Sign in to follow this  

How about allowing a Grid 2 trade in?

I notice the pre-order price of Grid Autosport is about £45 on amazon. I assume it will be a similar price, if not more, on steam at launch.

How about allowing Grid 2 purchasers to trade in Grid 2 to get say 50% off the new game?

Would that not be fair?

We're currently looking into Steam and what we can do, this isn't in no means a promise but we are looking at it.

That is fair enough. A much better answer than I was expecting.

I can only speak for myself, but if you allow me to get a reasonable amount back for the trade in of grid 2 on steam then I will happily buy grid autosport.

I know I seem to be pretty harsh about codemasters but if you play fair by me then I will play fair by you. At the end of the day we all just want a decent grid game to play.

Think I will finish single player on grid 2 between now and June and then hopefully, you will allow a trade in.

£45 are you kidding me? think ill wait til after release for this one. 

Yep, there is no way in a million years that I would pay £45 for this. Not without a demo anyway.

I only got my original PS3 Grid 2 because I got it for £27 on release day with a voucher I had. I sold it 2 weeks later for the same price I paid for it.

£45 is a joke. Make it £35 for everyone and £20 for people trading in grid 2. That seems about right to me.

Wow, PC £39.99 on Amazon... :-O

I thought sgll and ewaawoowaa got it wrong somehow.

Anyways, I totally agree with the previous sentiments regarding a discount for Grid 2. I played for 19.9hrs on/after release day, after pre-purchasing, and was so disappointed that I never played it again. And online was a nightmare...

P.S. I don't think pricing has been finalized as of yet as an Amazonian I know said that what was on the website was a type of placeholder amount they use when they haven't a concrete price.

P.P.S, Sorry for the strange grammar and composition - I'm absolutely knackered after driving back from Europe. Solo drive, 1,069miles in one day... Ouch!

Its more expensive then Grid2? I pre-purchased G2 in other country. I think discount would be fair, but even with 50% discount its very very overpised. im dissapoint again, so sad cm.

I'd almost guarantee the pc (steam) version will be <£25 from several places pre/on release.  That's always been the pattern, at least in the U.K.

*edit*
early days but already found it for <£30  here (might be a retail version)

I'd almost guarantee the pc (steam) version will be <£25 from several places pre/on release.  That's always been the pattern, at least in the U.K.

*edit*
early days but already found it for <£30  here (might be a retail version)
Hi Joe, yup, totally agree re. the price - normal pricing for PC games circa £25. And thanks for the heads up re. gamespier.com. Have stumbled across them before, keen pricing, but have never purchased from them.

sgll said:
£45 are you kidding me? think ill wait til after release for this one. 
Pre-order prices on Amazon are nearly always high, and nearly always come down nearer the time. It’s to cover their arses on their price promise.

Steam can achieve this very nicely, for example, strike suit zero directors cut is offered at 85% discount to owners of the original strike suit zero.  A similar incentive (albeit I wouldn't expect 85%!) could help build online racer numbers much more quickly for the benefit of us all.

DJ007 said:
Steam can achieve this very nicely, for example, strike suit zero directors cut is offered at 85% discount to owners of the original strike suit zero.  A similar incentive (albeit I wouldn't expect 85%!) could help build online racer numbers much more quickly for the benefit of us all.
Building online numbers isn't the problem - keeping quality of online racing high enough is.

Nutopian said:
What about petition ? @-)
For what, for the Prime Minister to resign? :-D

i would have paid ££ for grid1 if i had known it was going to be so good,the price is irrelevant if the game is up to scratch ie as good if not better than grid1

ml66ok said:
i would have paid 100£ for grid1 if i had known it was going to be so good,the price is irrelevant if the game is up to scratch ie as good if not better than grid1
Edit your message so it says £30, otherwise it may give them ideas... ;-)

ml66ok said:
i would have paid 100£ for grid1 if i had known it was going to be so good,the price is irrelevant if the game is up to scratch ie as good if not better than grid1
G2 not deserved my money, im sorry for wasting. But i love Dirt2,3, Fuel, Grid1, i bought it all twice, and not regret. It doesnt matter, how good will G Autosport. Need discount. Because its fair.

Loore said:
We're currently looking into Steam and what we can do, this isn't in no means a promise but we are looking at it.
Thank you for even considering it. I am sure G2 appealed to a lot of people, but I maintain the name Grid Showdown would have helped many of us who thought it was a continuation of the TOCA/Race Driver series make our decision to purchase.

Even if nothing comes of it, I appreciate the fact that is being considered.

Rapster said:

DJ007 said:
Building online numbers isn't the problem - keeping quality of online racing high enough is.
I disagree, once bitten twice shy.  People have long memories and tight wallets.

DJ007 said:
Rapster said:

DJ007 said:
I disagree, once bitten twice shy.  People have long memories and tight wallets.
I'm with you on that statement - once bitten, twice shy. Before Grid 2 I wouldn't have hesitated in pre-purchasing, but since THAT game I'm in two minds as to what to do. I will probably wait until after release, as I'm sure quite a few will.

''Owners of GRID 2 will receive a 10% discount on their prepurchase.''

on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255220/

It all helps.

on Steam.

It all helps.
where is an official statement that there is? on steam it costs 10% more than with an retailer like bol.com

on Steam.

It all helps.
where is an official statement that there is? on steam it costs 10% more than with an retailer like bol.com
It says on steam, below the picture, just above ''About the game''. Thats it so-far.