Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox one X multiplayer screentears

dazza83

Thanks for the xbox X patch. Game looks amazing now. And single player is great with a pretty solid framerate with very little tearing.
Multiplayer though has so much screen tearing it really ruins online racing. 

I have the game on pc also and the framerate is the same when either playing single or multi. So im not sure why playing multi on xbox X is tanking the framerate.

Possible a bug? If not can we have a slight res drop when playing in multiplayer to improve and make the framerate more stable.

• Codemasters Staff
Hello @dazza83, in multiplayer there are lots of things happening that just don't occur in single player so it's probably that something in there is a bit inefficient and causes other things to run more slowly all of which you see as screen tearing. I've made myself a note to look in to this but unfortunately we won't be able to do anything for F1 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
dazza83 said:
Thanks for the xbox X patch. Game looks amazing now. And single player is great with a pretty solid framerate with very little tearing.
Multiplayer though has so much screen tearing it really ruins online racing. 

I have the game on pc also and the framerate is the same when either playing single or multi. So im not sure why playing multi on xbox X is tanking the framerate.

Possible a bug? If not can we have a slight res drop when playing in multiplayer to improve and make the framerate more stable.
F1Support said:
Hello @dazza83, in multiplayer there are lots of things happening that just don't occur in single player so it's probably that something in there is a bit inefficient and causes other things to run more slowly all of which you see as screen tearing. I've made myself a note to look in to this but unfortunately we won't be able to do anything for F1 2017.

I cant agree @dazza83

In F1 17 i never had a race without big screen tearing or framedrops. Sometimes it was mit unplayable.
Since i have the Xbox One x, i can okay without and problems in my s reen. All look very nice. My league mates with a Xnox one x say the same, no problems.

Archived