Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.10 Discussion thread

I would believe the anger of you guys, if these messages wouldn't be coming a thousand times. Almost as inconsequent, as people claim CM is. And this full refund thing is a joke right? Is anyone here a grown-up?

I would believe the anger of you guys, if these messages wouldn't be coming a thousand times. Almost as inconsequent, as people claim CM is. And this full refund thing is a joke right? Is anyone here a grown-up?
Other than insulting guys and sounding like a codies fan boy! What’s your solution as your a grown up? 

Wouldnt the grown up thing for codies to do, announce to the community what’s actually happening? 

Unfortunately companies are so profit oriented that the only way is to hit them in the pockets. 

Maybe then if they want the fans to pay for goods, get them working as they should! 

emiack76 said:
carpa said:
emiack76 said:
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2017.

Thank you for your emails, we received your complaints and already sent a reply on 17/10/2017.

We are very sorry you don't like the changes made in recent patches, however please note that this is not the same as the game being unplayable or not being fit for purpose.

As you did not buy the game from us, we do not have your money to return, I'm afraid. Any questions concerning refunds should be addressed to your Vendor and their refund policy, as you purchased the game from them.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

This is the mail from customer services when I asked for a refund......!
Where did you buy the game? Steam? PS Store? Physical copy?
Hard copy. 

Going at the weekend with this email and see what they say. 
Then you can return it to the shop in exchange for a discount in a new game I think, but you cannot get a full refund in any case I think because too much time has passed

Look, I'm just as unhappy as everyone that this game is very buggy. You all need to do is address the bugs in a correct manner or they won't be noted. If Codemasters choose not to sort this stuff out then just don't bother buying anymore games that Codemasters bring out. Instead, every year you guys do all this moaning and still buy the games. Sort it out. 

why AI is changed again? are perfect on patch 1.9, but now AI is very slower on corners and make less attemps to overtake a slower car ahead, in one race here hamilton not even try overtake sainz and stay behind him by more than 7 laps less than 1 meter of distance

on patch 1.9 is excellent see how IA fight to positions all the time, but now just following car ahead

ME:I know I have a rubbish day in work so I will come home and update to 1.10 ok it’s downloading let’s just open up the forum to see if the patch is a success.  Reads first 10 comments and sobs uncontrollably :wink:

carpa said:
emiack76 said:
carpa said:
emiack76 said:
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2017.

Thank you for your emails, we received your complaints and already sent a reply on 17/10/2017.

We are very sorry you don't like the changes made in recent patches, however please note that this is not the same as the game being unplayable or not being fit for purpose.

As you did not buy the game from us, we do not have your money to return, I'm afraid. Any questions concerning refunds should be addressed to your Vendor and their refund policy, as you purchased the game from them.

Kind regards
Jorn

Hard copy. 

Then you can return it to the shop in exchange for a discount in a new game I think, but you cannot get a full refund in any case I think because too much time has passed
I think I've read people have got refunds before but they may have been online purchases...  If you do get a refund, you may well end up buying it again when it is in a better state to play.  Maybe worth sitting on it for a while and come back to it once it is fixed?

squalles said:
why AI is changed again? are perfect on patch 1.9, but now AI is very slower on corners and make less attemps to overtake a slower car ahead, in one race here hamilton not even try overtake sainz and stay behind him by more than 7 laps less than 1 meter of distance

on patch 1.9 is excellent see how IA fight to positions all the time, but now just following car ahead
Strange as there is nothing in the notes to indicate a change. 

@jennyannem @F1Support @CmRachel
Ok been playing for 5 minutes and I am having massive stutters that I have not been experiencing previously.  Nvidia 1070 graphics card not had this issue in previous builds.  I am in Japan in quali and it’s at random points on the track.  I turned down the settings to high and it’s still happening.  When I get a stutter as well my wheel acts up.  For example I was driving down the main straight and a stutter happened and then my wheel kicked me to the left as the game unfroze.

carpa said:
emiack76 said:
carpa said:
emiack76 said:

Kind regards
Jorn

Hard copy. 

I think I've read people have got refunds before but they may have been online purchases...  If you do get a refund, you may well end up buying it again when it is in a better state to play.  Maybe worth sitting on it for a while and come back to it once it is fixed?
the problem is CM are going to have to push forward with development on next years title very soon, especially with France being added to next years calendar meaning more work on modelling another circuit. 

Hate to say it but I would be very surprised if we see another patch now, possibly one more if we’re very lucky but even then I think it’s safe to say the bugs that haven’t been fixed up until now sadly won’t be fixed this late into the patch cycle. 

Depending on how CM plan to develop next years game (ie using this years code and making tweaks and refinements), I gusss there’s always the danger that past issues might still not be ironed out (eg screen tearing, safety car etc). Time will tell 

HA! If this is the last patch, Codemasters can expect to go into the red next year with how much revenue they'll lose from lost sales. I promise, if this was the last patch, we as a community will find a way to create a negative PR campaign so massive to the point where no one buys Codemasters games, and FOM will strip them of the license. They don't deserve it any more.

So Codemasters: You'd better well release another patch. If you think you can get away with this, in 2 years, you may well look back on F1 2017 as the product that killed your company.

I wonder if Liberty media had any idea of the state this is in? I also wonder if FOM and Liberty Media can be contacted and their attention drawn to this forum..

Installed PS4 1.10 last night but after reading this, I just can't be bothered to play it any more.

Why release a patch knowing full well that most of the problems reported have not been fixed?  It doesn't make sense.  And you know - we're running out of time on this.  A few more weeks and it'll be "sorry, no more patches - we're too busy working on F1 2018 now.  We'll fix all the bugs in time for that".

Except they don't.  They never do.  I spent nearly £50 on this and it's such a bug-riddled mess... I mean, Jesus... No Man's Sky got such a hard time over it's release state but at least they fix the problems.  Codemasters are clearly all about the cash these days.  Reputation matters not a jot, it seems.

[edit] Wow... can't even say the name of our lord who suffered on the cross for us without it being censored.  Still didn't suffer as much as playing a Codemasters game, though.

[edit again] Oh, apparently I *can* say Jesus after a post edit!

I had hoped that the Evolution Studios team could have had a hand in assisting and helping CM get the F1 series to as high a standard as I’m sure we’d all love to see it be, but looking at Onrush it appears that they’ve separately and solely developed their new title, but I could be wrong. 

I guess there’s still the possibility that could happen later down the line but perhaps not between now and next years F1 game.
im sure they could help and share their knowledge and skills in improving the F1 series, perhaps to the level of Driveclubs stunning visuals/graphics as well as ironing out core bugs that have proved difficult to fix over the past few years of titles and subsequent patches. 

Add to that Mark Knights departure from providing the music to the F1 series following 2017, does make me a little worried that CM have a big ask to satisfy the fans for next years game with such a short development time and history of struggling to iron out certain bugs. 

Dont get me wrong, I’m not bashing CM, id love nothing more than to see them succeed in refining the F1 games, but I do feel at times that they could use extra help and personnel to get there, especially considering the pressures of releasing an annual title each year and the constraints that brings. 
Id love nothing more than for them to prove me wrong though :smile:

If you go onto the liberty media web page then under 'contact us' there's a nice little spot where you can submit questions or comments... Ive just done so directing them to this forum and this thread.. Quite likely then nothing will come of it but hey,, worth a shot. :) 

carpa said:
emiack76 said:
carpa said:
emiack76 said:

Kind regards
Jorn

Hard copy. 

the problem is CM are going to have to push forward with development on next years title very soon, especially with France being added to next years calendar meaning more work on modelling another circuit. 

Hate to say it but I would be very surprised if we see another patch now, possibly one more if we’re very lucky but even then I think it’s safe to say the bugs that haven’t been fixed up until now sadly won’t be fixed this late into the patch cycle. 

Depending on how CM plan to develop next years game (ie using this years code and making tweaks and refinements), I gusss there’s always the danger that past issues might still not be ironed out (eg screen tearing, safety car etc). Time will tell 
Sorry,  one track a lot of work?! 2018 is very easy for them, the cars are mainly the same, the rules are mainly the same...
It's not a jump like from 2016 to 2017

Possibility of the halo introduction as well. Years on and they still can't manage to get the SC car right OR even lazer scan tracks. They won't get 2018 right. They shouldn't even be allowed to have the franchise any more 

If you go onto the liberty media web page then under 'contact us' there's a nice little spot where you can submit questions or comments... Ive just done so directing them to this forum and this thread.. Quite likely then nothing will come of it but hey,, worth a shot. :) 

Well I think I will be doing that as well.. They might take notice if a lot of people follow suit. 

carpa said:
emiack76 said:
carpa said:
emiack76 said:

Kind regards
Jorn

Hard copy. 

Sorry,  one track a lot of work?! 2018 is very easy for them, the cars are mainly the same, the rules are mainly the same...
It's not a jump like from 2016 to 2017

True, but sometimes I feel like the F1 series could do with starting over again, ditching the legacy code and graphics engine as it appears many of the bugs such as the safety car and graphics problems with awful screen tearing seem so deeply rooted in that initial foundation code that they used for F1 2015, so much so that they’ll probably never be ironed out completely.

Is a catch 22 though as I’m sure none of us would want to see a repeat of F1 2014/2015 with a severe lack of content, but sooner or later they will have to as I feel like there’s only so far they can go with what they have currently.

I have never complained or moaned about something so much.. Probably a lot of people on the same boat.. Just shows you how bad this is? 

@mikey250976 that's what i was thinking /hoping.  An FOM contact would be nice :) :) 

Well that's my nice little comment, or should I say novel put forward to them, probably won't make a difference, but worth a try 

I had a SC during my Season 2 (activated it after patch) wet Sochi race today.

Had ZERO issues. Went really smooth TBH. 

pijin said:
HA! If this is the last patch, Codemasters can expect to go into the red next year with how much revenue they'll lose from lost sales. 
That's what people said on here last year, and the year before. Sales were up both years.

Lest we forget, this forum is a very small echo chamber compared to the number of people who buy the game.