Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

@XoxFlukeXox is correct you do not have a choice you either download a patch on Xbox or you cannot play. I wonder if this means that the patch was released in certain regions of the world and not in others? So yeah I could see how the MP could become a problem. 

Or if say someone was playing when the patch was released and was not prompted to restart the game and download the patch. I have personally experienced this scenario before on CoD or Battlefield games. I would get a noticw that I have to reboot & download the update. While oother people I was playing with did not get this message until hours or even days later.

@Loore ..

Also, ive asked about the missing new playlists a couple of times now but still no response.

What playlists aren't you seeing? The changes we've made should increase the opportunity for a number of other track / car combinations to make an appearance. You won't be seeing new playlists appears if that's what you mean?
@XoxFlukeXox is correct you do not have a choice you either download a patch on Xbox or you cannot play. I wonder if this means that the patch was released in certain regions of the world and not in others? So yeah I could see how the MP could become a problem. 

Or if say someone was playing when the patch was released and was not prompted to restart the game and download the patch. I have personally experienced this scenario before on CoD or Battlefield games. I would get a noticw that I have to reboot & download the update. While oother people I was playing with did not get this message until hours or even days later.
This :) Pushing out a patch isn't always instant and often it takes a while to make its way around the world.

Yeah it takes time, I remember with the last patch with time trail pack, I was one of the first to get it and try it out, I spoke to other people and they said they never had a patch and insisted that i was trolling lol :P

Loore said:
Those that were experiencing this, are you still doing so?

Well, just turned the game on, first race loading up and wait for it...... it freezes up....

So yeah, it still happening. *enter sad face here*

@loore.... Thx for getting back.  Re the playlists, i haven't seen any new car/track combos within touring car playlists, the combos all seem to be exactly the same as they were pre. patch. For example the classic mini still only offers brands hatch and autosport raceway.  I thought the  patch would create new car/track combos.  Am i barking up the wrong tree?  Apologies if this is the case.

Re the freezing, fostbittens post makes perfect sense.  I get what you meant now.  Sry having one of those days where my IQ is smaller than my shoe size lol.

@loore.... Thx for getting back.  Re the playlists, i haven't seen any new car/track combos within touring car playlists, the combos all seem to be exactly the same as they were pre. patch. For example the classic mini still only offers brands hatch and autosport raceway.  I thought the  patch would create new car/track combos.

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/07/grid-autosport-multiplayer-playlist-changes/

You said we would get

• increased number of potential routes across each of the five disciplines
  • Increased number of GP routes that appear
  • Ensured all locations feature prominently (See Red Bull Ring)

What this means is that when you play GRID Autosport online, the playlists will now offer a lot more variety, as the total number of route / discipline combinations has increased over 400%, with both forwards and reversed route variations included wherever possible.

The touring playlist has not changed at all. It is the same as it has always been. The total number of route/discipline combinations has increased by precisely 0%.

Im sick of driving a miglia on Brandshatch indy or autosport,  where is SPA in the miglia? 
Where is Cat A on brandshatch indy? 

Where is the complete random car/track assignments,  

Cat C touring car on a street track?  Any touring car on a street track.  

I play touring car 99.9% of the time,  I only know the touring car playlist tracks,  

WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE TRACKS???? 

Before anyone suggests custom cup to me, IM NOT INTERESTED.   
FIX THE PLAYLISTS.

Agreed the variety is getting a bit boring now, I liked it when the tracks came up and i did not know what cars we were going to use, now its just maybe 3 different tracks per catergory that get voted to race on and everyone knows instantly what cars are getting used by what tracks pop up.

I also would like to see more variety in the categories, I dont want to race the classic minis every 4 races, i seen it many times that the classic minis pop up 5x more than the super tourers. *sad face*

Touring is the most popular so i would like to see more track introduced to race on.

@loore.... Thx for getting back.  Re the playlists, i haven't seen any new car/track combos within touring car playlists, the combos all seem to be exactly the same as they were pre. patch. For example the classic mini still only offers brands hatch and autosport raceway.  I thought the  patch would create new car/track combos.  Am i barking up the wrong tree?  Apologies if this is the case.

Re the freezing, fostbittens post makes perfect sense.  I get what you meant now.  Sry having one of those days where my IQ is smaller than my shoe size lol. 

Check this out!

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/07/grid-autosport-multiplayer-playlist-changes/

where is SPA in the miglia? 
God, it'd take all day to get up the hill in one of them :)
The Miglia's racing at Sa Francisco would be funny too. Could somebody give me a push? Now that I think of it I gotta try it on Custom Cup just to see what happens.  :D

Maybe I am wrong here. But, wouldn't everyone in a room have to have downloaded the latest patch for the new track rotation update to work?

And maybe this is the cause for the game locking up on people. Because when a person is playing with the most up to date version of the game & another person is playing w/the older version of the game the new track rotation either will not work properly or just get confused and lock up or boot you out. So if not everyone across the globe has got the latest update, there is a great in-balance in Grid universe.

@SASBlink‌ and @Crumplezone‌... many thanks for the links.  I read it as them saying there will be more track and car combos which hasn't happened yet.

@Fostbitten.. I think you're spot on with your post above.  I guess I need to be patient and see what happens over the next couple of days.  Oh and yes, it would be fun to drive the mini round San Francisco.  Me and RTA tried it on Spa and it wasn't too bad going up eau rouge but if I remember correctly it took about 6 or 7mins to do two laps lol.

Loore said:
Those that were experiencing this, are you still doing so?
in server lobby & custom lobby, created any gamers & created me, even star on first track loading...
...game freeze very often... (Xbox 360)
Loore said:
What playlists aren't you seeing? The changes we've made should increase the opportunity for a number of other track / car combinations to make an appearance. You won't be seeing new playlists appears if that's what you mean?
no new play list, old tracks, old play list (CM server lobby), per 2 days no new tracks !

where is SPA in the miglia? 
God, it'd take all day to get up the hill in one of them :)
I know, lol,  but it should come up, its a possible combination, I dont wanna see it every night, several times a night, but every now and then it would be a laugh. 

Grid 1 didnt have this problem. 

Loore said:
This :) Pushing out a patch isn't always instant and often it takes a while to make its way around the world.
 Im sorry @Loore but your wrong here.  

Every single time ANY game on Xbox, PS, or PC, starts, it checks for an update. 

You should know that. 

http://youtu.be/v_gxH4y0A4I

If your in doubt to this FACT,  If I delete the update, HOW does it know an update is required? 

Steam checks for updates before it loads. 
Xbox does
Playstation must be the same.  

Ever since online gaming began, everybody had to be running the same version, or the game doesnt work.  

Loore said:
Ever since online gaming began, everybody had to be running the same version, or the game doesnt work.  
That's not 100% true, while it is in theory, there are chances that miss match versions can happen.

I've reported everyone's findings to the team, will let you know when I receive an update.

NONSENSE!  

When I was playing HalfLife on the PC years back,   I could not join the server if I wasnt running the same version.    If the server was on a newer version, an update was downloaded.  

NFS HP online - Another perfect example,  update 1.2 came out,   IF you were not running 1.2, then you could only play with people running 1.1.    Download 1.2 and you find a world of players. 

Sorry @Loore, you work for Code"Masters"  I dont.    Who knows more about computer games?   
Based on CM's last 2 Grid games........the answer is clearly not CM. 

Sorry, but this failed patch, has killed off your game.    Less than 1 month to go, and there is a AAA racing game being released.  

Honestly......why bother looking into this freezing......the patch to fix it wont be on for 2-3 months........How many people do you think are going to still be playing this. 

This game HAD so much potential,  but AS USUAL CodeMasters have LET US DOWN!

Change the company name to "Codies"  You guys dont deserve the "master" part of it.  

What a JOKE!

Oh  but its all good,  the PC version works just fine........doesn't it @loore. 

I think you should provide every console player, with a free gaming pc, and a free copy of Autosport.    

Anything less than that, and you throwing customers away with every crash/freeze up. 

That is normally true yes, but as I said, miss matches do happen, especially if for some reason a patch hasn't reached your part of the world yet. It's also up to the developers themselves on PC and while it's normally the case where you need the same version it's not a 100% guaranteed thing.

For those effected by freezing, if you could let me know the following that would be great:
  • Platform: (If different from 360)
  • Region:
  • Online or offline: "Does it effect offline play for you as well as online?)
  • Environment:
  • Vehicle:
  • Race type:
  • Number of players in session:
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen):
  • How long you've been playing before the crash: 

The team are currently investigating and this info will help us pinpoint the exact cause.

Loore said:
That is normally true yes, but as I said, miss matches do happen, especially if for some reason a patch hasn't reached your part of the world yet.
today in server lobby TC class was only europe gamers (10 peoples (5 France, 3 Italy, 1 Scotland, 1 Ukraine)), game freezes per 1.5 hours 3 times
  • Platform: Xbox 360
  • Region: MS Live Region Russia (live in Ukraine)
  • Online or offline: online (in offline 7 races, no problem)
  • Environment: Indy Oval, Bathhurst...
  • Vehicle: Mini, Holden Commodore Ute, Nissan GT-R R35, Pagani Huayra...
  • Race type: TC, street,
  • Number of players in session: 3 (+ bots), 7, 10...
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen): point loading tracks
  • How long you've been playing before the crash:  30 min, 1.5 hours, was 4 freeze per 2 hours
no problem with 2 patch, it's problem was with first & third patch

Loore said:
 Im sorry @Loore but your wrong here.  

Every single time ANY game on Xbox, PS, or PC, starts, it checks for an update. 
@Loore is still correct, MS and Sony at least generally roll out patches to the user base in phases over a day or two to avoid overloading the download servers. So just because your system checks every time, doesn't mean it's going to be told that the update is available even if other people already have it.

This is nothing unique to game patches, it's the same for Windows and OS X system updates, iOS and Android apps and system updates, etc. But of course, it also means it's essential to test whether the patched and unpatched versions will play nicely together in the wild BEFORE the patch is released.

Loore said:
  • Platform: 360
  • Region: Ireland
  • Online or offline: Online only
  • Environment: Hockenheim
  • Vehicle: Cat A Touring, forget which car
  • Race type: Touring Car
  • Number of players in session: 7, no AI
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen): the circuit layout, before getting to paddock menu
  • How long you've been playing before the crash: 1 previous online race

Loore said:

• Region:  UK
  • Online or offline: online
  • Environment:  Spa, indy, panarama
  • Vehicle: Touring cars
  • Race type: Race
  • Number of players in session: 12
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen): list of players, as its loading the race
  • How long you've been playing before the crash: 1 hour - ish

Loore said:
For those effected by freezing, if you could let me know the following that would be great:
  • Region: USA
  • Online or offline: Online (I have not had any problems in offline play)
  • Environment: #1 Hockenheim, #2 Yas Marina, #3 Circuit of The Americas
  • Vehicle: #1 Chevy Cruze Cat C TC, #2 Cat A TC Presteza, Holden Ute
  • Race type: #1,#2 & #3 Race in Online Playlist for Touring Cars
  • Number of players in session: #1 10 players, #2 12 players, #3 11 players
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen): #1 The grid order screen before the main racing screen. No sound had to manually restart Xbox by hand. #2 The Paddock screen,  there was a message saying I was disconnected. #3 same as #1 hand reset
  • How long you've been playing before the crash: #1 Played 4 races in Everything Playlist withno problems. Then switched to TC Online Playlist and it froze at the 1st race I tried in the TC Playlist.#2 After restarting Xbox and my 1st try to play again. #3 After 6 games in the same race lobby.
★All of these issues happened today in the past 2-3 hours.