Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.10 Discussion thread

Definitely agree captainaust... 3 months down the line, and it's still broke.. Unexcepatble.. I mean, it's like who would pay for something, e.g. A tv..and then wait 3 months to actually have it working... Its bloody joke..
I love the f1 games, but Iam at my wits end now this this, cause we can't even league race because of it, it should never have been released unti it was playable, don't mind a few hiccups and a few patches to sort some stuff out, but to wait 3 MONTHS for it not even to be fixed is God dam Unexcepatble...

wow you lot are harsh... just state the issues clearly so we can try and get fixes. Yes its annoying. But i doubt any of that attitude in here makes codemasters fix it any quicker. :)

coach83 said:
wow you lot are harsh... just state the issues clearly so we can try and get fixes. Yes its annoying. But i doubt any of that attitude in here makes codemasters fix it any quicker. :)
Guys complaining on here about assists, 31 Aug was the first thread! Codies nerfed MTC  within a few weeks. These issues have been ongoing since release, with threads being closed on the team mate problems saying it’s being looked into.? 

Not surprising that guys are feeling pi$$ed, me included. 

They need to be honest and say the patch’s are making the game worse and there’s no fix for the team mate bug....

That's what kids do. I couldn't play patch 1.10 yet, but I'm almost sure, I'll be totally fine playing :-D
As long as your happy with the buggy game? All is well. 

Everyone bags codemasters for releasing the game on time.. Atleast there is an ability to fix issues with updates. A while back, if a game had bugs, they would just delay the release date for 6 months. At least now they have a very large group of testers.

I'd like to see some code added that will allow you to pass under yellows if the cars you're passing our outside of the track limits as it's frustrating to go past 2 cars that are in the middle of a giant crash 30m off of the track and then getting told to hand the position back to the person who is crashing. 

That or just delay the introduction of the caution flag for 3-5 seconds. 

ryano12 said:
Everyone bags codemasters for releasing the game on time.. Atleast there is an ability to fix issues with updates. A while back, if a game had bugs, they would just delay the release date for 6 months. At least now they have a very large group of testers.

I'd like to see some code added that will allow you to pass under yellows if the cars you're passing our outside of the track limits as it's frustrating to go past 2 cars that are in the middle of a giant crash 30m off of the track and then getting told to hand the position back to the person who is crashing. 

That or just delay the introduction of the caution flag for 3-5 seconds. 
Dude it’s an annual release, there’s no way they can miss the date.

There’s a massive amount of testers now (us!!!!) 

I said previously if codies just announce there sorry some issues can’t be fixed then fair enough, I respect that, I don’t respect being treated like a mushroom... (kept in the dark, fed on poo) 

If this crap isn’t sorted out soon, I’m going to get a full refund for the game. The game is not fit for service, nearly unplayable in places. Stop releasing patches that don’t work. You build us all up to get excited, and time and time again we’re let down by bugs reoccurring or new bugs. How hard can it be todo full qualy right, and 2 months later, how is safety car still broken? It’s a joke at this point. 

Time to pass the mantle I think.. 

Can you fix setups for 1.11? @jennyannem 

Some setups you shouldn’t be able to run but they somehow work. Some like 1-8 wings with 10 ballast should be I driveable but instead it’s quick. 
Greco will know if you ask him, I hope you can change setups.

This is the state of the entire gaming industry.
Gaming Company Mission Statement:
1. Make money
2. Make money as cheaply as possible
3. Pay employees the least amount we can get away with, if we have to replace the more expensive people so be it....how hard can it be?
4. Make more money.
5. Make even more money by hiring less testers, or use free testers. BUT, if we use testers and completely test the game there will be a record of and witnesses to known bugs.
6. Release the game. No matter what.
7. Throw release party.
8. Appease the loudest whiners and try to fix bugs we didn’t know about since we only tested ONLINE and CAREER briefly.
9. Look at designs for next years cover art, as release date is only 9 months away.

Codemasters isn’t setting some standard for releasing before testing completed, and therefore having MULTIPLE unknown issues.

Corporations learned how much money was being made in the gaming industry. Swooped in and bought any and all that would sell. Now it is almost all 100% profit-driven tripe. No longer about quality and creativity. No longer about gaming. Only about money, just like so many other things.

Clearly I don’t know any of the inside scoop on CM. It really IS possible that they don’t know what is causing some of the problems. And it really IS possible that they don’t mean to be vague in their replies. And it really IS possible they had no idea about any of the bugs.

Then again, so IS the opposite.

Sorry. Coffee.

/ramble off

DEECO said:
1. Make money
3. Pay employees the least amount we can get away with, if we have to replace the more expensive people so be it....how hard can it be?
4. Make more money.
5. Make even more money by hiring less testers, or use free testers. BUT, if we use testers and completely test the game there will be a record of and witnesses to known bugs.
7. Throw release party.
8. Appease the loudest whiners and try to fix bugs we didn’t know about since we only tested ONLINE and CAREER briefly.
9. Look at designs for next years cover art, as release date is only 9 months away.

Codemasters isn’t setting some standard for releasing before testing completed, and therefore having MULTIPLE unknown issues.

Corporations learned how much money was being made in the gaming industry. Swooped in and bought any and all that would sell. Now it is almost all 100% profit-driven tripe. No longer about quality and creativity. No longer about gaming. Only about money, just like so many other things.

Clearly I don’t know any of the inside scoop on CM. It really IS possible that they don’t know what is causing some of the problems. And it really IS possible that they don’t mean to be vague in their replies. And it really IS possible they had no idea about any of the bugs.

Sorry. Coffee.

/ramble off
Nah, there’s no way they’re still this incompetent 3 years later. Joke of a company. 

Swift747 said:
DEECO said:
1. Make money
4. Make more money.
7. Throw release party.

Sorry. Coffee.

/ramble off
Nah, there’s no way they’re still this incompetent 3 years later. Joke of a company. 
3 whole years?

EA?
UBISOFT?
BUNGIE?

That's what kids do. I couldn't play patch 1.10 yet, but I'm almost sure, I'll be totally fine playing :-D
Yea some people are just happy to accept mediocrity I guess.People are angry that the game is a complete joke 3 months after release and this is the place to vent thier frustrations so doing so doesn't make them childish or children.

DEECO said:
1. Make money
4. Make more money.
7. Throw release party.

Sorry. Coffee.

/ramble off

No mention of RNG Loot Boxes?

Never Mind, Carry on folks, have a nice day.

FRACTURED said:
DEECO said:
1. Make money
4. Make more money.
7. Throw release party.

Sorry. Coffee.

/ramble off

No mention of RNG Loot Boxes?
Shhh.

Thats an incredibly valid point.                                                                                            

@jennyannem @F1Support Stop hiding in the shadows. Come out here and take this criticism and fix this. We've told you about this enough now, so act upon it!

Can you fix setups for 1.11? @jennyannem 

Some setups you shouldn’t be able to run but they somehow work. Some like 1-8 wings with 10 ballast should be I driveable but instead it’s quick. 
Greco will know if you ask him, I hope you can change setups.
Yes they can work because we are not dealing in absolute values. Once the game does, I'll listen to the argument.

Swift747 said:
If this crap isn’t sorted out soon, I’m going to get a full refund for the game. The game is not fit for service, nearly unplayable in places. Stop releasing patches that don’t work. You build us all up to get excited, and time and time again we’re let down by bugs reoccurring or new bugs. How hard can it be todo full qualy right, and 2 months later, how is safety car still broken? It’s a joke at this point. 

Right, but just FYI, if you've played more than 2 hours, or owned the game for more than 2 weeks, you won't be able to get a refund.

Ho3n3r said:
Swift747 said:

Right, but just FYI, if you've played more than 2 hours, or owned the game for more than 2 weeks, you won't be able to get a refund.

That's probably a good point actually.. Dam

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2017.

Thank you for your emails, we received your complaints and already sent a reply on 17/10/2017.

We are very sorry you don't like the changes made in recent patches, however please note that this is not the same as the game being unplayable or not being fit for purpose.

As you did not buy the game from us, we do not have your money to return, I'm afraid. Any questions concerning refunds should be addressed to your Vendor and their refund policy, as you purchased the game from them.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

This is the mail from customer services when I asked for a refund......

If you can’t win the constructors championship with certain teams because of a bug how is that fit for purpose.? 

emiack76 said:
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2017.

Thank you for your emails, we received your complaints and already sent a reply on 17/10/2017.

We are very sorry you don't like the changes made in recent patches, however please note that this is not the same as the game being unplayable or not being fit for purpose.

As you did not buy the game from us, we do not have your money to return, I'm afraid. Any questions concerning refunds should be addressed to your Vendor and their refund policy, as you purchased the game from them.

Kind regards
Jorn

This is the mail from customer services when I asked for a refund......!
Where did you buy the game? Steam? PS Store? Physical copy?

carpa said:
emiack76 said:

Kind regards
Jorn

This is the mail from customer services when I asked for a refund......!
Where did you buy the game? Steam? PS Store? Physical copy?
Hard copy. 

Going at the weekend with this email and see what they say.