Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

!!BUG!! AI does not show it's full potential in every qualy session

Career Mode/Single Player/Renault/50% race/full qualy/100 AI difficulty
Hi there,
I'm playing F1 2017 Career Mode on PC with Renault and I am currently in season 2, with 100 AI difficulty When heading into qualifying I can notice quite often that the AI, especially my team mate (HULKENBERG), is not able to set fast lap times in every quali session. For example today I made the qualifying for the Hungary GP, all sessions where dry, and in Q1 HULK set a 1:20.0, in Q2 he wasn't even able to get under 1:21 (he drove two fast laps and none of them was under 1:21), so he set a 1:21.2. Another example, my rival Perez was able to drive a 1:19.7 in Q2 but in the most important third qualy session he was only able to drive a 1:19.9. What I recognized is that the AI in general drives faster lap times in Q1 and Q2 than in Q3. In Q3 they all drive out at the same time, with only ~30 metres between each other. And when there is a Force India in front of a Ferrari the Ferrari is not able to drive a fast lap time. This causes lap times from the front runners that are sometimes 1 second slower than their fastest lap time in Q2 or even Q1. So you have to fix that issue, the AI needs free space in their hotlaps. Additionally they need to be more consitent in qualy, especially the team mate, he would have qualified in front of me with his time in Q1... but with that week lap in Q2 he only managed to qualify 12th on the grid, with me starting on P7!

Surely inconsistency is actually realistic?

They aren't robots.

Just because one driver sets a fast time in Q2 doesn't automatically mean he can better it later on...that's how F1 works in reality.

They could hit traffic, outbrake themselves, run wide, time their exit wrong and run out of time, and any other number of variables that can help make or break a good qualifying session.

I don't intend to sound patronising, and I'm sure you have thought of all this anyway?

I just think they shouldn't always be able to better their times as a given, nor automatically qualifying justt because of their name or the car they are in.

Drivers like Riccardo or Kimi can be as high up the grid as first or second on a good day and as low as fifth or sixth (sometimes lower) if they are struggling.

They have off days sometimes.

If the game can reflect that it is a positive.

Yes but Hulkenberg was able to set a very fast time in Q1 and in Q2 he was more than one second slower in both of his runs, and this is something I can recognize quite often. He is always weeker in Q2 and that's why I am always in front of him in qualy.