Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

Who cares about Grass!

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/10/rendering-fields-of-grass-in-grid-autosport/

Why dont you spend some resources on making the crowd look real, and putting sponsors on the balloons.  

What about insects flying about?  you could put swarms of 1440p midges in there.   Thats what your community wants.    

No one cares about having a working game,  we all care deeply about how the grass looks, expecially as in a touring legend car, the grass is the quickest way round the track.  

JUST GIVE UP CODENOOBIES

I saw the 360 version of GAS for sale in a supermarket yesterday.... I'm tempted to go back and put labels on the boxes warning people not to buy it lol.

I'm no lawyer but surely this legislation applies to this product in it's current state:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-protection-from-unfair-trading-regulations-2008

That won't work as the product is undergoing repair. Just taking a long time. Although there is no current date of the fix... Hmmm... 

It's not being repaired though. They just say it is.  All resources will now be on the pc version.  The xbox is too old. 

That won't work as the product is undergoing repair. Just taking a long time. Although there is no current date of the fix... Hmmm... 
But when does the amount of time taken to fix the product become unreasonable?

This whole thing is very frustrating... hence my grumpy stance lol.

It's not being repaired though. They just say it is.  All resources will now be on the pc version.  The xbox is too old. 
Absolute rubbish, stop your trolling. 

Afraid I don't have any further updates, I have given the team a prod and will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Loore said:

Afraid I don't have any further updates, I have given the team a prod and will let you know as soon as I hear anything.
I don't wish to start an argument here but I think that's a bit unfair..... we're ALL paying customers of yours.  People are very frustrated and annoyed by this, even more so than when we had the corrupt game save issue.

We have had very little communication from yourselves and it just seems like a) nothing is happening and b) no one cares.

I think the community have been very patient with CM but we're 6 weeks in so it shouldn't be a surprise that ppl are starting to feel a bit peeved and want to vent their frustration. 

Loore said:

Listen @Loore - How am I trolling?   Im a paying customer!  Im commenting in the GAS freezing thread.  

Nice to see how you single ME out,  @Kimdurose doesnt get publically called a troll, by the Codemaster Community Manager.  Neither do the other people not happy about your game.  

Why do you need to give the team a prod?  

Are they working on other things by any chance?  Forgotten about the old 360? 

Its not good enough that you dont have any further updates!   GO AND GET SOME! 

All you do is spam your reply of "nothing to report yet".    Well done!  You manage the paying community with respect.  

You say im trolling, yet there is no patch.  You have no information to give your disgruntled customers.  Other than "stop trolling" 

Well HEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! FIX YOUR DAMN GAME.  YOU MADE IT,  YOU SOLD IT AS WORKING.  

Im sorry im not a fanboy who has a brown nose,  You not doing a very good job, and someone needs to tell you.  CONSTANTLY!

If you dont like that, then try making a game that works.  I didnt sell you the game as working,  YOU sold it to me.  

Why dont you just start banning all your paying customers who complain.  That way people with their own free will, wont be able to play your games, and you can just have a community of people willing to accept your nonsense. 

PAYING CUSTOMER! PAYING CUSTOMER! PAYING CUSTOMER!

Shoot yourself in the feet some more CM.  This thread has been emailed to OXM magazine.   Searching other Xbox magazines to email this to right now.  
Codemasters want to treat paying customers like a dog doo do,  Ill do my best to help out with your image.  

@NWRcharger  thats is part of the problem. 

Forget you have other games.  You paid for a working game.  You do not have a working Autosport game.  

Imagine your a child and you mum gets you this for your Birthday or Xmas.  You would not be enjoying it. 

Has @Loore told you to stop trolling?   No?   Ohhhhhh thats because this is acceptable to you.  

Loore said:

Listen @Loore - How am I trolling?   Im a paying customer!  Im commenting in the GAS freezing thread.  

Nice to see how you single ME out,  @Kimdurose doesnt get publically called a troll, by the Codemaster Community Manager.  Neither do the other people not happy about your game.  

Why do you need to give the team a prod?  

Are they working on other things by any chance?  Forgotten about the old 360? 

Its not good enough that you dont have any further updates!   GO AND GET SOME! 

All you do is spam your reply of "nothing to report yet".    Well done!  You manage the paying community with respect.  

You say im trolling, yet there is no patch.  You have no information to give your disgruntled customers.  Other than "stop trolling" 

Well HEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! FIX YOUR DAMN GAME.  YOU MADE IT,  YOU SOLD IT AS WORKING.  

Im sorry im not a fanboy who has a brown nose,  You not doing a very good job, and someone needs to tell you.  CONSTANTLY!

If you dont like that, then try making a game that works.  I didnt sell you the game as working,  YOU sold it to me.  

Why dont you just start banning all your paying customers who complain.  That way people with their own free will, wont be able to play your games, and you can just have a community of people willing to accept your nonsense. 

PAYING CUSTOMER! PAYING CUSTOMER! PAYING CUSTOMER!

Shoot yourself in the feet some more CM.  This thread has been emailed to OXM magazine.   Searching other Xbox magazines to email this to right now.  
Codemasters want to treat paying customers like a dog doo do,  Ill do my best to help out with your image.  
I do speak to others, but your attitude throughout the entire forum is moving over into the realms of trolling. I understand you're unhappy, totally get that and fully appreciate it. But snide comments on every thread you post in, alongside totally untrue statements such as "It's not being repaired though. They just say it is." is not helping anyone. The number of abuse and spam reports alongside your name doesn't go in your favour and they are not from 'us', they are from your peers amongst the Community.

I dropped the team a note this morning to ask if there was any update, to answer your question - yes, people are working on other stuff. That's how game development works. The bulk of the team will work on a new project while a sub section will continue to work on any patches / dlc / updates etc for their previously released game. As I've mentioned numerous times, there is still a team working on this issue but unfortunately it's proving to be incredibly difficult to fix.

Would you prefer I say nothing at all? If I've got nothing to say then I'll at least tell you that, primarily because at least then you (and others) can still see the issue is being talked about and discussed, still on our minds. But I'm pretty sure if you got a wall of silence that wouldn't go down well at all, which is evident when I'm away from the forums for any length of time.

We have never banned a player just because they've complained, and likely never will.

Its not in every thread though is it.  You warned me, and I stopped.  It has been in the GAS freezing thread.  The tread for all comments about this issue. 

So how can it be trolling if I continue to complain in the correct thread? 

You say its being repaired,  but I dont see any patch.  All I see is STILL a broken game. 
And you saying nothing to report.  Makes me think there is nothing to report because either you cant be bothered anymore, or you have no idea what the problem is.   You say its a memory issue, I just dont buy that.  The only memory issue, is the testing team forgot to test. 

GTA5 must use more memory, and they are adding stuff into that for free. 

The problem here is, like you said " the bulk of the team will work on the new project"

WHY??? 

You have NOT finished this one! 

The bulk of the team needs to stop working on new projects.   Start working on FIXING the current games.  

The New projects are not out now are they?  So they can be delayed untill they are ready.  :Look at Project Cars - Delayed AGAIN,  untill March 2015.  May even get delayed again. 
Unless of course you guys STILL haven't learnt from the previous few games, have you?

As for the number of abuse and spam reports next to my name,  go and read every single one, and tell me how many of them actually contain abuse or spam.  Its probably less than a 1/3.  As for actual abuse,  I doubt there are any that contain actual verbal abuse,  I learnt that lesson from the old forum.   You wont find any @V8R3L3NTL3SS style swearing outbursts from me on this forum.  

People click on those things just because they dont like me.   Just like a couple of people do to @SASBlink on EVERY post he makes. 
So im not sure what your getting at telling me about them.   Maybe I should go back a few months and start click on Abuse and Spam on the people I dont care for much.  Then you can mention it to them? 

Codemasters have 2 current game out now, that dont work.  Autosport and F1 2014.  

toybox turbos has just been released.  LOL

I think its time, you stop flooding the market with half made games,  Get your studios to merge into one, and make one game at a time.    
Can you not see the JOKE the name Codemasters is becoming?

People click on those things just because they dont like me.   Just like a couple of people do to @SASBlink on EVERY post he makes. 
So im not sure what your getting at telling me about them.   Maybe I should go back a few months and start click on Abuse and Spam on the people I dont care for much.  Then you can mention it to them? 

@loore,
 I think its highly unfair that you call him a troll because of the "spam and abuse" situation, like he said, most of them are from people who don't like him and the reports are mostly unjustified. I say mostly because to be honest not all are unjustified.  ;)

I know first hand as they did it to me for a while on nearly every post in every thread just because we had a different view on a few matters in the past. They more or less stopped doing this to me recently though. Again I say nearly all posts because you know, I like to annoy people who try to troll me and some report tags are completely justifiable. ;)

Anyways, the fact you have mentioned it and accused him of it in a public forum for all to see is simply wrong in my opinion.....  it just shows that you have walked straight into the hands of the ones who constantly try to troll him and get a reaction from him. They have been looking for a reaction and well.....yeah, you just gave them a big one! :( 

Also isn't naming and shaming in threads against your own rules?

I'm pretty sure someone will mark this as spam or off topic if i dont mention something directly about the title of thread.
Please hurry up with the patch, dont prod them, Give them the "glare of immediate pain".....
i wanna play the game lol

:stuck_out_tongue: 

Edit, the fact that diesil just marked me for spam proves what me and Rta are saying is true.

Seeing as my name has been specifically mentioned I'll chip in again with my two penneth.
Flag me as Off Topic or Disagree, Report me as Spam, I don't care a monkey's.
@Loore - The situation is this:
On June 24th I bought a game from your employers with the sole intention of racing online.
It is now November 19th (count the days - weekends excepted obviously) and I still cannot do that to a level of satisfaction that anyone except the most tolerant fan club member would deem acceptable.
If you had sold me a car, a microwave, a radio, a TV, or a bicycle, and it didnt do the job it claimed to do I could have walked back in to that shop and been renumerated. All would be forgotten and forgiven, I'd have got a suitable replacement or refund, and moved on. There is also a good chance that in a couple of years I would still buy your products. Put it down to experience if you will. However I wouldn't wait 5 months for a repair that the manufacturer freely admits does not know when it's coming.
However, with software, you, I, and your employers know full well that as a consumer I do not have that level of protection or entitlement.
I'm stuck with your faulty product until (if) you repair it and there isn't a thing I can do about it apart from get very angry, frustrated, vow never ever to cross your palms with silver ever again, and trade it in at a frankly offensive price for some other unsuspecting poor soul to purchase.

Sorry if the tone of my response appears to be inflamatory or "trolling", but surely you can see why your customers are very very unhappy with this product?

Loore said:

Codemasters don't like being trolled.

Well....guess what.......NEITHER DO I!!!

Is the game going to be fixed or are you gonna troll us for another 2 months? 

Update:

The patch is still going through our internal QA process. As you can imagine, it's something we absolutely want to ensure is fixed before we release any patch. As soon as we're confident that it's fixed we'll be submitting it to Microsoft. Early signs through QA are positive, but we just want to give it some more testing before we send it for release.

I'm hoping I'll have more info for you soon, and as soon as I do - I'll let you know.

fanticUA said:
Loore, tested only freeze ?
How about this & this ?
It's too address the freeze issue only. If we start adding extra fixes in at this time then that complicates the whole testing process and we would also run the risk of adding to the problem, instead of fixing it. Our primary focus right now is getting the freezing issue fixed.

Loore said:
We've currently got a patch going through QA that aims to fix this, and providing all goes well we'll be looking to submit it to Microsoft as soon as possible!
Flashback to October 24th. I'm assuming these were the early postive signs from QA Loore referred to 4 weeks ago.

Loore said:

I am not blame you Loore.  Unfortunately you are the messenger sent by the king to deliver it.  And you have to take the arrows or get your head cut off.  It's a tough job.  But I will never get personal.  However the tech guys are another story. j/k. 

kimdurose said:
Loore said:
We've currently got a patch going through QA that aims to fix this, and providing all goes well we'll be looking to submit it to Microsoft as soon as possible!
Flashback to October 24th. I'm assuming these were the early postive signs from QA Loore referred to 4 weeks ago.
It's a different patch, we thought we had it fixed but sadly not.

Took me 3 attempts to do 1 race tonight, waited for race to end twice only for it to freeze up on my turn to race, had race then freezed up on next race. :(

Not all doom and gloom. Had about 5 races without issue before that so its a improvement, :)