Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

BUG Tires Qualyifing and Race! F1 2014 PS3

HI,

i have the game F1 2014 on PS3 and i see that if we run a qualifing on supersoft tire and you are in pole position you can also change this before the race to the "medium" tyre.

BR
Roman
www.keep-racing-league.com

This year in real life F1, if you go to Q3 you get an extra set of option tyres only for that session. You then have to start the race on the tyre you set fastest time in Q2 with.

From the rulebook: "Furthermore, one set of ‘option’ tyres may only be used during Q3, by those cars that qualified for Q3, and must be returned to the tyre supplier before the start of the race. One set of ‘option’ tyres, which were allocated to cars which did not qualify for Q3, may only be used during the race. At the start of the race the cars that took part in Q3 must be fitted with the tyres the driver used to set his fastest Q2 time."

If you drove full qualy (Q1, Q2 and Q3) and drove your fastest time in Q2 on prime tyre then the game is working correct. If you can freely choose after full qualy it is a bug. If you do short qualy or one shot qualy I don't know if F1 2014 uses the tyre regulations at all.

sorry i know he rules 
and i am CM F1 Racer since ever...

You create a online Session you drive with the supersoft tire your polelap!  And then you can choose the medium for the RACE start. And this is definitly a bug and nothing other...

And in Online Session no Q1,Q2,Q3 is available only one Qualyi for all

If it was a 3 or a 5 lap race online, then they don't make you start on the set you qualified on, you get to start on a fresh set. For distances 25% or above on the F1 2013 game, you were locked into the tyre you set your fastest lap on, provided you qualified in the top 10. 

League racing often starts a couple of weeks after the game is introduced, hopefully this is not a bug in the F1 2014 game, otherwise there could be a lot of backlash from some infuriated people! What distance was it? and test 50% distance to see if you get the same results. 

but it was also on 25% online Race...

@hatta thanks please also think about really "beta" tester for F1 2015 on PS4 it is easy to setup an NDA and make the outcome and quality much better for major issues....

I also noticed when I start a online race after qualy  ,that sudenly my tyre has  no grip anymore after 1 lap ,Its like im driving on Ice ,and sudenly I'm 2 sec slower on the same track then the race before where my grip was better.

Can somone confirm , and yes my tyres where full green and tyres where 100% fresh :)

Well really it's all about what the second post said. Seeing as there is no q2 in online mode, it won't lock you into that set of tyres from that session. So it isn't really a bug, unless it happens in offline mode with full qualifying 

Same problem in 50% online race. Qualifying in top 10 but still get the choice of changing to fresh tyres for for the race. 

@Hatta‌ this needs to be patched early as its a must have for league racing. 

Nah don't change it.  It's the same for everyone anyway. since there is no fuel strategy and gear box to think about at least we can still ponder on which tire.