Jump to content Jump to content

Pit Stop Times a Bit Slow

When I have been watching the videos from YouTubers, it looks like the average pitstop is around 3.6 seconds.  Last yr it was right around 3.2 seconds.

In real life it seems like the normal time is around 3.0 with the top teams commonly around 2.8 seconds and some even right around 2.0 seconds with a real good one.

I think the time needs to be a bit less, and also maybe add some diversity, I'm sure that this information isn't too too hard to come by.
simply put a puzzle system like F1 06.

A puzzle system adds human error factor to every pitstop, if you master it you go 1.8 and if you something you go 3.5 or maybe 4.

"But you don't see Vettel pressing random buttons on his wheel when he pits!" - would say someone against this idea.

"But indeed you also don't see A.I bots working in the pitlane"
Gui1 said:
simply put a puzzle system like F1 06.

A puzzle system adds human error factor to every pitstop, if you master it you go 1.8 and if you something you go 3.5 or maybe 4.

"But you don't see Vettel pressing random buttons on his wheel when he pits!" - would say someone against this idea.

"But indeed you also don't see A.I bots working in the pitlane"
I wouldn't prefer the player having control over pitstops. I think the pit system is good with the little randomness that it has, but it has to be much faster. I don't know how hard it is to make games, but it feels like something easy to fix, assuming it's not intentional.

I would also enjoy a rare pit mishap (as close to realistic pit times as possible, using actual pit time averages, frequencies of specific pit times, range of pit times, odds of horrible pitstop, etc.)

A lot of times, games will add a certain aspect of a game, but get the chance of occurrence all wrong. For example, safety car, and many other examples I can think of in other games. Although I don't blame codemasters for that because they're probably worried about people being bored, or in the case of pitstop screwup, pissed off. But I have to say my vote goes to realism.
Oh jesus no not stupid puzzly games this isnt an arcade game for 4 year olds -.- we want some kind of simulation aspects here, they need to speed them up and make it a bit more random but good old codies and their love for people who complain a lot wont add random cause theyre worried some 7 year old will attempt a full race then get messed up in the last pit stop and have a cry like a little baby -.- anyway atleast 3 second pitstops would be nice and we still have the issue of pit releases the damn guy holds u even when u have plenty of time to get out, so annoying -.-
Yeah I am not for minigames either.  But I think there should be a small amount of error where if a pitstop goes bad, it could potentially hold you up for like 5-6 seconds, but those should be very RARE occurrences.

Say like 80% of the time, stops are 2.6-3.2 seconds, 7% they are sub 2.5, and 3% they are above 3.2 - 6 seconds.  Again there has to be real world data on the percentages of this.  
This is annoying who made this stupid decision? I can't imagine a benefit to lengthening it, but I can immediately think of a problem - more chance of getting held up in the pits as you're stationary for longer which in turn equals less fun and more frustration.