Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

Hmmm.. so I guess we're still about a month out, from getting this fixed. Maybe with Racenet clubs being deleted there will be less freezing. 

Seems to me that CM need to make this game appealing again. It is dead online on xbox 360 :(
Hmmmmm How about giving away ALL the DLC for free?  And have a "Bin" the developer night. 

Once the game has been fixed that is. 

@Loore???? 

:smile: 

@Loore "about a week" for it to be submitted or for xbox to approve? I was under the impression you were about to submit it to xbox yesterday from your earlier message.

Hmmm.. so I guess we're still about a month out, from getting this fixed. Maybe with Racenet clubs being deleted there will be less freezing. 
Nix that, idea!!! froze two times in 30 mins. That's why Xbox is dead. No one can run a custom cup race without freezing there is absolutely no confidence in this game and no continuity so why try and play when you're freezing up every 3-6 races. 

Loore said:
The patch has been submitted to Microsoft :)
Thank the team. I hope we can get some of the drivers back that we lost to this fiasco. Last night there were only 2 Online custom cup races (6 players total ) at 9pm EST. I've had several friends stop playing and sell their games. 

Loore said:
27th November - Xbox 360

Community Gift – In addition to the included fix,  we will gift an additional 500,000 credits to players when this patch is applied. The gift is described below -

Gift functionality :

We will be offering this to all players when patch 4 is initially applied. This caters for both old saves from patch 3 being upgraded to patch 4. As well as fresh saves created under patch 4 (fresh saves will receive 1,000,000).

That way we cover all the players that have had issues as well as helping any news ones get started in the game.

This will naturally prevent abuse as a save game can only be upgraded to a particular patch once.

Online stability fix – With the aid of our online community we have resolved issues which caused online sessions to intermittently freeze and occasionally crash as the sessions progressed past 20-30 races. The fix specifically fixes memory leaks which caused the issue as well as minor adjustments to the usage of system RAM to further bolster stability in all situations.

Note: This patch is currently in submission with Microsoft. All going well, the release will follow shortly.

Post edited by Loore on November 27
@Loore So this $500,000 is what exactly?    Codemasters way of saying sorry?  Some kind of compensation for 2 months of un-playability?  

Poor show!! 

I want ALL DLC for free, and CM's first xbox one title for FREE!!!    
CM ripped me off in Grid 2 over the DLC, you clearly state that it would be different in GAS, yet its exactly the same. 

CM have ripped me off with GAS, as again DLC doesnt work online in the playlists......TOURING CAR LEGENDS
And the game has not been playable for more than a few weeks since release.   

You think $500,000 in game dollars means diddily squat to me? $64,000,000 in the bank!!!  Im further insulted by this pathetic attempt to win over your unhappy customers.
Weekly racenet results can easily net players 500,000. 

CM want us to risk spending real cash again on their next attempt.......Im sorry,  im gonna need a little more than in game cash.  

If CM were to give away all the DLC for free to the affected platforms (PC, and Xbox) then CM would be losing money, but this would send a message to CM customers that CM really are sorry, and it would prove it, by CM preferring to lose a small amount of money (lets face it, not many people left to buy the DLC anyway) and possibly mend a few broken bridges along the way.  Maybe, just maybe have some customers left to buy CM's future titles. 
It would also bring some players back to the game, and solve the issue of friends not being able to join each other because of DLC restrictions. 

But hey, what do I know,  Im not a paying customer, im just a troll!

I will be leaving my wallet safely under my broken bridge when it comes to the release date of your future games. 

Great to hear the patch is on its way to Microsoft though......better late than never I suppose,  but still totally unacceptable.  

Thankyou for the update anyway.  I guess im stuck with GAS untill March 2015, fingers crossed.  :smile: 

Great news the patch is on it's way :)

I appreciate the gesture of the extra 500K.... personally I don't need it but I'm sure it will help new players.  However, I don't think it's going to entice back the people who have left the game because of the freezing.  Free DLC might help but I guess the chances are small? 

As PC player who could enjoy the game for a whole time, i agree that ppl who were able to play it only for a small amount of time, should be given much more.
Looking at decreasing amount of ppl playing the game on steam, i guess its high time for Codies to start improving their PR at all fronts.

RTAnoskills said: 

If CM were to give away all the DLC for free to the affected platforms (PC, and Xbox) then CM would be losing money, but this would send a message to CM customers that CM really are sorry, and it would prove it, by CM preferring to lose a small amount of money (lets face it, not many people left to buy the DLC anyway) and possibly mend a few broken bridges along the way.  Maybe, just maybe have some customers left to buy CM's future titles. 
It would also bring some players back to the game, and solve the issue of friends not being able to join each other because of DLC restrictions. 

@Loore When can we expect to see that CM are sorry for this entire fiasco?  
When will CM be releasing all the DLC for FREE?  

In needs to be Sooner rather than later if you want customers on your next game.  
F1 2014  33% off on the dashboard.....How long has that been out?  33% off already????  On the dashboard???? Is there something wrong with it? 

STEP IT UP CODEMASTERS!

Hey, it's Black Friday.
If this was yesterday you'd only be getting 250,000 and there wouldnt be people fighting in the forums.
Or possibly not.

Sorry all, I've nothing to add regarding any potential free DLC. It is something that I've passed onto the team but as of now, don't have anything to add on that front.

@Loore thanks for the response,  but CM are going to have come up with something on that front, 

Unless they think their customers are a bunch of idiots........I guess time will tell. 

I admit, it doesn't seem very likely.  
But saying that, neither does me buying the next game. 

Loore said:
The patch has been submitted to Microsoft :)
I do not know whether to be glad or not ... I forgot how to hold the steering wheel in his hands :)
... but news good... wait

I see Ubisoft have apologized for the Assasins creed mess and offered DLC to compensate people..... Without being ranted at.....

You think $500,000 in game dollars means diddily squat to me? $64,000,000 in the bank!!!  Im further insulted by this pathetic attempt to win over your unhappy customers. 

How have you got so much in the bank if the game has been so bad? I have been playing since day one on PC and have about 8 mil, although I do have all my slots filled, did you take advantage of the 'glitch'!!

How have you got so much in the bank if the game has been so bad? I have been playing since day one on PC and have about 8 mil, although I do have all my slots filled, did you take advantage of the 'glitch'!!
Yes I sold several cars for 20+ million,  bought loads of cars, sold more cars.  The game made me offers I couldnt refuse.    

When repair bills were high,  it made perfect sense to sell my A class touring car when the game offers 22 million for it. 

Just to put it out there, apologies if it has I just couldn't be bothered to read a full thread but the freezing issue definitely has something to do with your racenet livery. I have just reapplied all of mine and I froze first race. I usually go between  10 and 20 races before I'm froze out. 

Good to hear the issues have been fixed. However I have this afternoon traded mine in at GAME and won't be returning to anything from CM in the foreseeable future.
Sorry to say it but your quality control, customer support and after sales communications are dire, and I'm glad as I'm sure you are too that I'm outta here.

Keep it shiny side up guys.

Adios.