Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Russian Grand Prix @ Sochi

So what happens if the team tells a driver illegal information? Like who gets punished for that? Surely not the driver?

AMS97KRR said:
So what happens if the team tells a driver illegal information? Like who gets punished for that? Surely not the driver?
I believe so, time penalties etc.

mike96 said:
AMS97KRR said:
I believe so, time penalties etc.
That is the most stupid thing in F1 if that's the case. So Mercedes could sit there and tell Lewis tons if info to get him penalties so Rosberg wins? What can a driver do about? Makes no sense...

I don't think that'll ever happen. And the entire rule doesn't make sense, but you won't be able to uphold it if there are no consequences for the driver benefitting from that info. At the end of the day, Hamilton also has a team of engineers around him and only him who are fighting with the team serving Rosberg. If one of them screws up, Team Hamilton screws up. Who else would you punish then?

Hamilton basically ignoring Putin. Not sure if that is a good idea.

Scratch that, terrible idea, fix it Lewis before it's too late.

Jiggy said:
I don't think that'll ever happen. And the entire rule doesn't make sense, but you won't be able to uphold it if there are no consequences for the driver benefitting from that info. At the end of the day, Hamilton also has a team of engineers around him and only him who are fighting with the team serving Rosberg. If one of them screws up, Team Hamilton screws up. Who else would you punish then?
Fine the team, the driver has no control over a radio transmission

Jiggy said:
Hamilton basically ignoring Putin. Not sure if that is a good idea.

Scratch that, terrible idea, fix it Lewis before it's too late.
How exactly? He shook hands just like the other drivers...

From Mercedes celebrations you'd think that they've not known that they've had the WCC wrapped up since about May. 

Anyway Rosberg made a big error today, but has come up with a massive save. He needs to start taking points out of Hamilton though. He's gone beyond the 14 point boundary in deficits, which is the only gap he needs to worry about going in to the last race. 

I hope we get more races where the tyres don't degrade, it makes the sport really exciting.

@ Seb: Mate, I think it's really about high time for you to look for a nice Hamilton-avatar. I can't see Seb beating Dan anymore.

A meh race, not sure if it was the track, the tyres or the fuel that caused it. Nico once again proving he's cracking under pressure.

Hahahaha, DC biting his tongue on double points their :p

fIsince08 said:
A meh race, not sure if it was the track, the tyres or the fuel that caused it. Nico once again proving he's cracking under pressure.

Was Button's interview after the race on BBC "downbeat" ?

mike96 said:
fIsince08 said:

It was. He's been unhappy since Japan qualifying. Maybe been told he won't be driving for McLaren next season?

mike96 said:
fIsince08 said:

It was. He's been unhappy since Japan qualifying. Maybe been told he won't be driving for McLaren next season?
Likely.

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
fIsince08 said:

Likely.
That'd suck :( 82 points for Button, 39 for KMag, I know who I'd choose.

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
fIsince08 said:

Likely.
I read that Boullier said there are no news on Button's future though..

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
mike96 said:
fIsince08 said:

Likely.
I read that Boullier said there are no news on Button's future though..
He did, but people lie...