Sign in to follow this  

Grid/Codemaster's killer

You will be a happier person and above all, you will learn more.

Great post,  just doesnt need the last part. 
Im more than happy thanks.  

Still not a believer though.  

@TUSMBOX,  Show me the replay. 
Can you prove he did use a keyboard? NO.  

It doesnt mean it didnt work for me,It had to work for me, there was no other option.  It was keyboard or dont play.  Years went buy, game pads were bought and binned, Then I stopped gaming for a few years, untill PGR4 on the xbox, and I had to get used to thumbsticks, which I didnt like at first.  But realised the're a better way of giving me more control.  

This is going nowhere,  

You say he did use a keyboard and I cant prove he didnt. 
I say he didnt use a keyboard, and you cant prove he did.  

So Im going to just leave it there.  

Believe what you want.   

Try to beat that. It's done with a keyboard. Got beaten by it.

http://youtu.be/Mj4Rwom1E_M

MrDeap said:

It doesnt mean it didnt work for me,It had to work for me, there was no other option.  It was keyboard or dont play.  Years went buy, game pads were bought and binned, Then I stopped gaming for a few years, untill PGR4 on the xbox, and I had to get used to thumbsticks, which I didnt like at first.  But realised the're a better way of giving me more control.  

This is going nowhere,  

Believe what you want.   

That guy was excellent.

I don't know how anyone can race using a keyboard, my fingers are big and just seem to get in the way of each other.

MrDeap said:

This is going nowhere,  

Believe what you want.   

Mr. Deap, its clear this guy is using keyboard from the get go, but are you sure he is ligit? I am having troubles accepting the S2000 (assuming it is JDM version, but even if it is the more powerfull one), can accelerate that fast and especially corner that fast. After the brigde you have all those fast corners and then you enter a tunnel... Before coming to work I did an attempt in Okutama for this week challenge using the F1 GTR and I came 5th in the PC, so not a bad run even if I still lack that extra that re-running gives. This guy does that corner in this car 40 km/h faster then what I can do in the GTR! His grip is insane, seems like he is driving a Formula car.

I saw the other day a guy in the Audi Legend car doing corners like that car couldnt leave the track even if he wanted to. To this day I still dont know what to think about it, because I could beat him, even if with great difficulty, using other cars (this guy is the one leading party mode this week and that did a 1m 35.7s lap in Algarve using a BMW Cat C car in Algarve in the Challenge from a few weeks back)... Have been trying diferent setups to try and emulate what I saw, but although had some success I still feel I am far from it.

My point being, if this is a ligit run, then I am really surprised I can win as many races as I do and can, resonably easy, do Top 10 times in race week challenges, because looking at this video, Wheel seems to be several seconds each km slower then keyboard, at least in those tracks.

Oh well... The car seems on rails really.

PS: LOL... Just saw that was on Grid 2! :X Forget what I said... :X

Its Grid 2, Id have beaten that easily. 

Easily, I don't think so, but still.... It's done with a keyboard.

It's beatable, but not by much. What result do you get by trying it or you don't have Grid 2? At worst just look at the leaderboard time on the 360.

Basically a keyboard palyer makes up for the lack of ability to do anything other than 1s and 0s by varying the rate at which they press the key. I reckon because the travel in the analog stick is pretty low (you have to be quite sensitve for example to use variable acceleration on a controller becuase there is a short distance between full on and off) there is probably not that much difference between a controller and keyboard. Sometimes when I use a controller I just nudge it left and right (probably not the fastest way of doing it) a few times to get rounfd a curve, rather than holding it in position - this is equivalent to using keys. My guess is that there is a lot of difference between a wheel and a controller/keyboard and if the game is a proper sim this would probably reflect in the time IF compensations aren't made for the different control methods (which we know they are).

MrDeap said:
Its Grid 2, Id have beaten that easily. 

Easily, I don't think so, but still.... It's done with a keyboard.

It's beatable, but not by much. What result do you get by trying it or you don't have Grid 2? At worst just look at the leaderboard time on the 360.

Yes, im fairly confident that that time is beatable. Mercedes C63 AMG, fully upgraded on power only would have smashed that time by a couple of seconds I believe.   I remember a power lap around that route, the best times were 2.13 and that was Tier 1. Perhaps you could argue that is a hard time to beat with that specific car, but that's about it.

Oh yes the leaderboards :) No one really put any effort in them, did they? 

"Ive beaten your time and ive only used two flashbacks!"  

I have Grid 2, but it will NEVER be going back into my Xbox.  

I mastered Grid 2, and forgot it.  I only play 1 racing game at a time.  

As for leaderboards in Grid 2, there arnt any.  Only Global challenge, and I topped most of the powerlaps, and checkpoints.  

racrguy66 said:
I agree withyou, the game should work out of the box. 

But.....

No internet?  Do you play with a keyboard? 

Join the 21st century,   GET ONLINE. 

:smiley: 

I never said I personally do not have internet. Seems to me you look for posts that you can read and then try to insult people. You must live a lonely dreadful life to always be posting negative things on every thread I see your name in. Hope you find peace in your life soon, you are quite an unhappy little person.
Where is the insult bro? 

I merely suggest you joined the 21 century, and get online.  

:smile: 

LMAO, no insult here.  
You must live a lonely dreadful life, thinking thats an insult. 
Im not sure about peace, (noisey neighbours etc..) but im very happy thanks.  
Maybe its you thats unhappy,  please dont judge me by your own unhappy depressed standards.  Thanks.  

:smile: 

The only thing Im unhappy with, is the state this game was released in, and the state its in now, and they fact that I have to encounter countless numbers of noobs and idiots, who cannot race, on a racing game.  

racrguy66 said:
You dont think telling someone to move into the 21st  century or what do you play with a k eyboard is derogatory? I guess i should feel even more sorry for you as you are socially ignorant or a fool.
No, I dont.  
You have got all butt hurt for no reason.  :)

The 21st century is a world of smart devices, the internet plays a big part in todays world.  

Thanks for the personal insult though .

How soon will the consoles be getting the fix to this freezing?  

@Loore posted on Steam: 
We’re busy putting the final touches together for the latest GRID Autosport patch for PC, which we're expecting to go live later this week. Changes include support for the upcoming Drag Racing DLC pack, along with fixes around vehicle upgrades and improvements made to the official playlists. 

Alongside this we’re pleased to announce that we are adding Oculus Rift support to GRID Autosport. 

• Oculus Rift - Added code support to enable Oculus Rift compatibility, coupled with minor optimisations for the virtual reality experience. For more details please seethis[blog.codemasters.com] 
  • Drag mode addition - Additional code for the new "Drag" race mode. 
  • Community Requested Fix - Repair costs of high mileage vehicles get progressively too high, this has been resolved. 
  • Community Requested Fix - Increased variety of tracks found within playlist events. 
  • Online Fix - To improve the online experience, player impact ratings are now enabled by default. 
  • Community Requested Fix - Vehicle upgrades were fully functional even when vehicle tuning is disabled, this has been resolved. 
  • DLC Support - Various fixes to ensure full compatibility of the Drag DLC, which contain new tracks, cars and game modes. 
  • Online Fix - Resolved sporadic instances of network games loading into the race with just your team mate, despite having more players in the lobby. 
  • Stability Improvement - Improved stability of the game under certain strained scenarios within the track select screen. 
  • Stability Improvement - Improved stability for multi event sessions when using the checkpoint game mode. 
  • Community Gift – We will be rewarding all players with 500,000 in-game cash when the patch is applied. This is a small thank you to all who have supported the GRID series and the active community who have given us their constructive feedback.

I guess it wont be anytime soon, 
We'll looks like the 360 won't get the patch this week comming up. Gotta wait till next month or even 2months. Thank you Codie's. We all want some type comp for this problem on the 360 console.

racrguy66 said:
You know whats the funniest part? I have internet and smartphone, laptop ect.... I was simply making a statement that game dev are relying too much on " fixing " a game rather than releasing a working title out of the box like they use to have to do, and there are some people where internet is unavailable or very costly that purchase games that do not work and are out of luck. Games should be sold completed and not rely on the fact that they can just "patch" it later. If we continue to buy and support this practice, it will never change. 
You know what they funniest part is................  I agreed with you the 1st time. and I agree now.  

You just got all upset.  

No internet.........join the 21st century.  :smile:   Can you see that smile??? 

Based on what I'm reading it sounds to me like it's more an online problem really in that CM struggle to figure out how to do a good online experience. Single player wise all their games are great as I've not hada problem with any of CM's games including Autosport in terms of making them work and run as they should.

I must disagree.  I was on GAS last week doing the career mode.  Up to season 40 and the game froze up twice on me.

There are NOT alot of fast keyboard players out there at all.  I reckon ZERO. 
There ARE a few who claim to be fast keyboard players.  But they are telling porkies. 
BRB Making video with keyboard inputs. Expect it in a day or two.

@Amphydoodle I only watched 3 seconds. This proves nothing.  

You can insert the keyboard overlay all you want.  You could put that over one of my xbox videos.  

LMAO - Proves absolutely nish.  

Next..........

If you actually paid attention to the way the car's acting and the key highlights, you can clearly see I'm driving with a keyboard. There's also the "select" command at the end of the race, labeled as the Enter key, as you may know. What you ALSO know, is that with a controller, that's labeled with an A button.

Come on, it's not rocket science. You're in denial and it's actually disturbing how blinded by pride and naivety you are that you can't see the obvious. Or maybe it's because you know you can't replicate that time on a controller and wish to hide your sense of shame by downplaying blatant proof.

Edit: Completely forgot I had the menu + loading segment in the video as well. The keyboard labels are there too, which is yet another obvious bit of proof. But if you only watched 3 seconds of it, you didn't even actually look at any of the gameplay, which means you took no effort to see anything. Maybe that's why you're a bad driver, you only think of yourself and nothing more. With how narrow minded you are, it's a surprise you're not "kick on sight" in every single lobby yet.

@sjsharp2010 Thank you, sir! I also have a Super Tourers one that I'm going to be uploading overnight, if you care for me to link it here. Otherwise, it'll sit on Youtube for eventual passerbys to see.

@sjsharp2010 Thank you, sir! I also have a Super Tourers one that I'm going to be uploading overnight, if you care for me to link it here. Otherwise, it'll sit on Youtube for eventual passerbys to see.
you can if you want too. I play on keyboard as  well mostly because I find it the most comfortable control system to use on  racing games for PC I'm not normally sa good as that but I do my best.