Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Which F1 season would you want to see remastered?

See title. Which F1 season would you want to play with current features and graphics, and why? No matter how long ago. 
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

sebasdenb said:
See title. Which F1 season would you want to play with current features and graphics? No matter how long ago.
sebasdenb said:
See title. Which F1 season would you want to play with current features and graphics? No matter how long ago. 
Nice thing! I want a remastered Version of 1994,  the first championship win of Michael Schumacher.

I wouldn't say no to any year between 1995 and 2009. I'd take 2007,2008 or 2009 mostly though as there was never a game for them. (Or at least a proper one for 2009).

2005/6 probably because I just have it imprinted in my head so much, watching all the GPs AND putting in over 4k hours in total on the game (was a student then). I liked the McLaren and MF1 look and when Honda were good and Toyota who I really miss in F1, their car was pretty good and looked great. And I liked all the drivers on the grid lol!

Otherwise 1999 would be pretty awesome, the Mika and David era wins!

2007 and 2008 since there is not an official game. But one I'd really like is the 1997 season, because my first F1 game was on this season, and I'd like to see the cars that I have grown with in all their HD glory

10 consecutive seasons from any area would be awesome. For just 1 season I would pick 1994. The first full season I watched.  And I never played a game of it. 1995 would also be cool. Have good memories from Formula 1 on Playstation that time. 

A complete F1 09 - 18 game with the usage of the newest handling model and game engine (i.e. EA's F1 99 - 02 Challenge) would be cool imho, especially as Codies made all these games in the first place the chances of this actually taking form shouldn't be considered impossible.

Other than that my fav F1 seasons would be:

76 / 77 / 78 / 84 / 90 / 91 / 92 / 93 / 94 / 95 / 96 / 98 / 99 / 00 / 02 / 04 / 05 / 07 / 08.
  • Agree 1

The 2007 season. One of the best seasons in the history of F1 if you ask me. Three drivers fighting for the championship till the last race, an epic battle between Ferrari and McLaren. This season has never been represented into a game and it would ve awesome to see. Plus, the cars were gorgeous back then <3

Raalte said:
10 consecutive seasons from any area would be awesome. For just 1 season I would pick 1994. The first full season I watched.  And I never played a game of it. 1995 would also be cool. Have good memories from Formula 1 on Playstation that time. 

Mentioned this before as a Anniversary of 10 years Codemasters. But if I have to choose, 2000 would be my choice.

Tough choice. The 1997 season was the first one I've played a videogame of (it was F1WGP for the mighty N64), but I'd really love to see also the 2008 one finally officially represented in a game: I was already celebrating like no tomorrow for Massa (sorry Hamilton fans) when I suddenly realized Lewis had made his way past Glock with like just two turns to go. One of the most intense moments I can recall as a fan, even if the end has been pretty bitter.

The season I remember enjoying the most was 2003, I think. Even though it's often referred to as part of the long dominance of Michael Schumacher, I remember it as a season where you never knew who was going to win, with six highly competitive cars at the top, every race being exciting.

There have been good and exciting seasons before and.. even a few after, but I don't remember any other season where it wasn't just the championship ranking, but every single race in itself that was very exciting on its own.

On 10/20/2017 at 9:05 PM, sdenbroeder said:

See title. Which F1 season would you want to play with current features and graphics, and why? No matter how long ago. 

Why has this not happened yet? I want a game from the 2000s remastered either championship edition 2005 or a whole new 2007 career mode game alongside the 202x game

Posted (edited)

It would be great if this could be done, maybe a season from each decade. But doubt they would ever get all the licences and rights to do it.

If I had to choose just one it would be 1991

Senna in a Mclaren

Mansell in a Williams

Prost in a Ferrari

Piquet and Schumacher in the Benetton

The season the Geoff Crammond F1GP game was based on and what a great game that was....

Edited by nige05uk
  • Agree 1

My first choice was the 2000 season, but I’m also very fond of the GrandPrix Legends period were there were no aids and driving just came down to the driver. Still play GP Legends occasionally. The game has been kept alive over the years.