Jump to content Jump to content

Loore said:
ChokDK said:
Q: I know you can't tell of all the tracks in the game yet @Loore, but will it be possible to have mod tracks?
This could be SO awesome....
Just to clarify, do you mean modding tracks? 
Hi @Loore. I guess my answer went away somewhere :)
Yes.. as in loading new tracks made from modders, not originally in the game.
Question:  I cannot think of a series that runs 40 minutes or 20 laps without pitting, can you?
The average GT stint at LeMans is around an hour, before needing to pit. For an LMP1, it is around 40 minutes before needing a pitstop.
Agreed. But LeMans is a 24 hour race and is in a class all of it's own (in other words, it's not a "series" like I asked about). If it were, by comparison, that's about 30 pit stops per race. In addition, even at LeMans, or any other race, cars can and will pit if they are damaged or are in serious need of an adjustment.

"Q) Is there a kind of Tutorial/Introduction when you fire up the game for the first time?
A) Yes, in a similar fashion to our other games"

Does this mean you;re thrown straight into a short race before having the opportunity to tweak gfx, wheel settings etc?.  If this is the case, will it be possible to access the options first if preferred?.  I personally dislike getting that first impression, without knowing if its the best one I can have.
"Q) Is there a kind of Tutorial/Introduction when you fire up the game for the first time?
A) Yes, in a similar fashion to our other games"

Does this mean you;re thrown straight into a short race before having the opportunity to tweak gfx, wheel settings etc?.  If this is the case, will it be possible to access the options first if preferred?.  I personally dislike getting that first impression, without knowing if its the best one I can have.
No, you’ll have access to the options before you click on career (which is where the tutorial is located).
Loore said:
Totally blown away for your enthusiasm for all things Autosport, but as of now it's getting incredibly hard to follow the conversation as every thread is descending into a series of questions (with a lot of duplication), end result is that I'm unfortunately going to have to miss some of them. Can we please use this thread for all questions and when one gets answered I'll add it to this post so everyone can see them. Fire away!

Sorry @Loore :D

Q: Can replays be saved?

Q: Is the classical D-pad layout still available and does it match the thumbstick laptimes? 

Q: Is the AI as good as it was in TOCA2 and Toca World Touring Cars

Q: Do AI openents also suffer from mechanical damage?

Q: Is there a podium sequence when one has made a podium finish?

Q: Are there bonusses to be unlocked if you reach a certain milage within a discipline?

Q: Is there a teammanager who keeps you up to date with what's happening on the track?

Q: Can cars loose oil which makes surphase slippery

Q: Why did Codies not add a flagsystem to GRID AS

Q: How does qualifying work? one flying lap or several laps?
Q) Can replays be saved?
A) Not at this time.

Q) Is the AI as good as it was in TOCA2 and Toca World Touring Cars
A) AI has had a lot of improvements made to it, will leave you to decide if it’s better or not.

Q) Is the classical D-pad layout still available and does it match the thumb stick lap times?
A) By default the d-pad is used to talk to your team engineer. The game hasn't really been made with D-pad controls in mind, just controller sticks and wheels. However, you can customise your controls should you wish.

Q) Do AI opponents also suffer from mechanical damage?
A) Yes

Q) Is there a podium sequence when one has made a podium finish?
A) No

Q) Are there bonuses to be unlocked if you reach a certain mileage within a discipline?
A) You do get a ‘discipline level’, more on that soon.

Q) Is there a team manager who keeps you up to date with what's happening on the track?
A) You have an engineer but he doesn't really say much on his own. Instead we've allowed you to take control by giving you the ability to request details via the D-pad.

Q) Can cars loose oil which makes a surface slippery
A) No

Q) Why did Codies not add a flag system to GRID AS
A) There’s a danger if we go down the route of adding all these traditional sim options that the game will lose a bit of its identity. That’s not to say we won’t look at that kind of system in the future but right now it’s probably a step too far towards sim for Autosport, we’re all about that ‘middle ground’

Q) How does qualifying work? one flying lap or several laps?
A) You have x amount of time, set the fastest time. Bit like F1 in that regard.

Q) All cars / all tracks on Custom Online?
A) Yes, with a few exceptions (can’t drive a drift car on a non drift route etc)
Loore said:

A) There’s a danger if we go down the route of adding all these traditional sim options that the game will lose a bit of its identity. That’s not to say we won’t look at that kind of system in the future but right now it’s probably a step too far towards sim for Autosport, we’re all about that ‘middle ground’ 

Thank you for answering. Do you mean to say that the "GRID" franchise is all about "middle ground"? I know you will get that question probably a thousand times but is Codies also working on a game that really moves back to simulation or let me say it differently, I licensed championship with proper rules, features and handling?

ChokDK said:
Loore said:
ChokDK said:
Q: I know you can't tell of all the tracks in the game yet @Loore, but will it be possible to have mod tracks?
This could be SO awesome....
Just to clarify, do you mean modding tracks? 
Hi @Loore. I guess my answer went away somewhere :)
Yes.. as in loading new tracks made from modders, not originally in the game.
Sir @Loore - saving a reply for this one? ;)
Is GRID A going to allow modders to add tracks, not originally in the game?
@ChokDK

Unfortunately not, there's a potential monstrous issue here as all circuits have to be officially licensed to be included in the game. Supporting the Modding Community is something we're keen on doing though and have had numerous discussions regarding it.
From Loore:

Bravo!

Frank

Why is the game due to be release on the 24th June in the USA, and 27th of june in Europe??? 

Are you not based, or have offices in Birmingham, and Leamington Spa?  In the UK.

So why does USA get it 3 Days before the rest of us? 

Do they need more practise??? LOL only a joke.  
=))
Q: There will be around 80 a 85 cars in the game. It was written or said in an interview that you were still closing down the licensing on the cars. If you take cars from a previous game, the licensing has to be done all over again with the specific manufacturer? How does the licensing work when Codies adds for example old touring cars. Has this to be done with the manufacturer as well or is this directly aranged with the "racing team" or owner of that team?

P308R said:
Q: There will be around 80 a 85 cars in the game. It was written or said in an interview that you were still closing down the licensing on the cars. If you take cars from a previous game, the licensing has to be done all over again with the specific manufacturer? How does the licensing work when Codies adds for example old touring cars. Has this to be done with the manufacturer as well or is this directly aranged with the "racing team" or owner of that team?
Just because we licensed a car (or track) for one game doesn't necessarily mean we can use it in another, every game is different and on the whole it usually involves everything have to be re-licensed. 

Older stuff is always tricky and will usually be down on a per case basis, as a lot of the time there's queries over who own rights to what etc (especially for the really old stuff).