Sign in to follow this  

Calling all programmers.

A month after 2014's release and after sales have dwindled to nothing, will CM allow access to it's five year-old code?  2015 is all new code from what I understand and the current code has more than paid for itself.  Will CM allow enterprising modders access to the code so that they may program the AI to go exceed the track limits during the first lap of any race?  As it is, the AI tries to follow too narrow a path in to the first few corners of the race, creating large gaps for the player to exploit.  I believe this is because the AI is restricted to stay within track limits, when a real driver would push and sometimes exceed those limits to avoid a collision.  If the AI's track limits were increased by 15% for one lap only and had the track limits re-instated for the rest of the race, I believe a vast improvement would be made.  I'm just asking for the chance to test this theory.

As somebody who’s been involved with open sourcing large legacy codebases as part of my job, I confidently predict there’s virtually no chance. Even if they wanted to, it generally takes months or years of work by many lawyers, and by developers who’d much rather be working on new stuff. And you still end up with some bits that you can’t release anyway, due to not being able to get permission from (or even track down) certain licence holders etc.

In that case, would CM put a quick patch out that increases track limits for AI on the first lap by 15%? Come on, it'll only take CM 5 mins and could drastically improve the game unitl 2015 comes out.

In that case, would CM put a quick patch out that increases track limits for AI on the first lap by 15%? Come on, it'll only take CM 5 mins and could drastically improve the game unitl 2015 comes out.
Again I doubt it because it would take longer than that  to set up even if they were to decide too do it as all patches are required to go through a testing phase before being allowed to be released to the public.