Sign in to follow this  

Grid/Codemaster's killer

I know,  its not likely its going to be problem free.  It would be nice though. 
You dont get CM holding back a game for 2 years, because they are not happy with it.
With CM,  deadline day comes, and the game is released. 

You're expecting way too much that you'll be extremely disappointed when it will be released.

I tried the alpha with a T500RS & the handling was terrible one lap with the Ariel Atom on Bathurst. With a gamepad I don't see anything enjoyable with this engine. It just doesn't feel natural. Almost felt like Test Drive Unlimited.

On the other hand an awesome game to play is Assetto Corsa. It feel more like a real car than iRacing. Although it is only available on PC.

I prefer to play Codemasters game as it is more accessible & easier to play by retaining what's important in the physic, controller support & motorsport rules.

Project Cars is approved by racing fans(translation *car fan*) and real-life drivers.*
You have to read carefully, *real life driver*, not real life professional driver, nor written enthusiast racing game fan.

On console if you want to play a cars game, it's better to stick with Gran Turismo or Forza. Codemasters games is still leading in the racing motorsport in my opinion & experience.

On the whole I agree CM have got a good formula. A nice balance between realism, accessibility, and close racing. Where they do fall way short though are quality control, presentation, and customer relations.

@MrDeap
PCars handling changed a lot since alpha stage. There has been so many builds with different handlings and i am sure final version is going to have it spot on.

MrDeap said:

You're expecting way too much that you'll be extremely disappointed when it will be released.

I tried the alpha with a T500RS & the handling was terrible one lap with the Ariel Atom on Bathurst. With a gamepad I don't see anything enjoyable with this engine. It just doesn't feel natural. Almost felt like Test Drive Unlimited.

On the other hand an awesome game to play is Assetto Corsa. It feel more like a real car than iRacing. Although it is only available on PC.

I prefer to play Codemasters game as it is more accessible & easier to play by retaining what's important in the physic, controller support & motorsport rules.

Project Cars is approved by racing fans(translation *car fan*) and real-life drivers.*
You have to read carefully, *real life driver*, not real life professional driver, nor written enthusiast racing game fan.

On console if you want to play a cars game, it's better to stick with Gran Turismo or Forza. Codemasters games is still leading in the racing motorsport in my opinion & experience.

go to GT Planet and read some of the forums and you will change your mind 

I asked to be banned because it was annoying they didn't stop to warn me for silly stuff like this such as... Final Fantasy was published by a 3rd party publisher & would could be released on the XBOX 360 or like I was enjoying playing PGR3 while they would wait a super long time to play GT5 & I would have a PS3 for nearly half the price. I think it was back like in 2006... It all came out true & they felt so offended that they don't want to unban me I suppose since I asked last year.

If I'm unwelcome there & I don't go there.

Youtube video is enough to have a grasp on the physic model of PCars. I do not have much hope for this game. Unless you can quote some stuff from GTP & post it here since I refuse to go there.

Edit: It made me remember one of my last video edit of GT4:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/9o9pv1/gran-turismo-4--the-real-driving-simulator-superfantastico

Still fun to watch.

MrDeap said:

Youtube video is enough to have a grasp on the physic model of PCars...

them difficult to move away from the physical model NFS Shift & Shift 2...

have done a heap of laps on Nordschleife (Eifelwald) during the weekend in the Renault Clio, and it's a blast. :)

I rememeber there has been many discussions about handling in PCars. Some builds broke it so new ones had to fix it. IIRC handling has been fixed since few months.

People on Assie`s forum , who are in PCars from start i believe (and good racer`s), said that it looked that the game was going backwards, and that it was alot better few months ago.

And the prob with console (race) games, is in my eyes the Always fanboys war`s between the xbox and ps people (not to mention the master race pc people who to come in lol), its so hard to find a honest and good revieuw, that sometimes the only solution is to buy all 3 and see/test it for urself.(all the race games in this case)

Promo movies or youtube movies dont say a thing to me, thats the same of some beautifull youtube movie of footballer player X, who is crap but look in that movie better then Messi

You're absolutely right, and I've said that the game wasn't complete out of the gate. In fact, I've made that mistake before, buying NFS: Prostreet on PS3 for, like, 10 bucks, and with or without a patch, I couldn't play more than 5 races without a crash.

If that did happen to me, I would've did some research, found out there's a patch for the game, and found a way to download it. I have a smartphone, so I never not have Internet

racrguy66 said:
TUSMBOX said:
No, I can't say that I do.

And, TV's can't exactly be placed into the same category, as they have limited functionality compared to a video game. Games have glitches that aren't always detected by testers because it's is, the gamers, that go so much deeper into a game than the testers do. GT5 has had several out of bounds glitches that allowed lap times on certain tracks to be cut down to a mere fraction of the full circuit. GT6 has had an easy 20 million credit glitch that got patched out fairly quickly. Even Destiny needed a patch to get rid of the so called "loot cave."

Games do not hit the shelves bug free like I said.
I know it is a small percentage, but, if you were one of them  (with no internet) would you feel the same way about buying a game that when you got it home you couldnt use it? I just bought the evil within and the disc is actually unplayable without the 1.01 patch. Why we now think its okay to release an unfinished game is rubbish. Didnt happen when PS1 and XBOX were not connected to the internet, why we think it okay now befuddles me. Dont release the game til its done. Because its happening more and more dont make it right.
I agree withyou, the game should work out of the box. 

But.....

No internet?  Do you play with a keyboard? 

Join the 21st century,   GET ONLINE. 

:smiley: 

racrguy66 said:
TUSMBOX said:
No, I can't say that I do.

And, TV's can't exactly be placed into the same category, as they have limited functionality compared to a video game. Games have glitches that aren't always detected by testers because it's is, the gamers, that go so much deeper into a game than the testers do. GT5 has had several out of bounds glitches that allowed lap times on certain tracks to be cut down to a mere fraction of the full circuit. GT6 has had an easy 20 million credit glitch that got patched out fairly quickly. Even Destiny needed a patch to get rid of the so called "loot cave."

Games do not hit the shelves bug free like I said.
I know it is a small percentage, but, if you were one of them  (with no internet) would you feel the same way about buying a game that when you got it home you couldnt use it? I just bought the evil within and the disc is actually unplayable without the 1.01 patch. Why we now think its okay to release an unfinished game is rubbish. Didnt happen when PS1 and XBOX were not connected to the internet, why we think it okay now befuddles me. Dont release the game til its done. Because its happening more and more dont make it right.

But.....

soo YOU can tell people how to game ???

still a troll 

their are alot of fast keyboard racers out their

But.....

soo YOU can tell people how to game ???

still a troll 

their are alot of fast keyboard racers out their
Im not telling anyone how to game.   Quote me where I have!

There are NOT alot of fast keyboard players out there at all.  I reckon ZERO. 
There ARE a few who claim to be fast keyboard players.  But they are telling porkies. 

I have being playing PC games since the Late 80's,   I used to play Lombard RAC rally, the very 1st ever need for speed game, (before it turned into some arcade crap).  Loads more I cant remember.   

I played them with the keyboard, as game pads were shocking in those days. 

With a keyboard,  your input is limited to this: 

Full lock left or right. 
Full braking
Full acceleration. 
Handbrake

There is no holding the thumbstick at 3 degrees so you turn smoothly, 

If you have to drive a curve like on Indy GP, or the Oval,  and your using a keyboard,  in order for you to make that turn your pressing,  left, left, left,left,left, left, left,left,left, left, left,left,left, left, left,left,left, left, left,left,left, left, left,left,left, left, left,left,left, left, left,leftleft, left, left,leftleft, left, left,leftleft, left, left,leftleft, left, left,left.  Or right, depending on your direction. 

This causes the car to wobble, as your on and off full lock.  Therefore, its IMPOSSIBLE to be as smooth as a controller or wheel.  

Anyone driving smoothly on such curves,  saying they are using a keyboard, are simply lying.
Why??  I have no idea.  But they are.  

Would you believe me if I said, I have no hands, and I type and play video games with my feet?  No????

Yet you believe people can be fast using a keyboard, and to be fast you need to be smooth, to be smooth, you need something other than a keyboard. 

But......Hey, what do I know.  I play on a console most of the time.  

Well, the one keyboard user that I know won both the Intel Challenge and the Eibach challenge on PC. He also claimed that he dislikes ovals. You can create these "theories" all you want, but there's proof where the other argument is coming from.

TUSMBOX said:
Well, the one keyboard user that I know won both the Intel Challenge and the Eibach challenge on PC. He also claimed that he dislikes ovals. You can create these "theories" all you want, but there's proof where the other argument is coming from.
There is no proof.  I dislike ovals, thats is irrelevant.  He can say he used a keyboard untill the moon falls into the earth. 
If you want to believe that, thats up to you.  

I have used a keyboard, I know what its like.  

Have you tried a keyboard?  

Untill a video is shown, of someone using the keyboard to drive the car at number 1 leaderboard pace, I wont believe it. 

I dont mean a video of gameplay, with a small video in the corner of keyboard tapping. 

Its not going to happen.  There is only 1 reason why. The impossibility to take corners smoothly. 

I will say again, I HAVE USED A KEYBOARD TO PLAY RACING GAMES.  I did it for all the years I was in secondary/high school.  Probably a couple of years before that too. 

Hi all!

RTA, you are wrong. Although keyboard shouldnt be faster then an Analog controller, it is on many cases. It all depends on how the codies implement the controllers, usually by "giving" the digital controllers "internal" assists, in order for the cars to be drivable with those inputs (which like you say only allow 0% or 100%, which can be dealt with by clicking the keyboard very fast - if you play a keyboarder and he has the microphone on, you will hear this infernal cliking, especially if he has a mechanic keyboard). Its the same with consoles and 1st person shooters: how do you think a gamepad player can aim as good and as fast as a keyboard+mouse player? "Internal assists", in this case an "aim assist", dont doubt it.

As you I have been playing for a long time... My 1st car race game was Nigel Mansell Grand Prix on the Spectrum, in 1984 if I am not mistaken.

I have been doing World/European Cups Online since 1997, including several trips to World and European Cyber Games (WCG & ECG). And I was a Keyboarder for a long time, only switched to wheel in 2007. Games like GP2 or GP3 were dominated by keyboarders and several Need For Speeds also . When we talk true simulations, Analog doesnt give a chance, but arcade games or semi-simulation games like is the case of GAS, that is not always true.

I read sometimes your posts and you have to start accepting that what you think isnt always true. You will be a happier person and above all, you will learn more.

TUSMBOX said:
There is no proof.  I dislike ovals, thats is irrelevant.  He can say he used a keyboard untill the moon falls into the earth. 
If you want to believe that, thats up to you.  

I have used a keyboard, I know what its like.  

Have you tried a keyboard?  

Untill a video is shown, of someone using the keyboard to drive the car at number 1 leaderboard pace, I wont believe it. 

I dont mean a video of gameplay, with a small video in the corner of keyboard tapping. 

Its not going to happen.  There is only 1 reason why. The impossibility to take corners smoothly. 

I will say again, I HAVE USED A KEYBOARD TO PLAY RACING GAMES.  I did it for all the years I was in secondary/high school.  Probably a couple of years before that too. 

That just means it didn't work for you. That doesn't that there isn't someone else that can make it happen. Remember, the world doesn't revolve around RTA. And you say you want proof? Can you prove that he didn't use a keyboard? No, you can't.

And, using a keyboard (digital only) is no different from old school gaming before analog controls existed. So, yes, I know what its like to have a total of three steering outputs, and two throttle and brake outputs.

You will be a happier person and above all, you will learn more.

Great post,  just doesnt need the last part. 
Im more than happy thanks.  

Still not a believer though.  

@TUSMBOX,  Show me the replay. 
Can you prove he did use a keyboard? NO.  

It doesnt mean it didnt work for me,It had to work for me, there was no other option.  It was keyboard or dont play.  Years went buy, game pads were bought and binned, Then I stopped gaming for a few years, untill PGR4 on the xbox, and I had to get used to thumbsticks, which I didnt like at first.  But realised the're a better way of giving me more control.  

This is going nowhere,  

You say he did use a keyboard and I cant prove he didnt. 
I say he didnt use a keyboard, and you cant prove he did.  

So Im going to just leave it there.  

Believe what you want.