Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

@‌Loore 

Please read this......Get the TEAM to read this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-17-project-cars-delayed-until-march-2015-reports-suggest

You guys need to do this with your games.  
I may well buy the next CM game, If its release gets delayed, because its not finished, polished. 

just frozen on me again in Time trial.    

@Loore, Are us consolers getting a patch to fix this freeze issue? Or can you do something on the servers?   Does it have anything to do with losing my team initials after each freeze? 

I know you said its a memory issue, but I forgot what you said after that. :expressionless: 

Thanks to RTAnoskills for this video

Thats what is say, penalties
it doesn't make sense
You see in the video, no cut but use the curbs
I think that Codemasters do not know the difference between cutting a chicane and use the curbs
Thats is cut a chicane and here yes for penalties
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC7fNaaoTzI
But not if you use curbs or line !!!

You see that fuc.... ghost cars is not realy realistic and kill the race

If you cross the white line with all four wheels, the Xbox freezes. It's not a bug after all, it's a hard line penalty feature.

@Loore, is this fix coming in another patch or is this an internal fix? Ive noticed much less freezing the last couple days for myself. Only 1 or 2 times in 2-3 hrs. That being said I have noticed other drivers freezing multiple times in the same room. It may not have anything to do with it but I have quit adjusting my car settings between races. Just repair n race.

Ive had about 5 freezes during time trial, and racenet challenge. 

1 freeze upon joining a lobby for the 1st time, wait for the current race to finish, pick my car, and FREEZE. 

And I believe Im now on my 4th Freeze in playlists.  

Taking a break, for a coffee, smoke, and a ROFLMAO @ "the other thread"

CM - can you PLLLEEEeeaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fix the repair costs!!!  My mini miglia, is costing me $7,  $21, $,7 for repair???  The car is not worth that.....please fix this game braking bug. 

That was just my experience RTA... same last night. Played racenet challenge for 1/2 hr no problems, froze 1st lobby I joined right away. Played 1 1/2hrs  after that with no freeze. Saw many others freeze but I was just lucky I guess. Im in no way saying its fixed or even close, I was just asking Loore a question and sharing something that may help other racers. Not changing my car settings in lobby seems to cause less freezes for me... 

last two days freeze game after 5-7 races...
ideal moment... for offline races... wait so to speak...

upd
new record, 2 races and 1 wait...
no difference, play from disc or game installed on hdd

That was just my experience RTA... same last night. Played racenet challenge for 1/2 hr no problems, froze 1st lobby I joined right away. Played 1 1/2hrs  after that with no freeze. Saw many others freeze but I was just lucky I guess. Im in no way saying its fixed or even close, I was just asking Loore a question and sharing something that may help other racers. Not changing my car settings in lobby seems to cause less freezes for me... 
I know :smile: 

I too would like to know if the fix requires a patch or if they can do  some behind the scene work.  

Ill have to try the settings thing. 

Brilliant gamertag by the way, LOL  
I love both those films. 

I've not played the game in a while now, The last time i played it i said to myself  "I will give the game one last chance and depending on how soon the games crashes on me depends if i play it again", sounds reasonable, yes?

Freezes on first race -_-
I will not play again until a "proper" fix comes out! Sick of working around issues just to play the darn game.

Thanks.. I kinda look like Clyde so it fits. :) played earlier today, same deal. Froze 1st race when joining the open lobby after 4-5 racenet races... played for about an hour, was gonna watch some football so I just started changing car settings to see what happened. Froze 2 races later... 

I hope the freezing issue gets fixed ASAP. We had to restart our touring car league race THREE times due to players freezing

I've never gotten a penalty unless all 4 wheels are beyond the white lines, try learning to position the car better......
Try Algarve, just drive onto the kerbs on your corner exit, and see if you get a penalty.  
Some points, you can get a penalty for touching the kerb, not having all 4 wheels off the track.  

Sepang, has a hairpin, and a sharp left turn, on the sharp left turn there is a pole, and if you stay to the right of the pole,maybe clip the pole you only have 2 wheels on the kerb, and it corner cuts you, everytime. 

There are many others, 

Telling someone to position themselves better isnt actually the answer in 100%of penalties.

CM should follow the system used by Forza, and just mark the lap a dirty if all 4 wheels leave the track. Not cut your speed down, for 10 secs, for a 0.1s infringement of track edges.   

If someone does an @fanticUA cheater style, and cut every piece of track, they should have the lap marked as dirty, and their speed reduced.  I believe in Forza, if you go so deep into the grass, then you end up on sticky grass.  So a massive cut of half the track isnt possible at any speed that would do you any favours in any situation. 

5:30  I get a penalty for avoiding a collision.  I even let off the throttle.  Race ruined. 
http://youtu.be/qnfLULvPUVg    

I only watched up to the penalty. Thats all I needed to see.

You extended the track 3 times in the first sector, 5 times in the first lap and you complain about the legitimate penalty you did get?

As for the caption on the screen........How did you gain time?

Well if you'd gave slowed down to stay within the track limits you would have lost time wouldn't you? But you didn't, you kept in the throttle and extended (The 7th extension in only 1 lap and 4 turns I may add)

For someone so vocal about driving standards....Yours are low.

However, on a positive. Your racecraft is excellent.

I gotta agree there try staying within the white lines RTA then you won't get ANY penalties at all.

I gotta agree there try staying within the white lines RTA then you won't get ANY penalties at all.

I agree.  

That was not the my point though.   The reason I get a penalty is because I leave the track, yes.  
 But why do I leave the track?  

Am I deliberately just running wide to carry more speed?  Or,  Am I avoiding a collision?

I think its at 5min 30secs,  the guy in 1st spins, and I avoid him.  I let of the throttle quickly, but still get the penalty.  Just killed the flow of the race really. 

I understood that even if all 4 wheels leave the track, as long as nothing is gained, then there is no penalty.  This is not the case all the time. 

I was getting 1st place anyway, seeing as he spun out. 
Running off the track where I did, didnt speed me up.  Just avoided the crash. 
It just felt as though I was punished for being clean. 

TheHemps said:

I only watched up to the penalty. Thats all I needed to see.

You extended the track 3 times in the first sector, 5 times in the first lap and you complain about the legitimate penalty you did get?

As for the caption on the screen........How did you gain time?

Well if you'd gave slowed down to stay within the track limits you would have lost time wouldn't you? But you didn't, you kept in the throttle and extended (The 7th extension in only 1 lap and 4 turns I may add)  

For someone so vocal about driving standards....Yours are low.

However, on a positive. Your racecraft is excellent.
I would like to point out that I have steering damage from the start, as someone doesnt move.  

" But you didn't, you kept in the throttle and extended (The 7th extension in only 1 lap and 4 turns I may add) "

Im not sure which video you watched, but the 1st penalty i get, im off the throttle, losing time because im running wide. Due to another car re entering the track.   Im off the throttle trying to stay on the track, I leave the track by a tiny amount, for a tiny amount of time,  Nothing is gained.   

How you can say I kept the throttle on, when you can clearly hear the car is not accelerating, its not under any power at all, and its slowing down, I dont know.  lol

Ive never gained time on any game, by running wide and missing the apex by the entire track width.   

What about the 2nd penalty?  Do i deserve that? 

Froze 4 times tonight... guess ive just been lucky last couple days, never changed settings at all except for tc... 
Yeah I saw you get disconnected 2/3 times last night.  I got 4 disconnects too :(

@Loore.... a couple of people have asked whether this is something that can be fixed via your servers/racenet or whether it is something you will need to release a patch for?

just frozen on me again in Time trial.    

@Loore, Are us consolers getting a patch to fix this freeze issue? Or can you do something on the servers?   Does it have anything to do with losing my team initials after each freeze? 

I know you said its a memory issue, but I forgot what you said after that. :expressionless: 
The team are working on it, don't have any update as of right now. Will hopefully hear more soon.

Froze 4 times tonight... guess ive just been lucky last couple days, never changed settings at all except for tc... 
Yeah I saw you get disconnected 2/3 times last night.  I got 4 disconnects too :(

@Loore.... a couple of people have asked whether this is something that can be fixed via your servers/racenet or whether it is something you will need to release a patch for?
It'll likely need a patch to fix it.