Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

GAS Freezing

Loore said:
@Loore‌ 
Any news about the mirror? :)
Should arrive in an upcoming PC patch :)
Any news about the estimated date? :)
Not right now, will hopefully have more info soon.
What about the updated playlist for consoles? Surely this should be easy and trouble free to implement.
Currently we're unsure if this will make it to consoles, unfortunately it's down to memory limitations (we've literally pushed as far as we can go), so even minor changes are quite difficult. The change in the patch notes was placed there by mistake.

Oh dear. Not happy. I'm not an expert, but surely it's just two tiny items of data that are needed for each combo? Track and car type. Not exactly a massive increase in memory required to store and access those.

Two bits of disappointing news then....

1)  The xbox freezing issue requires a patch..... not holding my breath on it being released anytime soon.

2)  The updated playlist might not make it to consoles.... IMO that's code for xbox and PS won't be getting it.

I wish someone would make my day and point me to where it says PGR5 is going to be released next week.... we can all dream I guess lol.

2)  The updated playlist might not make it to consoles.... IMO that's code for xbox and PS won't be getting it.
Certainly disappointing, but to be fair, CM did say from day one that PC was going to be the lead platform for Grid Autosport, and up to now they've managed to keep the console features (though obviously not graphics) in line with the PC version anyway. That'll change if/when the virtual mirror patch ever arrives for PC, but other than that we haven't fared too badly, really.*

(* Modulo the regularly-introduced, massively game-breaking bugs.)

im getting rather bored of this freezing now had 4 freezes tonight and only had one race.

the numbers are dwindling hardly anyone plays and im afraid i may join them surely it be easy to reinstate the previous patch until you find the cure? so we can actually play the damn game we payed money for?
im not even going to bother with f1 2014 as i fear that game will be just the same 

I don't understand why people bother loading it up at all when they know it's going to freeze randomly shortly afterwards, and then just get annoyed when it does. It's a good game, but it's not good enough that I wouldn't rather just play something else until they fix it. 

I don't understand why people bother loading it up at all when they know it's going to freeze randomly shortly afterwards, and then just get annoyed when it does. It's a good game, but it's not good enough that I wouldn't rather just play something else until they fix it. 
To be fair myself and many others have paid over £50 for this game if you include the DLC.  As I've said before, us folks on xbox have had approx. 4/5 weeks of trouble free gaming with it. It's not too much to expect it to work like it says on the box.

Atm there aren't any other games I want to play... I bought this game with the intention of playing it until another half decent racer comes out.  Forza Horizon, F1 etc aren't my cup of tea.  I paid for this game and would like to play it.

To be fair myself and many others have paid over £50 for this game if you include the DLC.  As I've said before, us folks on xbox have had approx. 4/5 weeks of trouble free gaming with it. It's not too much to expect it to work like it says on the box.
I've paid full price for the game + DLC as well, and I agree it's not too much to expect. Regardless, we all know that right now it doesn't work and it won't work again until a patch is available, so it just seems bizarre that some folk are still coming on here all in a tizzy because it just crashed N times again, as if they didn't know it was going to do exactly that before they started.

so it just seems bizarre that some folk are still coming on here all in a tizzy because it just crashed N times again, as if they didn't know it was going to do exactly that before they started.
Of course we know its going to crash,   Usually on the guy nearest to 100 points in the lobby. 

I dont see anyone coming on here "all in a tizzy".....

Just many gamers, reporting the crash/lobby disconnection issue. 

Codemasters need constantly reminding about this issue, in every thread there is. Untill it has been fixed.  They are the ones with the MEMORY issue.  :smiley: 

So, at the moment, no thread is safe.  If anyone leaves any room for a smart, quick witted, funny comment about the xbox freezing,  @Kimdurose will be there. :smiley:   I will be agreeing. 

If anyone is getting fed up with reading about the game crashing,  If you could send me a full refund, in UK £,   I will be silent.    But untill then, im £50 down. 

no comments... game freeze on RaceNet Challenge, after 4 races, more precisely, at loading before fifth race

In the nearly 4 months since Grid AutoSport was released, the game has only been reliably playable for console customers for less than half that time (almost 7 weeks).

The game was released in late June 2014 with numerous significant issues, the most serious of which was the widespread game-breaking corrupt save data (a common problem in other prior CodeMasters games).

Consoles were not patched to fix Grid AutoSport's corrupt save data defect until 2 months after release, in late August.

Then in early October, an update/patch (?) caused the game to freeze repeatedly, and remains unresolved.

These are not minor issues that can be easily worked around. These are major defects that render the product unusable. The response time from CodeMasters in resolving problems for console customers has been substandard.

This is unacceptable. There should be a full worldwide recall issued for Grid AutoSport, along with full refunds for every customer. CodeMasters deserves to be made a public spectacle for this situation to serve as an example for the rest of the industry.

@Loore - This is an awful way to do business, and whatever short-term benefit CodeMasters sought by prematurely selling Grid AutoSport in such a defective state will be for naught since it has permanently & irreparably soiled the company's long-term reputation.

When customers buy games, they're not buying the mere hope that their purchase may eventually be fully & reliably functional at some unknown distant point in the future - they're buying something that should be fully & reliably usable at the time of purchase (and that should remain so for as long as the platform is viable).

Loore said:
I've reported this to the team, we're looking into it. More info as soon as I have it.
Great, and the fix for this fix will be in 2 months?????  Test the patch much? November is getting closer,  project cars and Xbox one are getting closer.  CM you may have shot yourselves in the feet. 

My patience has run thin on this CM debacle.  Sorry.  But when it constantly freezes with everyone in my group.  Literally a dozen or more times in the space of an hour, how does one even play this game?  Remove the paints, restart because someone froze out in Drag and on and on and on and on and on.  I'm sorry.  I live in Chgo, IL and am used to getting screwed by politicians regularly but this is pathetic.

Any news on patch update. I am sick of the freezing.

CM look at what you achieved on Grid 1 and now look at yourselves your going down hill rapidly but hey you don't care as long as you get your money your all fine.

1st time back on in 2 months and BANG freeze time.

On Tuesday it will be 3 weeks since the freezing issue started.... And given previous form (which I was prepared to forgive and forget) I'm not confident we're going to get a fix anytime soon.  If CM think this is acceptable then they are mistaken.... 

At the end of November I have a meeting with Trading Standards as part of my day-to-day work.  If it isn't fixed by then I will be having a conversation with them about this....  CM were happy to take my money and seem happy to leave me with a game that is unplayable online despite claims of online capabilities on the box.  It's nowhere near good enough.

Sorry @Loore‌.. I'm not having a go at you but the company you work for is ripping off customers.... It's not on.

I seriously recommend that some of the proceeds from GAS are ploughed into marketing training and customer service.
Leaving one man to support a very disgruntled consumer base is a tough gig for Loore and I for one don't envy the bloke one bit.

I suggest the upper management study the seven P's of marketing. Here's a few:

Price - we've paid top dollar (ironically on an old console) for an unfinished product.

People - the consumers. A lot of us aren't happy. Without customers you don't have a right to exist. Period.
Youve also hinted that your own people are now busy on new products. That's a rather brave admission seeing as they haven't yet completed this one. A question of resources?

Positioning - you got this spot on. Perfect blend of sim and arcade.

Product - Could potentially be the best racer on the 360. A nice legacy to take forward to next gen when we all inevitably move on also. You might want to think long about that one.

Physical evidence - read these forums and fix the issues raised. You need to fix them quicker also. Four months and still no working game is a very bad reflection on the efforts of your team. I'm not saying you aren't trying, though one could be forgiven for thinking you're not trying hard enough where are the progress reports? Three weeks on and your team still "thinks" it may be a memory issue?

also now Pcars is delayed, its 4 months more that i wont be on PS4 so now is the time to put all efforts into GAS so we can enjoy the best racing game on PS3/XBOX360 for 4-5 more months. they can keep gay club and the poo. not intetested in those games one bit.

also now Pcars is delayed, its 4 months more that i wont be on PS4 so now is the time to put all efforts into GAS so we can enjoy the best racing game on PS3/XBOX360 for 4-5 more months. they can keep gay club and the poo. not intetested in those games one bit.
LMFAO !!!!!!!!  AWESOME!!!! 

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

kimdurose said:
I seriously recommend that some of the proceeds from GAS are ploughed into marketing training and customer service.
Leaving one man to support a very disgruntled consumer base is a tough gig for Loore and I for one don't envy the bloke one bit.

I suggest the upper management study the seven P's of marketing. Here's a few:

Price - we've paid top dollar (ironically on an old console) for an unfinished product.

People - the consumers. A lot of us aren't happy. Without customers you don't have a right to exist. Period.
Youve also hinted that your own people are now busy on new products. That's a rather brave admission seeing as they haven't yet completed this one. A question of resources?

Positioning - you got this spot on. Perfect blend of sim and arcade.

Product - Could potentially be the best racer on the 360. A nice legacy to take forward to next gen when we all inevitably move on also. You might want to think long about that one.

Physical evidence - read these forums and fix the issues raised. You need to fix them quicker also. Four months and still no working game is a very bad reflection on the efforts of your team. I'm not saying you aren't trying, though one could be forgiven for thinking you're not trying hard enough where are the progress reports? Three weeks on and your team still "thinks" it may be a memory issue?
Great analysis.

Actually I've been there on the front line myself - it is rough trying to justify a companies products when they are not doing the job and customer base is going mad. The only consolation is that in 10 years time todays' front liners will be running the business*, and hopefully that will influence the decisions they make.

*if its still around that long.

How old did you say you were again ?

dirt3joe said:

How old did you say you were again ?
LOL and we are back to this stuff again..................