Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 online questions?

1. can we kick out someone on 2014 without votes
2. Is the ghosting system removed for this game when you try to crash into someone it ghost you. I hope its removed if not plz codies remove it.

1. can we kick out someone on 2014 without votes
2. Is the ghosting system removed for this game when you try to crash into someone it ghost you. I hope its removed if not plz codies remove it.
What the hell, are you one of the [...] that ruins the experience for others? Ghosting is great, if that would not exist I would never even consider playing F1 online because of the [...] community.

Anonymous848           

Are you one of those that doesn't like realism and wants cars to become ghosts?

sometimes, you know for 'fun' people like to get together and have a destruction derby type race, we tried it in our league but it failed because of insta ghost if you try to hit people to hard

AGREE its awesome :)

You have to vote for kicking players :/ ghosting havent i testes yet but can test it for you when i get back from work :)

Here are some more (most of which I already know the answer to).  Not all online specific, but all do impact online racing:

1. Do we have dedicated servers yet?
2. Can the host define grid positions for online races?
3. Are there online practice sessions yet?
4. Are there 22 player grids yet?
5. Is the hidden steering assist in the controls menu removed and/or are gamepads still faster than wheels?
6. Can results be exported on PC?
7. Is there now a realistic handling, physics, and force feedback model?
8. Are tracks laser scanned yet, or are they still flat dead surfaces?
9. Is there now an option to force cockpit view (for online no-assist league races?)
10. Do we have pit boards and a better engineer so we can turn off the OSD?
11. Are mirrors improved to be more valuable?
12. Is corner cutting fixed? (4 tires outside white lines equals warning or penalty)
13. Have the graphics been updated to be on par with the likes of Project CARS?
14. With One-Shot qualifying, can we now see the weather before the race?
15. Have you brought back the F1 2011 feature where you could set up several online races at once and the results from one would determine the grid (or reversed grid) for the next?
16. Can full replays be saved and are they viewable from any car?
17. Can full custom setups be used for One-Shot qualifying?
18. Is the damage model more realistic yet?
19. Are pit stops manual now? (pit limiter button/drive into box by our self?)
20. Is the base setup for each track still hidden, and do we now have realistic setup values (instead of a 1 to 11 scale)?
21. Are laptimes in rain now realistic?

I have plenty more, but should I keep going when I'm not sure if these will be answered? :)

i'll save you time.

they won't be answered.

they only seem to answer the questions they can say "yes" to or "lol maybe for the next game" which is also no.

it's better for them to leave questions unanswered then to keep posting "no" on various threads.
hopefully i'm wrong and they'll tick off that list of yours
I believe you and many others would be surprised by how few CM employees read these pages. So how would they answer something they have not read, and why would they, the people on these forums contribute a minute amount to CM's coffers. To their defense, these forums are not intended to be more than something that CM can use to their advantage, as any company would do, if it suits you, exploit it, if not, try to change it to work for you, if it still doesn't work, consider shutting it down, happens everywhere.  Free market economy and all that.

Here are some more (most of which I already know the answer to).  Not all online specific, but all do impact online racing:

1. Do we have dedicated servers yet?
2. Can the host define grid positions for online races?
3. Are there online practice sessions yet?
4. Are there 22 player grids yet?
5. Is the hidden steering assist in the controls menu removed and/or are gamepads still faster than wheels?
6. Can results be exported on PC?
7. Is there now a realistic handling, physics, and force feedback model?
8. Are tracks laser scanned yet, or are they still flat dead surfaces?
9. Is there now an option to force cockpit view (for online no-assist league races?)
10. Do we have pit boards and a better engineer so we can turn off the OSD?
11. Are mirrors improved to be more valuable?
12. Is corner cutting fixed? (4 tires outside white lines equals warning or penalty)
13. Have the graphics been updated to be on par with the likes of Project CARS?
14. With One-Shot qualifying, can we now see the weather before the race?
15. Have you brought back the F1 2011 feature where you could set up several online races at once and the results from one would determine the grid (or reversed grid) for the next?
16. Can full replays be saved and are they viewable from any car?
17. Can full custom setups be used for One-Shot qualifying?
18. Is the damage model more realistic yet?
19. Are pit stops manual now? (pit limiter button/drive into box by our self?)
20. Is the base setup for each track still hidden, and do we now have realistic setup values (instead of a 1 to 11 scale)?
21. Are laptimes in rain now realistic?

I agree 100%, but don't forget:

22. Is the netcode improved to avoid lag and ghost contacts?
23. Are the cars in equitative mode realy equal cars in terms of performance and handling?
24. Is the FPS bug solved? In F1 2013 was patched but nos solved. Diferent hardware still means diferent performance.