Sign in to follow this  

@Hatta F1 2014 online

Is the online lag & other glitches like the sidepod glitch & the auto spin kerbs fixed for f1 2014. These glitches ruin league racing & the casual gamer's experience.

I asked steve this on twitter, he's not aware of auto spin kerbs, he says they don't exist, but we all know they are there, especially Bahrain.

the online infrastructure is the same shiitty p2p system which means if the host has a crappy unstable connection, your game will suffer because of it.   i agree running a league with this game is a nightmare

He did not said anything about the sidepod glitch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-5iWAB1DIs

I asked steve this on twitter, he's not aware of auto spin kerbs, he says they don't exist, but we all know they are there, especially Bahrain.

the online infrastructure is the same shiitty p2p system which means if the host has a crappy unstable connection, your game will suffer because of it.   i agree running a league with this game is a nightmare

He did not said anything about the sidepod glitch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-5iWAB1DIs

Glad I'm not the only one who has experienced that. Absolutely pathetic glitch that ruins the gameplay.

to be honest ive never experienced these so called "auto spin kerbs"? I love racing round Bahrain and have never had a problem, anyone got a video so I can see what these spinning kerbs are?

Agree with r4pp3r, there are no auto spin kerbs that Ive come across since 10 which was a no go for kerbs. You guys do realise that a kerb will unsettle the car right? Some vids would go a long way to help cm fix the problem tho if there is one with the kerbs which imo dont unsettle the car enough tbh. Btw not saying it doesnt exist just never come across one that unsettles the car enough I cant hold on to it and thats after several hundred hours.

Technically they are not auto-spin curbs but more like launch curbs. Bahrain is the worst. I believe its mostly caused by the front wing end plate hitting the curb which sends you flying off into 1 direction. I had the same issue in F1 2012, but there it was just limited to Hockenheim's first corner which send me into the far left barrier at 190 mph...

R4pp3r said:
to be honest ive never experienced these so called "auto spin kerbs"? I love racing round Bahrain and have never had a problem, anyone got a video so I can see what these spinning kerbs are?
Here you go. It's caused by too much rear wheel grip on ridged kerbs, so much so that it completely overrides the laws of physics sometimes:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BCFBNz3fX0
With the different power levels in F1 2014, it will certainly be different this time round, hopefully for the better and make places like Abu Dhabi a tolerable experience.

Looks more like that was caused by having two wheels right over the kerb and into the beige unknown:

Either way, if you're going to risk driving that much off the tarmac, you're taking a chance, just like the real thing.

Wtf! Ok that was weird the way it spun you out. I do think you took a huge amount of kurb tho as you were all 4 wheels off the track!! Im not sure about that corner irl (kurb) but there is simply no way you would launch you car over high kerbs like you did and get away with it irl so good that the game will punish ppl for going of track like that. I know drivers shorten the track as much as possible but when have you seen a  F1 car take a corner like that irl?

I think the answer is that its going to be "different", simple as that. Rear traction has been hugely revamped and the physics in that video above (which isn't me BTW) will be completely changed. As the "auto-spin kerb" oversteer is down to too much rear grip on one side (where normal oversteer is too little rear grip both sides) it will be totally different. 

I am genuinely looking forward to the new handling with slight trepidation as I want to stay competitive in my No Assists League. CM said a while back that they were looking next gen to hook into some of the data from the team simulators and to me it seems like they already have.

Just pray they've helped us out with connectivity (re-invite between quali-race) as this is and has always been the biggest online issue for leagues.

Still no answer from @Hatta‌. So it's looking that we'll have the same lag issues from 2013

@R4pp3 

You can't blame the curb for that.... On this Picture from your Video you can see you almost off the track with 3 Wheels, your of the throttle, if you hadn't accelerated you might have got away...

sorry... Can't upload any Pictures but you see it in position 0.09/0.10

Hitting the throttle with rear wheels on the curb and the rest off track is a definite spin out...just goes to show that the physics in this game aren't so bad after all.

LGS469 said:
Still no answer from @Hatta‌. So it's looking that we'll have the same lag issues from 2013
Of course not. There is nothing new here, so he won't comment at all.

The spin in that video looks as if it was caused by the right side tyres going completely over the kerbs and when they came back onto the kerbs the tyres hit the high end of the kerbs causing it to go airborne. 

I've only had problems with two different kerbs causing me to spin for no reason: the exit kerbs of Ascari in Monza and the exit kerbs from that one turn in sector two at Hungary. Everywhere else is fine, but those two exit kerbs are unexplainable. 

The spin in that video looks as if it was caused by the right side tyres going completely over the kerbs and when they came back onto the kerbs the tyres hit the high end of the kerbs causing it to go airborne. 

I've only had problems with two different kerbs causing me to spin for no reason: the exit kerbs of Ascari in Monza and the exit kerbs from that one turn in sector two at Hungary. Everywhere else is fine, but those two exit kerbs are unexplainable. 
Bahrain back straight exit?

Now I know why @Hatta‌ never responded to this thread & my PMs. The lag & the sidepod glitch still exits! Thankfully the autospin kerbs on tracks like Bahrain has been fixed :smiley: