Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Rebalance to Medium TC

Recommended Posts

I don’t mind the fact that TC medium was nerfed but it wasn’t nerfed correctly. For some reason instead of actually working like there’s some sort of traction, the wheels spin up insanely quickly for a split second then grip up. I know it’s not due to how hard your press the accelerator but it just wasn’t nerfed correctly because now tyre wear is through the roof on some tracks like Bahrain and Russia. I don’t mind that it’s slower to just needs to be altered slightly so it works as medium TC not some weird hybrid of full TC with wheelspin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Think tyre wear is very high on Bahrain anyway.. but doesn’t make sense on russia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JR6492 said:
Think tyre wear is very high on Bahrain anyway.. but doesn’t make sense on russia
Prepatch SS-M was possible. Post patch you can forget it. Russia is a two stop nearly if you want to avoid using the S. I don’t mind TC medium is nerfed but you can’t double whammy the users by giving them insane tyre wear and ruining leagues.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To be fair, I use medium TC and while tyre wear is harsh around Bahrain (as it was anyway), I'm fine around Russia. Can even make the tyres last longer than "High Tyre Management" suggests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The MTC nerf (patch 1.9) has made the game worse to play in so many ways for assist users, that the game is in a worse state now than when it was released. 

The game still has bugs and more seem to be appearing everyday but are codies listening? There laughing there backsides off because the F1 fans have been fleeced again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingmjj said:
JR6492 said:
Think tyre wear is very high on Bahrain anyway.. but doesn’t make sense on russia
Prepatch SS-M was possible. Post patch you can forget it. Russia is a two stop nearly if you want to avoid using the S. I don’t mind TC medium is nerfed but you can’t double whammy the users by giving them insane tyre wear and ruining leagues.  
You may be using a set up that’s very harsh on tyre wear. I’ve never had any issue around Russia can do an US-SS strategy pretty comfortably. I use no assists but can do the one stop on Bahrain although I’m on the limit by the end of the race my mediums usually end up 75-80% by end of race, so I think what you’re experiencing there is pretty normal.

Driving style also plays apart in tyre wear using lean revs and short shifting helps with tyre wear as it reduces wheel spin. Reducing differential can help with that also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ruining leagues? if you turn off the assists then there isn't an issue. That or if everyone is with assists.
And there’s the guy I was waiting for “just turn off assists” not all of us a blessed for time like you buddy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JR6492 said:
kingmjj said:
JR6492 said:
Think tyre wear is very high on Bahrain anyway.. but doesn’t make sense on russia
Prepatch SS-M was possible. Post patch you can forget it. Russia is a two stop nearly if you want to avoid using the S. I don’t mind TC medium is nerfed but you can’t double whammy the users by giving them insane tyre wear and ruining leagues.  
You may be using a set up that’s very harsh on tyre wear. I’ve never had any issue around Russia can do an US-SS strategy pretty comfortably. I use no assists but can do the one stop on Bahrain although I’m on the limit by the end of the race my mediums usually end up 75-80% by end of race, so I think what you’re experiencing there is pretty normal.

Driving style also plays apart in tyre wear using lean revs and short shifting helps with tyre wear as it reduces wheel spin. Reducing differential can help with that also
I’ve changed my setup nurmeous times. You’re not struggling because all of your assists are off. Medium Tc eats tyres for breakfast now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingmjj said:
ruining leagues? if you turn off the assists then there isn't an issue. That or if everyone is with assists.
And there’s the guy I was waiting for “just turn off assists” not all of us a blessed for time like you buddy 
It's not a time thing, it's a skill thing. Throttle modulation + smooth steering inputs and you'll be fine, just try it out. I can help you if you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I got used to it pretty quickly. Just turn TC off, you'll enjoy it more once you become accustomed to it. If I can do it, anyone can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×