Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

Damn another problem. Either gaming is getting tougher to code or codemasters is going downhill. Thank God for ps4 New racing titles being released.

now, class Formula, T1, 2 gamer in lobby (frend),  double game freeze simultaneously

may be problem with loading textures ? on previus patches this was not

Codies/ @Loore here is your awesome patchwork in progress. 

Pay attention to the loading icon in the bottom right corner.  When it stops, the xbox has frozen. 

http://youtu.be/ec8bvfUfuEA

• Platform: 360
  • Region: UK
  • Online or offline: Online
  • Environment: Okutama, Grand Circuit B
  • Vehicle: Classic Touring car, Sierra
  • Race type: Race
  • Number of players in session: 7
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen): The grid order screen where it says "Event 1 of 1" in the top left
  • How long you've been playing before the crash: approx 1 hour
Also, I've noticed that everytime the game freezes and I come back into an online lobby I have empty square brackets where my team tag should be, ie [] instead of [NSR] and I then have to go into "Racenet Club" from the online menu in order to re-establish my link to Racenet and get my team tag back.

Ppl are already fed up of this... some even more so than when we had the corrupt game save issue.  CM if you're going to take any longer than a week or so to fix this then there's no point... there'll be no one left to fix it for :(

WOW this just gets better and better!!!!

Frozen on me 3 times now and Ive not even done a race.   

Good job CodeNoobies

• Platform: 360
  • Region: UK
  • Online or offline: Online
  • Environment: Tourers and street
  • Vehicle: seems like it effects random cars
  • Race type: Race
  • Number of players in session: any
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen): Loading race screen, Event 1 out of 1.
  • How long you've been playing before the crash: approx  From 2 mins to anywhere to 2 hours. seems quite random.

I've had the game freeze twice today while in my garage checking cars out. That's on top of the 'normal' freezes on the race screens.
I'm on the verge of giving up with the game altogether TBH.

Sounds like driveclub is not fairing any better....

http://www.carthrottle.com/driveclub-launch-off-to-a-shaky-start/

Driveclub, had me interested,  

But then they made the tracks like forza horizon.  

Thats going to be one Dirty game. 

6 or 7 freezes on xbox tonight.  Have only noted the details of 2 of them.  First was Touring car, C class on Circuit Mont Tremblant, 12 ppl in the lobby, froze the "Event 1 of 1" screen.  Second was Touring car, B Class on Autosport raceway Infield Circuit, 10 ppl in the lobby, froze on the "Event 1 of 1" screen.

It's obvious the issue isn't because the patch is taking time to make it round the world.  I hope CM are going to get this sorted as a priority before they do any more damage to their reputation.  Unfortunately Grid Autosport and Codemasters are turning into a joke.... it's a shame :(

• Platform: Xbox 360
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen): game freeze in online garage when viewing cars (picture below)
  • How long you've been playing before the crash:  3-5 min

Umm, is it just me or is it kind of strange that there has not been a PS3 patch released? Makes me wonder why not? 

I don't mind, as I get to continue playing without any issues. Someone mentioned it's possible that Microsoft passed the patch, but Sony didn't. Don't know if that's the case, but it is strange, nonetheless. 

Yep, definitely patch related. Last night on the 360, GAS screen froze three times. Before patch, playing since Day One, I had only one freeze.

How can Codies put out 4 titles of F1 which has got to be 100 times harder to write code for with 21 - 23 AI, let alone, all the cool stuff like KERS, DRS, weather, pit stops, etc. It's is literally hard to believe it is the same company!
 Dammit Mun!

I hope CMs silence on this means they have found a solution that will be with us by the end of day?

CM if you're going to take weeks to fix this (as per the corrupt game save issue) then can you please be honest about it so people can decide whether they want to stay and put up with it or move on to game that works.  Thanks in advance.

I hope CMs silence on this means they have found a solution that will be with us by the end of day?

CM if you're going to take weeks to fix this (as per the corrupt game save issue) then can you please be honest about it so people can decide whether they want to stay and put up with it or move on to game that works.  Thanks in advance.
I've forwarded all the info in the thread to the team, will hopefully have an update for you as soon as possible.

@Loore‌ 

Thanks for the info.  Please don't take any of my "grumpiness" about this personally.  I love this game and just want to play it lol.

I really don't think it's to do with the patch having to make it's way to everyone.  I've had several instances where I've been disconnected and RTA hasn't and vice versa, we both have the patch so if there was someone in the lobby without the patch surely we would both have been frozen out?

@Loore‌ 

Thanks for the info.  Please don't take any of my "grumpiness" about this personally.  I love this game and just want to play it lol.

I really don't think it's to do with the patch having to make it's way to everyone.  I've had several instances where I've been disconnected and RTA hasn't and vice versa, we both have the patch so if there was someone in the lobby without the patch surely we would both have been frozen out?
It's clear it's not a patch making its way to everyone issue now, that was ruled out after the first 24hrs :)

The team are currently investigating and we are running tests ourselves. From the info provided Touring Cars is coming up a lot so we could have a potential lead there.

I'm on PS3 and played Racenet Challenges and Custom Races last night without any freeze. Is this luck or PS3 hasn't been affected by this issue?

I'm on PS3 and played Racenet Challenges and Custom Races last night without any freeze. Is this luck or PS3 hasn't been affected by this issue?
The xbox issue seems to be connected to the patch we got last week.  Sony haven't released it for PS3 as yet so you guys are OK atm :)

@Loore I don't like asking you this because I don't want to sound like a A-hole. But, is the "team" alsi aware of the track rotation part if the patch is not working as well? 

I have noticed though that it seems like there are less cars hopping around the track in MP now. So it does seem more stable in that aspect of the game. As well as disappearing or slowing cars, only to have them reappear further down the track.

It's not only freezing that is the issue although that has happened to me a couple of times. I've also had a message saying I've lost connection to the online sessions more often. More often than not, there are always a couple of players at least who get disconnected between the lobby and the race.

It's not only freezing that is the issue although that has happened to me a couple of times. I've also had a message saying I've lost connection to the online sessions more often. More often than not, there are always a couple of players at least who get disconnected between the lobby and the race.
Same here.

Loore said:
It's clear it's not a patch making its way to everyone issue now, that was ruled out after the first 24hrs :)

The team are currently investigating and we are running tests ourselves. From the info provided Touring Cars is coming up a lot so we could have a potential lead there.
It was clear that wasn't the issue in the 1st place.  

Touring car is coming up a lot......................................Maybe thats because thats the most popular type.  

Crappy programming, and NO testing.  

The drag pack will be here before you fix the game,  thats a big joke.  
Noobs!

@Loore I don't like asking you this because I don't want to sound like a A-hole. But, is the "team" alsi aware of the track rotation part if the patch is not working as well? 

I have noticed though that it seems like there are less cars hopping around the track in MP now. So it does seem more stable in that aspect of the game. As well as disappearing or slowing cars, only to have them reappear further down the track.
Track rotation didn't make it into this patch, their inclusion in the patch notes was an error. The change should be on PC in an upcoming patch, for consoles I'm afraid I don't have anything further update right now.