Sign in to follow this  

Fed Up with online idiots!

I'm fed up! It's driving me nuts trying to get an online race that's not already started even though it shows on screen as 'In Lobby'. When I do it's generally demolition derby and twice now tonight I've been black flagged for someone shunting me from behind and I'm being perceived to have jumped the start. 

Is it too much to ask to race fairly and not be smashed into by idiots around me. 

Ah ha! Just read the 1.10 notes, so that's one issue sorted. :) Codies is there a way you can send some kind of electric shock down the line someone turns into another car unfairly? Cattle prod kind of thing?

They can still take you out which sucks for online experience. They need to take actions against rammers in general.

FRACTURED said:
Are you doing 5 lap quick races in a hopper lobby though? Thats where all the scum go to race.
Yes but it still does not justify their actions. I do 5 laps sprint for warmups, clean, short and fun racing. which was possible on release but now not anymore as all the scum bought the game as well.

FRACTURED said:
Are you doing 5 lap quick races in a hopper lobby though? Thats where all the scum go to race.
There’s rammers everywhere mate, you’ve to be so careful trying to overtake anyone, it sucks.

On pc I've never had too many issues. I do generally tend to be miles out front, however what I did was I got my mate who a pro at taking people out pretty much, to train me how to avoid it and how to tell whether they will take you out or not.  
But in all honesty just take my approach of if they take you out take them out. Quick tip if u want to spin someone and come off better, go on their inside and try and get ur front right just in-front of their rear left so it catches and spins them off. 

Another tip is just divebomb them and cut them off in a way that they can't take u out. Like I'm in AOR and race with the aor guys when I want good racing, if ur fast enough I'd try to get in a league racing community like that, or simply when u find someone fast and clean, add them and race with them. Or add the people who take u out, say some very kind words to them and get them in a lobby, so they can practice their technique and u can practice ur avoiding technique.

Idiots have out-reproduced intelligent folk at an alarming rate since the beginning of time.

Unfortunately, it’s not simply an ONLINE issue.

Now....it’s just out of hand. It’ll be the end of us I tell you!

Normally I don’t complain about idiots online but wow there’s an abundance. I don’t race online unless it’s a league race now

Lol this is why there is an abundance, you guys have to stick it out more. The game shouldn't be ruled by the nuts! If anyone is particularly bad comm it and team up to take them out, they never like their own attention, once they are out then continue racing with enjoyment knowing you just helped humanity that little bit more ;-)

Lol this is why there is an abundance, you guys have to stick it out more. The game shouldn't be ruled by the nuts! If anyone is particularly bad comm it and team up to take them out, they never like their own attention, once they are out then continue racing with enjoyment knowing you just helped humanity that little bit more ;-)
Brought back some beautiful memories. Lobby Police.

FRACTURED said:
Mostly yeah, I can't commit to league racing and just want to raise my level really. I literally sit there, saying out loud 'why do you bother wasting your money if you're not gonna play properly!' Every time! It's just nice to change it up from Career mode, I'm not perfect you know. Have made mistakes and bumped others late braking as you do, I always say sorry down my headset if I do but I always try to leave room and be fair. Maybe I'm too nice?!

haydn23 said:
On pc I've never had too many issues. I do generally tend to be miles out front, however what I did was I got my mate who a pro at taking people out pretty much, to train me how to avoid it and how to tell whether they will take you out or not.  
But in all honesty just take my approach of if they take you out take them out. Quick tip if u want to spin someone and come off better, go on their inside and try and get ur front right just in-front of their rear left so it catches and spins them off. 

Another tip is just divebomb them and cut them off in a way that they can't take u out. Like I'm in AOR and race with the aor guys when I want good racing, if ur fast enough I'd try to get in a league racing community like that, or simply when u find someone fast and clean, add them and race with them. Or add the people who take u out, say some very kind words to them and get them in a lobby, so they can practice their technique and u can practice ur avoiding technique.

haydn23 said:

haydn23 said:

Shouldn't have to though, I haven't spent £50 to need to avoid incidents where people aren't interested in having a decent race. It'd be nice if gamers to have respect for others. Naive? Yep but that's how I feel 

As long as you are handing the place back and / or apologising eventually you'll get a good reputation with others for being clean. Bumps happen and the game doesn't help with desynchs so guys will give benefit of the doubt to those who cede after unfair overtakes/bump passes or send a simple sorry to acknowledge a mistake. I don't know what its like recently but back in the 360 days it was about falling in with a good crowd, everyone bring any clean racers  they had and just running a custom lobby for hours  with guys jumping in or out whenever. Used to run for 6 or 7 hours straight on a Freaky Friday. It's great never having to go near the quick race lobbies ever again. 

Nobody needs to run in a league to find clean racers, but you can be in their communities and race with them on socials and just generally during the week. 

No idea why it's started italics...

The mobile version of this forum feels like it's getting  worse. Anyways.

Custom lobbies used to be where the real racing went down, so I assume it's the same now.

Being too nice wears off once you are fighting for podiums with a guy you don't trust, but when your staring out, better to be nice if you're in the midfield with so much going on.