Sign in to follow this  

The Q&A Thread

Loore said:

Every discipline has its own elements that help make it distinct, the slip streaming of Open Wheel is part of that. I don't think we'd be looking at applying that as a global across the board setting.
That's a shame. Slipstreaming in Grid 1 was a also a part of recipe for making online racing so fan. Many battles had been won thanks to draft in G1. Slipstream in G1 was huge. Was giving up to 4 secs pro lap on Spa. This gave the racing next level of using slipstream. Slipstream should be big in all modes, specially in whole circuits racing like touring or lmp.

It's not like we turn slipstream off in other modes, it's just a subtle difference. The open wheel cars are powerful lightweight cars that are very downforce dependent, and that comes with a lot of drag. Take that drag away by finding the slipstream, and the difference is a bit more visible.

If you come out onto the back straight of Sepang close to another car, it doesn't matter what that car is, you'll get a nice slipstream out of it. So I don't think you have to worry about that.

Q: How far are you with game's production? 

We know it takes time to manufacture physical discs and to do other stuff you need to do after you finish the game. 

Is it normal that in half gameplay videos I've seen, McKane is among the last drivers ? XD

Q: How far are you with game's production? 

We know it takes time to manufacture physical discs and to do other stuff you need to do after you finish the game. 

We go 'gold' early June, in short we've not go much time left at all :)

@Myenia

We like to call it payback :)

Q. Is drifting going to be like both the previous games or have you (hopefully) gone to a more tandem 3-4 corner setup like real life? Points drifting can be fun, but it doesn't have the same draw real world drifting does. You guys had some of the best drifting AI I've seen in GRID1. If you focused that down to real world length track sections, only awarded points for the correct line angle and fluidity, and worked the AI to run tandem you would have the best drifting in any game ever. I really hope you guys have given the same attention to drifting as you have the rest of the game. I don't want it to be another after thought like it was in GRID2

Reading the FAQ I understand that just like in GRID 2 we are freelancer. We can't make our team, we race for the others? Is this true? I mean not that we can race for other teams (thats obvious), but are we really not able to make our own team like in GRID 1?

I had read that the game is featuring split screen. Can we expect this feature on PC as well? Is it possible to play in split screen in the campaign as teammates for the same team?

If you focused that down to real world length track sections, only awarded points for the correct line angle and fluidity, and worked the AI to run tandem you would have the best drifting in any game ever.
That's pretty much what we've got.

30K said:
Reading the FAQ I understand that just like in GRID 2 we are freelancer. We can't make our team, we race for the others? Is this true? I mean not that we can race for other teams (thats obvious), but are we really not able to make our own team like in GRID 1?

I had read that the game is featuring split screen. Can we expect this feature on PC as well? Is it possible to play in split screen in the campaign as teammates for the same team?
You race for a team in single player, in multipalyer you can create a club that your friends can join.

Split screen is in the PC version. You can't do the full career but you can do mini events on the same team.

Ok quick last thing. In drifting for GRID it was very easy to drift with no counter steer which isn't how it works in the real world. Is modulating countersteer required for drifting in GRID A, where sustained no counter steer would spin the car around?

It's a lot more real world in Autoposrt, we actually had the guys at Drift All Stars in helping us with the drift setup (they broke a number of our Fanatec wheels in the process!).

A lot of throttle control required, you'll want to be counter steering against the car or as you said, you'll just spin.

I'll hold my hand up and say that drift wasn't one of my most favoured event types in the past, but I really enjoy it in Autosport, is great fun with a lot of depth. 

Loore said:
It's a lot more real world in Autoposrt, we actually had the guys at Drift All Stars in helping us with the drift setup (they broke a number of our Fanatec wheels in the process!).

A lot of throttle control required, you'll want to be counter steering against the car or as you said, you'll just spin.

I'll hold my hand up and say that drift wasn't one of my most favoured event types in the past, but I really enjoy it in Autosport, is great fun with a lot of depth. 
That's really good to here. I think there was a big disconnect between real drifting and games for a long time as developers were like the public in that they didn't 'get it'. As someone whose done autocross rallycross track days and drifting, drifting is by far my favorite for fun and I hope it translates into the game. You guys will be giving it the best shot at that since the offical D1 game on the PS2.

Thanks for your answer Loore! Something just came to my mind so I have to ask - is GRID Autosport using all benefits from the more advanced/pro steering wheels like G25/27/Fanatec/etc and more specifically the clutch?

Yo, you can use the clutch as long as you have set the options to allow it. I keep a G27 by my desk so I'll sometimes play through the game with the clutch on, and I have a lot of fun with that.

Will you be able to track the history of your career? Like what championships you've driven, teams you've driven for, past championship results, etc. I always thought this was something missing from the F1 games. You can't see how you did or who you drove for in previous seasons.

@Loore @Britpoint