F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

It would be better to withdraw the last patch if you can. It was better before. At least we weren't losing 2 or 3 players each race to disconnections.

How difficult can it be to update the track rotation? It was a bit of a dodgy selection to start with in Touring. Too many reverse tracks, no Spa forwards and some tracks not featuring at all. Having announced with great fanfare it would be updated in July, it makes CM look (even more) ridiculous.

Been saying for years console owners get shafted by games prices, even after buying a box full of PC bits no one wanted four years before....

That just my opinion though :smiley: 

I not only get freezes (requiring a reset),
I get sudden and unexplained game shutdown and immediate relaunch in windowed mode.
Launching the game it suddenly jumps to windowed mode, hit ALT+ENTER full screen, switch to windowed, ALT+ENTER! Revert to windowed mode (re-launch required to stop this).

These are happening every time I play and usually 4 - 5 times every session...

Touring is also coming up a lot because that is the only active open lobby room any more. We used to be able to find lobbys in all classes when the game came out. Then the corrupt save issue... could then find street, touring and the ocassional open wheel. Now this issue, touring is usually full for a few races until everyone freezes then about half the people rejoin until we all freeze again until it finally kills the entire open lobby. Most of the fun of this game once you get your cars upgraded is chasing the point leaders in front. This glitch has pretty much killed that.

Loore said:
@Loore‌ 

Thanks for the info.  Please don't take any of my "grumpiness" about this personally.  I love this game and just want to play it lol.

I really don't think it's to do with the patch having to make it's way to everyone.  I've had several instances where I've been disconnected and RTA hasn't and vice versa, we both have the patch so if there was someone in the lobby without the patch surely we would both have been frozen out?
It's clear it's not a patch making its way to everyone issue now, that was ruled out after the first 24hrs :)

The team are currently investigating and we are running tests ourselves. From the info provided Touring Cars is coming up a lot so we could have a potential lead there.
@ Loore...my apologies, saying that  the freezing was definitely patch related. I  may have jumped to conclusions. Now that you mention Touring Cars coming up a lot. That was the ONLY discipline I played all night with the three freezes. (Racenet BTW)

Haven't had any freezes at all playing tonight. Lot less people playing it seems, though.

Still freezing on xbox :(  It's impossible to keep a full lobby going, people freeze up, get fed up and go and play something else.  Some ppl on my friends list have gone back to Grid 2 and some have gone out and bought Forza Horizon 2.  

Think it will be dead on xbox before the week is out :(

We believe it's a memory issue, currently we're trying to track down the exact cause of it. I'll bring you more updates as soon as I have them.

Thanks @Loore‌ 

Is there no way to remove the patch until such a time it's sorted?  This problem really is killing the game, even more so than the corrupt save issue.

PS3 had its update yesterday. No crashes so far and I noticed the rate your car damages after races has decreased. good stuff!!

PS3 had its update yesterday. No crashes so far and I noticed the rate your car damages after races has decreased. good stuff!!

Good things come to those who wait.

Also, it appears that upgrades finally work. My 787B was flying last night. Hopefully that's not the placebo effect again.

is the impact rating fixed also ? stop the rammers
I can confirm that Impact Racing has been fixed and is now set to default on Playlists. tests on PS3 last night

Loore said:
We believe it's a memory issue...
Memory... memory !?
Game freeze in garage, you read this ?
  • Exact point of crash (what was on screen): game freeze in online garage when viewing cars (picture below)
  • How long you've been playing before the crash:  3-5 min

...and some have gone out and bought Forza Horizon 2...
stupid and reckless (not logical)

TUSMBOX said:
Also, it appears that upgrades finally work. My 787B was flying last night. Hopefully that's not the placebo effect again.
In combination with tunnig options?? i´m exiceted to give it a try, and i hope that works too in Weekly Challenges.

Salute.

@fanticUA‌ 

"stupid and reckless (not logical)"

Why is it stupid and reckless for people to go out and get Forza Horizon 2?

People want to race, not spend half the night rebooting their console only for it to freeze again after 3 or 4 races.  As far as xbox is concerned, since  the game was released at the end of June we've had approx. 4 weeks of trouble free gaming. Ppl have little faith it's going to get fixed anytime soon if at all.  It's entirely logical that they move on to a game that works.

Is there any news on the rear view mirror patch for ps3 cm keep dodgeing my question and not giving a proper answer cm wake up

Is there any news on the rear view mirror patch for ps3 cm keep dodgeing my question and not giving a proper answer cm wake up
For the infinimillionth time, consoles are not getting a rear view mirror.

5 times tonight GAS  has stopped on me im gutted as I like racing on here. PLEASE @Codemasters get it fixed soon PLEASE. :) :D

Loore, now game freeze in... custom lobby, waiting when will race finished (about 5 min), freeze on screen track loading... Mont Tremblant South

Why is it...
because game s*** (not worth the money spent), first more better (not here, not this)
...better freeze GAS, than FH2...

Loore said:
We believe it's a memory issue, currently we're trying to track down the exact cause of it. I'll bring you more updates as soon as I have them.
Yes its a memory issue alright.....the "team" forgot to test it.