Jump to content Jump to content

Inside Sim Racing.......... Without a clue!!!

I agree he doesn't follow F1 as I gathered that from his Grid Autosport review videos I watched back when that was being promoted as he reviewed that and commented that he wasn't familiar with the track which was Hockenheim at the time which is also a big well known F1 track he's also reviewing P cars at the moment so he knows his stuff. He was probably just having a bad day we all get them from time to time.

I think he can be forgiven a little bit though because F1 isn't as big in the US as it is over here. But then they have their own racing disciplines Indycar and Nascar I guess to keep that appetite flowing.

I agree he doesn't follow F1 as I gathered that from his Grid Autosport review videos I watched back when that was being promoted as he reviewed that and commented that he wasn't familiar with the track which was Hockenheim at the time which is also a big well known F1 track he's also reviewing P cars at the moment so he knows his stuff. He was probably just having a bad day we all get them from time to time.

I think he can be forgiven a little bit though because F1 isn't as big in the US as it is over here. But then they have their own racing disciplines Indycar and Nascar I guess to keep that appetite flowing.

As an American I can honestly say that NASCAR is boring to watch. Indy might be better, I'm sure it is, but I haven't watched any of it. 

I live in a state where there are tons of rednecks and they all like their stupid dirt track racing crap. I know people from all around my area and only one of them actually watches F1 with me. Sad, really.

As an American I can honestly say that NASCAR is boring to watch. Indy might be better, I'm sure it is, but I haven't watched any of it. 

I live in a state where there are tons of rednecks and they all like their stupid dirt track racing crap. I know people from all around my area and only one of them actually watches F1 with me. Sad, really.
well indy car is very similar to F1 although the competition I think is moer equal than in F1 though this is based on what I've seen I'v ewatched the odd race but the only motorsport I tend to watch religiously is F1

As far as Simracingonline is concerned, I'm not sure he's really a hardcore racing fan of any discipline.  He is hardcore into simracing though as they've been around for a while now.  Moreso into iRacing and other sim titles, but they review everthing to appease the masses.  I personally enjoy his reviews as he's not an elite driver and its more in line with my driving skills and how I experience games. 

That's a pretty bad video. Inside Sim Racing embarrassed themselves by releasing this video. I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of this as he had no idea what he was doing and I didn't feel like watching him mess around with the setting as anyone can do that.

First of all, why was he so worried about finding the DRS trigger when he was going too slow to even activate it? Another thing, if you're such a fan of racing games and work for a company that is supposed to know all about them, why do you need assists? True racers with skill and finesse don't want to be bothered with assists slowing them down. The video could use some editing. Not too many people want to watch someone fiddle around with the settings.

Sorry for the outburst, this video just irritates me.
Used to be a huge NASCAR fan myself. But Ive faded off after the introduction of the chase. And it seems their primary goal is to make the chase as dumb and luck decided as possible. First 26 races are pretty much pointless now. I've only watched parts of a few races this year.

Still love racing ovals in games though. Sadly there hasn't been a good nascar game in many years.

On the flip side, I like F1 a lot, but due to the abnormal times it comes on, I'm generally unable to watch it.
What happened to that little guy, Shaun Cole and Jessica Lopez? Did they all get in a fight?
Creepy Uncle Shaun* and Darin did, anyway. Shaun went off to form The Sim Pit instead. Meanwhile, Darin seems to be losing both fans and channel sponsors.

(*For the avoidance of doubt, that’s not an allegation. He seems like a nice chap. I just always think he looks and sounds like a creepy uncle!)
What happened to that little guy, Shaun Cole and Jessica Lopez? Did they all get in a fight?
Creepy Uncle Shaun* and Darin did, anyway. Shaun went off to form The Sim Pit instead. Meanwhile, Darin seems to be losing both fans and channel sponsors.

(*For the avoidance of doubt, that’s not an allegation. He seems like a nice chap. I just always think he looks and sounds like a creepy uncle!)
HAHAHA I couldn't agree more LOLOLOL. 
As an American, I live in downtown Chicago and I don't know anyone who watches any racing at all except me. And I only watch F1.
Yep I live in California now, and the only people I know who are Americans and like it are the people I race with over at Precision Racing League.  Which is not a bad thing really, but its NASCAR by a wide margin.... but even then motor racing takes a back seat to all the other sports.

Since I got into F1, I have no been to a few INDY races, the Long Beach GP and the big Oval in Fontana, and I have to say that watching INDY in person is really enjoyable.  I plan to go to Austin for the next GP, and cannot wait to see some F1 in person!!
OGFedfan said:

As far as Simracingonline is concerned, I'm not sure he's really a hardcore racing fan of any discipline.  He is hardcore into simracing though as they've been around for a while now.  Moreso into iRacing and other sim titles, but they review everthing to appease the masses.  I personally enjoy his reviews as he's not an elite driver and its more in line with my driving skills and how I experience games. 

I agree I enjoyed his reviews on Grid Autosport as well. watching him having a go at the early stage of Autosport's career mode was good fun.

That's a pretty bad video. Inside Sim Racing embarrassed themselves by releasing this video. I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of this as he had no idea what he was doing and I didn't feel like watching him mess around with the setting as anyone can do that.

First of all, why was he so worried about finding the DRS trigger when he was going too slow to even activate it? Another thing, if you're such a fan of racing games and work for a company that is supposed to know all about them, why do you need assists? True racers with skill and finesse don't want to be bothered with assists slowing them down. The video could use some editing. Not too many people want to watch someone fiddle around with the settings.

Sorry for the outburst, this video just irritates me.

He might not need assists and you might not need them either but I think he's going through them just to show what assists are available in the game because there are people out there believe it or mot that do use them I happen to be one such person. I would rather it was covered and shown what's available than just be forgotten about. As for the DRS button I guess he's mainly a PC racer and is used to his PC setup because all the vids I've seen him do were on a PC build. I've tried using wheels in the past and have had trouble trying to figure out what button does what so I know what he's going through. That's why these days I just stick with controller or keyboard.

OGFedfan said:
He is hardcore into simracing though as they've been around for a while now.  Moreso into iRacing and other sim titles, but they review everthing to appease the masses. 
Yes, I really liked Darin's first review of  F1 2011 for the PS3. He was completely spot on, in that that version was way worse than XBOX or PC graphically. At that time, I was playing on PS3 and then switched to XBOX for F1 2012. Then I switched to PC for 2013 and saw the differences for myself.

And yes, Darin does review everything. I saw his DriveClub and Forza Horizon 2 videos and I noticed he kept a lot of his personal opinions to himself. That's why I was even more surprised to see him so opinionated in this video.