Sign in to follow this  

Grid/Codemaster's killer

kimdurose said:
MrDeap said

Sure there's some bugs but it's very small compare to other popular games. I tried Project Cars Alpha & I'm not worried one bit.

Really? A bug that stops us playing online unless we are willing to reboot the Xbox several times in one session? I've certainly never played or owned any other game like that. It may very well end up being a small bug, as in a small piece of code at fault.
It is however a monumental balls-up in the grand scheme of customer relations.
let me put it another way - 3 and a half months down the line and we still cannot enjoy this to its full potential due to poor testing and poor QC.

Its a a rubbish state of affairs.

I play on PC & I highly believe everyone should swap to the PC for Codemasters games. It's like night & day.

I suppose it is due to cost cutting to stick to the console software sell depreciation budget forecast 10 times less approx. Consoles licensing & software is ridiculously expensive.

The update is difficult on consoles as it require testing approval while on PC they just patch right away. Again the cost is quite different between the PC & consoles.

I suppose Codemasters is as frustrated as the customers in that area.

If I were in their position I would make a Dirt2+Dirt 3 definitive edition together & a Grid 2+Grid Autosport edition for next gen at 1080P 60fps. On PC their games look better than current XBOX One & PS4 release so far.

Start to watch at 1:29

http://youtu.be/4BtzaYpivFM

MrDeap said:

I play on PC & I highly believe everyone should swap to the PC for Codemasters games. It's like night & day.

As is the cost of a console compared with a decent PC.

kimdurose said:As is the cost of a console compared with a decent PC.

Sure it's more expensive, but for the price vs performance the PC is the better value. Over the long term it cost about the same but still have more.

A gaming PC may cost 3 times the price, but you get like 10 times the performance. Also it's less likely to break on you & repair is easier less expensive. A 6 years old performance PC have more performance than the XBOX on & PS4. Obviously you only need very few upgrade at the point.

I had 3 XBOX 360 & 2 PS3 since their release. Games also are more expensive on consoles. Hard drives & accessories are overly expensive on console.

I had few issue on PC but parts have 3 years warranty out of the box.

MrDeap said:
kimdurose said:As is the cost of a console compared with a decent PC.

Sure it's more expensive, but for the price vs performance the PC is the better value. Over the long term it cost about the same but still have more.

A gaming PC may cost 3 times the price, but you get like 10 times the performance. Also it's less likely to break on you & repair is easier less expensive. A 6 years old performance PC have more performance than the XBOX on & PS4. Obviously you only need very few upgrade at the point.

I had 3 XBOX 360 & 2 PS3 since their release. Games also are more expensive on consoles. Hard drives & accessories are overly expensive on console.

I had few issue on PC but parts have 3 years warranty out of the box.

PC you get mods as well. If you are really into single games (I tend to get into them like this) then this is significant. Some of the Dirt3 mods are great.

Re project cars, I hope it will be a great game. However, there's a world of difference between a game that promises to be great and a game delivered that is great. Let's not forget the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and that these days problems with games on roll out seem to be almost guaranteed.

@FOSTBITTEN, pCARS has Ford Fusion NASCAR licensed so far and I guess they are pursuing for more. They also got Ford Falcon for Aussie V8. I guess Toyota, Nissan and Dodge will be an attractive addition. Indy 500 is licensed too. It just that they probably wont get full NASCAR license but they are trying to pull at least a very meaty NASCAR DLC.

Cam-Am cars, I am not certain as the game is pretty much short on American and Japanese manufacturers so far. They might do it if they have the chance to.

@Photonik‌

"You see the difference with the DLC-strategy, do you? GAS had a certain amount of DLCs that were known and more or less in the works during release of the game."

You see the difference in development of Grid Autosport and AC/pCARS too, right? One is a rush product, the other 2 is a well crafted game that takes years to build. Both have extremely different development cycle.

Even if they choose not to recycle content, what happens if people came asking about Zenvo or Genesis from grid 2? Or they want that lovely Donington from grid 1 in Grid Autosport? you cant please everyone to begin with and the content isnt that bad to be honest. I got some of the cars I like from previous games, like Autogallery R32 and also some tracks like Donington that I used to enjoy.

"Some DLCs are a joke, like the additional garage slots or the xp-booster. You pay for something, that the game limits you to in the first place, so you really get nothing of value for your money. THAT is simply money generating 'content' that cost the devs 10 minutes of work."

Thats why I do not play multiplayer. The way it is setup is garbage and it is a waste of time to play it. Not to mention, the whole upgrading and cash grinding is a bore. Just give an online system like Grid 1, pick a car and then just race with it, without all these absurd progression nonsense.

"The problem with CMs DLCs is that there was hardly any 'new' content. Many cars were recycled from GRID2 or even just switched discipline within the game. I believe the the Touring Legends DLCs was the only one with proper new content."

Even if you want new content, how many tracks they can get as most are real world tracks which is the same as previous games. Still, even it is reharsh content, they did at least polish it up to a certain level that is decent.

I am not expecting much with this game in the first place due to short development. AC was in development for 5 years, pCARS was 3. CM did Grid Autosport in one year without it stinks completely is quite a massive achievement.

"Now to the integration of the DLCs... in GAS you get new cars that can't be used in the offline championships. The new disciplines offer additional events in a separated menu with no rewards at all after finishing them. Then there's the TimeTrial mode where the Touring Legends, for example, isn't integrated at all. For TL you don't get the same track limits as in any other series, so you can cut most corners harder. It was the same in GRID1, where you weren't able to use the new cars in the offline carreer.
So in GAS you always know what is DLC, as it is integrated differently in the game than original content and THAT I don't like. It all should be seemless. I want to forget that I downloaded new stuff but that's hardly possible."

I know the DLC integration sucks but evidently, CM wants to do much more than they have the time and budget to do so. At the end, I just play Custom Cup because I can setup races the way I want it to be. I aint gonna blame them as the game is made in 1 year's time that is actually far better than Grid 2. It is not a perfect game where neither pCARS or AC is too.

All I am glad is, I have 3 competent racing game in the game.

"Then to Assetto Corsa... you'll pay for higher quality in the future, nothing more. The game has official and extensive mod support, so you'll get virtually every track and car you want without paying a single cent."

You know that AC has tonnes of utterly shit content in the game so far? Shelby Cobra, Corvette C6R, and a couple are great mod cars but vast majority of them are utterly shit content that is made with zero effort. Having mods is nice but having to filter through whole lot of rubbish isnt.

Modding is a double edge sword.

dirt3joe said
PC you get mods as well. If you are really into single games (I tend to get into them like this) then this is significant. Some of the Dirt3 mods are great.
Is there a "stop it freezing mod" ? Not that it needs one as the PC version appears to be the golden child of the family. Whereas we are left holding the runt.

Im not interested in PC vs Console.   PC just have better graphics.   

Console is just so easy to stick the game in, and it plays 1st time.   No driver issues,  No issues talking and messaging other players.  

Pc's are great, but your gonna have to keep buying new graphics cards, to keep playing new games on ULTRA settings.

Just found this video.....
This guy understands how to RACE. 

I know from previous experience with discussions on here,  people will say this guy is constantly backing off, and being overly cautious.  But pay attention, not only are the visuals great, he doent hit anyone, he doesnt barge up the inside of anyone.   

This is how to race FAIRLY. 

http://youtu.be/rGr4XMLsKXI

Let me at this game. 

Just found this video.....
This guy understands how to RACE. 

I know from previous experience with discussions on here,  people will say this guy is constantly backing off, and being overly cautious.  But pay attention, not only are the visuals great, he doent hit anyone, he doesnt barge up the inside of anyone.   

This is how to race FAIRLY. 

http://youtu.be/rGr4XMLsKXI

Let me at this game. 
we'll get our go next month

I don't understand the omission of Chevrolet cars? Even GAS was fairly light on the Bowties. I wonder if it is one of those licensing things. I hate that crap, it is a game from crissakes. In the end there is no benefit to the players other than not being able to have their favorite cars matched up with their favorite games. 

I don't understand the omission of Chevrolet cars? Even GAS was fairly light on the Bowties. I wonder if it is one of those licensing things. I hate that crap, it is a game from crissakes. In the end there is no benefit to the players other than not being able to have their favorite cars matched up with their favorite games. 
Probably licensing. Some brands arent that easy to license as others.

I know Corvette C6R and possibly Corvette C7R needs to be licensed from Corvette for the car chassis then Callaway for the racing version. If I am not wrong, Corvette licensing is separate from Chevrolet license.

Im not interested in PC vs Console.   PC just have better graphics.   

Console is just so easy to stick the game in, and it plays 1st time.   No driver issues,  No issues talking and messaging other players.  

Pc's are great, but your gonna have to keep buying new graphics cards, to keep playing new games on ULTRA settings.
I agree entirely with this, I went to game consoles because I got tired of some new game not working because it needed this driver, or didn't like this video card/CPU combination on the PC, with a console you just put in a game and play it.

Nothing like entering the last corner of a 10 lap race and AVG Anti-virus starting a system scan is there?!

GRID / CM killer - release postponed to March 2015 = EPIC FAIL
1. canceled PS3/X360 release
2. three time postponed release
3. ... it's killer ? it's impotent

fanticUA said:
GRID / CM killer - release postponed to March 2015 = EPIC FAIL
1. canceled PS3/X360 release
2. three time postponed release
3. ... it's killer ? it's impotent
You'd rather them release it incomplete? That would put them in the same boat as CM. I swear, you can't satisfy ANYONE these days. So hypocritical.

TUSMBOX said:
...So hypocritical.
3 years, 3.8 million WMD $, canceled release... postponed release... but that hypocritically
"Primarily, this has come about because a couple of other big games have announced they are shipping around the same time as our planned first date," ...release of Grand Theft Auto 5 for PS4 and Xbox One.

scared, it's stupid... epic excuse

killer... :)

Project Cars distributor Bandai Namco told... that it could not yet comment...

themselves in shock :)

@fanticUA  -  personally I dont care if they put it back till March 2016,  as long as the game is complete, and polished, tested, tested, tested, QA'd, tested, tested, tested, QA'd, and released.  

Who wants to pay for a broken game?  

Plus the delay, will just give Microsoft time to drop the price of the Xbox one, or maybe release an upgraded one, as I believe they are realising they made a mistake with their hardware choice.   

I dont mind if the game has to be 900p on the Xbox one, the level of detail will still be high. I would prefer a 4K xbox one.   If someone could nudge microsoft for me........

I don't know why but, I get this strange feeling about PCars not releasing at the current release date for XBOX 1 & PS4. I think this line of thinking comes from PCars was supposed to release last year around this time on 360 & PS3. Then that got scrapped. And I guess that is what makes me skeptical. 

I swear I had nothing at all to do with the delay of PCars. And no I do not enjoy being right about this.

I swear I had nothing at all to do with the delay of PCars. And no I do not enjoy being right about this. I posted the 1st paragraph above on October 11th. You can blame me for putting the jinx on this game if you need to blame the delay on someone.

right lets get him........ (mob gathers in the shadows) 

LOL.  

I do not want to wait for this game, but I will have to, Im also happy to do so, as it should mean the game works out of the box. 

@fanticUA  -  personally I dont care if they put it back till March 2016,  as long as the game is complete, and polished, tested, tested, tested, QA'd, tested, tested, tested, QA'd, and released.  

Who wants to pay for a broken game?  

Plus the delay, will just give Microsoft time to drop the price of the Xbox one, or maybe release an upgraded one, as I believe they are realising they made a mistake with their hardware choice.   

I dont mind if the game has to be 900p on the Xbox one, the level of detail will still be high. I would prefer a 4K xbox one.   If someone could nudge microsoft for me........

I wonder how it will turn out. My previous PC had better performance than both XBOX One & PS4. Dirt 3 maxed at 1080P it barely run over 60fps, although it didn't take much cpu performance.

In my opinion you're expecting too much for nextgen games.

@RTAnoskills I kond of thought you may be the one passing out torches & sharpening pitchforks to come for me. I hope you are right about PCars working out of the box. But there again with all of the variables that seem to trip up game companies nowadays it is a high aspiration. ★This is only my opinion not a prediction. Thank you, Fostradamus