for "very old" platforms (ToyBox Turbos, F1 2014)...

...So why is it a convenient scapegoat when it comes to CodeMasters' fixing their existing titles on those same platforms?

CodeMasters is only "constrained" by their own deliberate decision to sell defective games while avoiding/delaying fixes.

This is not an accident. It's a conscious decision to allocate more resources & priority to areas other than quality.

CodeMasters has demonstrated that they prefer stealing my money over earning it.

Lessons learned & bridges burned.

So another week of waiting for the patch. I think we're being lied to guys. Codie's are just telling people there working on it to shut us up. On that note I would go to grid 2 but I traded that in months ago just because I got all the achievements and the handling sux on it soooo bad I rather play grid then grid 2 and gas.

Operator1 said:

We are still working on the freezing issue. 

Unfortunately we are constrained somewhat to some technical limitations with consoles (keep in mind they are very old!)...

Clearly, platform age does not stop CodeMasters from continuing to sell new games for "very old" platforms (ToyBox Turbos, F1 2014)...

...So why is it a convenient scapegoat when it comes to CodeMasters' fixing their existing titles on those same platforms?

CodeMasters is only "constrained" by their own deliberate decision to sell defective games while avoiding/delaying fixes.

This is not an accident. It's a conscious decision to allocate more resources & priority to areas other than quality.

CodeMasters has demonstrated that they prefer stealing my money over earning it.

Lessons learned & bridges burned.

Couldnt agree more!