Sign in to follow this  

G:AS not working properly... once again

*sigh* Just done a three hour session on Grid, and the game crashed on me eight times when either loading or selecting cars.

I guess we'll have to wait for another patch. I just hope that offline still works since the patch. Otherwise this game is going back onto my shelf, collecting dust... again.

*goes off to play Wreckfest*

Quote from loore from different thread.

"Those that were experiencing this, are you still doing so?

We believe it may be because of a miss match between versions. Players who have patched are potentially playing with those that haven't. If this is the case we'd expect it to resolve by itself over the next few hours"

sorry but @loore that is not the reason. 

The reason is  -  Yet again Code"Masters" have screwed up the Master part of coding.

Good job CM.  

Im going to need atleast 10 reasons why I should buy the next CM game. 

Anyone else given up hope yet? I'm miffed because on Monday I recommended to friends to buy GAS so we could race online, moving on from Forza 4. Now the online play constantly freezes and I'm left looking like a prat. I've never known such a farcical chain of broken "fixes" in a software product. I feel like I've been conned into a very expensive beta trial and its most likely going to leave a very bitter and enduring taste. Codemasturs, this is not good form. 

kimdurose said:
Anyone else given up hope yet? I'm miffed because on Monday I recommended to friends to buy GAS so we could race online, moving on from Forza 4. Now the online play constantly freezes and I'm left looking like a prat. I've never known such a farcical chain of broken "fixes" in a software product. I feel like I've been conned into a very expensive beta trial and its most likely going to leave a very bitter and enduring taste. Codemasturs, this is not good form. 
My hope that this game will actually be playable sometime soon is wearing very thin.   First the corrupt game save debacle, now this.   I have a feeling this won't be fixed anytime soon if at all.

@Loore.... can you please give us an update on the freezing issue.  Most people aren't buying the "it takes time for the patch to get round the world" theory.  

Is there anyway the patch can be removed before this problem completely destroys the xbox 360 online community?

I have no confidence in their ability to sort this. Sadly, I doubt I'll still be playing it when they get around to proving me wrong.
On a positive note, you'll all soon be able to buy the Drag pack.
Been pretty much an uphill drag since June 24th.

@Fluke... couldnt agree more!
@Anyone at codemasters that can fix this... xbox rooms are dying, only open lobby that has players is touring. I am a complete fan of this game and even I am getting extremely frustrated, i would rather race all night with a false ! Color Than get locked up 5-6 times in a few hours. Dump this patch!!

kimdurose said:

If they're moving over from Forza 4, then they should be used to freezes if they play online, heh. Every time I go online there, my session usually finishes with a crashed lobby. Here's hopinh CM don't give up as easily as Turn10 does with their glitches...

Never had any issues with Forza 4 apart from custom paint jobs going corrupt. Forza 4 still has a very active online race community.