Sign in to follow this  

QOTW #7: Who will you start your career with?

Time for another question, and today I'm asking who you're gonna start your F1 2014 career with. Unfortunately the poll has just 10 options so the final option is for both Marussia and Caterham. Are you going to start down low and work your way up, or are you going to start at the top and stay there?

I'll probably start with the McLaren team as I don't really want to start with a bottom team but at the same time. I'd like a challenge I think so will probably go with a middle team like McLaren and figure things out from there

I'll give Mercedes a try since it's my favorite car, but if it's too easy, I'll have to switch to probably Williams/McLaren/Ferrari. There's hope though, since I think this game seems to be harder than previous games.

Marussia...of course...!

That's the best way to learn the skill of driving an F1 car. I did the complete 2012 season with this car and I learned a lot while adjusting the setup of the car in dry or wet qualif and races. That's a very difficult car to drive and the only minor changes in setup has an effect. Driving the best car on the grid cannot give you the same knowledge in my point of view. By the way, I managed to beat my Marussia Partner Timo glock almost all season long and I've got many offers to upgrade to better teams, which I refused all 2012 season long...

I usually go with a team that has a rookie in the car that year. Was Virgin in 2010, Williams 2011, STR 2012 and Sauber last year. Though I might just go with Williams this year. Simply because I actually quite like the livery even though it's wrong. Personally prefer it without the red in it.
If I follow my usual trend though then it would definitely have to be Mclaren.

Toro Rosso. They're my favorite team since they entered the sport. They have improved over the past few years so I'm excited to see how the game will portray the cars. I always start out with Toro Rosso every year so this year should be interesting to have a Toro Rosso team mate to score points as well.

Very surprising Williams is leading this poll, will people stick to their word when they find out Williams are not as quick in the game as they have been in the real season as some have mentioned?
Im gonna go Kimi in the Ferrari on legend with no assists, I expect to struggle and be well behind Alonso but that will make it even more realistic since Kimi hasn't been able to see Alonso's rear wing after about lap 2 for most races this season.

When the new "choose your constructor" feature was announced roughly in August,i thought ok i ve been through hell for 4 years already, this time i ll just pick a big team (Mercedes namely:) ).
Now that release is coming up though, i decided to start from nothing again:)!
Actually in 2012 and 2013 since i used the YTD feature, i ended up starting at Williams(12) and Lotus (13) so those two years were not that bad...i want to start in a real backmarker again now!
So i just have to pick my poison between Caterham and Marussia. That CT05 nose sure is ugly.

The only reason i choose red bull is because i'm doing an ultimate carrer mode which invloves starting in the 2010 game and when you have done 1 season, go to f1 2011 with the team you signed with in 2010, so in 2013 i was in lotus and finished 3rd in the championship and now going to red bull

When the new "choose your constructor" feature was announced roughly in August,i thought ok i ve been through hell for 4 years already, this time i ll just pick a big team (Mercedes namely:) ).
Actually in 2012 and 2013 since i used the YTD feature, i ended up starting at Williams(12) and Lotus (13) so those two years were not that bad...i want to start in a real backmarker again now!
So i just have to pick my poison between Caterham and Marussia. That CT05 nose sure is ugly.
Hopefully a bottom team can compete. In F1 2012, choosing Caterham/Marussia/HRT was a lonely race for me. Way behind the Toro Rossos and way ahead of the other Cat/Mar/HRT guys. Easy and lonely 19th place every time for me.

Stevomock said:
Hopefully a bottom team can compete. In F1 2012, choosing Caterham/Marussia/HRT was a lonely race for me. Way behind the Toro Rossos and way ahead of the other Cat/Mar/HRT guys. Easy and lonely 19th place every time for me.
Yeah mate, i kinda want to feel that way again. I remember starting in HRT in 2010...Bahrein felt so deserted if you know what i mean

Stevomock said:
Yeah mate, i kinda want to feel that way again. I remember starting in HRT in 2010...Bahrein felt so deserted if you know what i mean
Don't you want other cars to battle with though?

I like nothing but pure speed so i am jumping straight onto the best car. Mercedes AMG Petronas. Prolly going to race as Nico. Never liked Lewis.as a driver, driving style and attitude.

I will start my Career in Co-op with my brother, but we will race with Force India for sure. Mediocre car, so it will be a real challenge to score points. But that makes it interesting, as - in my opinion - it is better to start at the bottom.

Stevomock said:
Stevomock said:

Don't you want other cars to battle with though?
Of course, yes, that will happen from Season 2 onwards :)

I do like starting with the lower teams but I only usually get thruogh 2 seasons or so as I play full races, used to actually do more seasons with all the practise sessions in as it was fun doing full race simulations, finding when the tyres dropped off and adjusting setups to get good tyre management and speed. So lose interest when I just keepi restarting P3 its not the same. Rather Red Bull, McLAren or Marrusia. Wish they would get rid of the tier system though. And just do a percentage handling system like Grand Prix World does, Mercs should be in their own tier if they do it this way!

Won’t be getting it until it hits the bargain buckets this time (or some obliging relative gives it to me for Christmas), but Williams seem like they should be a good competitive-but-not-the-fastest option this year.

Won’t be getting it until it hits the bargain buckets this time (or some obliging relative gives it to me for Christmas), but Williams seem like they should be a good competitive-but-not-the-fastest option this year.
same here really I want to get it because it still looks fun but not at that price will probably buy in the steam sales and buy on download then. I've got my hands full finishing other things at the moment anyway. will wait till it drops to around £20 before considering

I will start with Lotus, not exactly the best car the first season, but that will be a challange and maybe become World Champion in Lotus... I guess cars can still develop each season in the game :P

FMassa93 said:
I will start with Lotus, not exactly the best car the first season, but that will be a challange and maybe become World Champion in Lotus... I guess cars can still develop each season in the game :P

Who knows if the teams can move up tiers? Codemasters never tell us? We have to figure it out ourselves.

i chose sauber bc after doing some practice races at australia to gauge my speed in the lower cars i found the marussia/caterham tier to be nowhere where last years game i could get them into the points but it seems with my driving style the new era f1 cars are much harder for me to get speedy laptimes bc my trick of hard into the corner and full power early for better exit with strong traction has ben tooken away from me im having to relearn how to go fast lol so i looked at the next tier up and the lotus felt horrid wich mad me sad bc im kicking butt in my 2013 career as kimi's teamate, so i looked at force india i had speed to get a toip 5 finish but i like perez an hulk so i didnt wanna replace them torro rosso was on the menu but i didnt wanna take kyvats spot im not a vergne fan so if i moove up to them season 2 its his seat im gunning for , as for mclarrens and williams i want buttons or massa's spot bc i like magnussen and bottas better lol so yeah i chose to replace the forest gump in 2nd sauber car and so far 6th (8 points australia) and 2nd (18 points in malaysia) looking good me happy

Probably Marussia. Though I tend to restart my career once the current one gets boring. And pretty much chose a different team each time to get a different scenario.