Sign in to follow this  

Are you going to buy F1 2018?

Now that we know that the teammate bug and the aesthetic department of F1 2017 isn't going to be adressed anymore after we had to hold tight during several weeks of absolute radio silence and the fact that Codies still didn't give an official reply to the stolen '02 Ferrari model or to what they are currently working on to be patched, it seems as if the development cycle of F1 2017 is very likely "almost" finished leaving behind yet another year that will pass into oblivion.

Truly sad indeed.

What are your thoughts, will you be buying F1 2018 or do you believe that it's time for a boycott to give Codemasters a unified answer to their questionable practices?

Let us find out together!

Multiplayer didn't work in 2015, 2016 and now 2017. Bad support. No communication from the support guy. And when he does communicate the guy thinks he is a comedian.  Bugs dident get fixed in het last 3 titles. Company is a mess.

None of the above.

2nd hand not option on PC. Will wait for player reviews and make decision around a week after the release

I didn't buy this years and nobody has died. Apparently I can play it free with the trial on xbox this week? 

Lovely. Just enough gametime to realize I've done the right thing.

I won't buy it, because of the HALO. Don't wanna see how my eyes are killing me while I'm looking on the Halo. I won't pay such a high price to loose my eyes. No other reason. #NoHalo #LittleBitSarcasm #Eyes

Not buying again because of the same crap every year, getting really tired of this now, and of course the Halo rubbish. Goodbye F1....

Will definitely wait next year until I see what improvements and features have been made as well as player reviews, not the big name reviewers that probably already have a 9.5/10 pencilled in regardless of potential problems it could have 

Definitely not.  You don't release a faulty product, then abandon it, bug-ridden, with no further updates.  You just don't.

I started programming 31 years ago and have worked in the games industry since 1998.  If I'd released a game with glaring problems, easily reproducible and confirmed by hundreds of people, I'd either fix it or die of the shame.  "We can't fix that, it'll take too long" is a total cop-out.

It's just disgusting, Codemasters.  No more.  I'm done with your F1 games.

Maybe. I don't like the sound of the Halo but there's not much CM can do about that. I will wait this time to see what other players think of the game (I never trust reviews).

I have no qualms about it, if they head the information given by people about 2017 quality then I am certain they can make 2018 a better game, not on the first hurdle but within time

I have no qualms about it, if they head the information given by people about 2017 quality then I am certain they can make 2018 a better game, not on the first hurdle but within time
Many of us have been saying that since 2010...

I'll wait to decide whether or not to buy it until there's a sale somewhere with a very deep discount. I'm in no rush to play it as soon as it's released. If they're going to release partially functional games, then I'll wait until the games are available at partial price.

The game industry has repeatedly taught us launch day is not ready-to-play day.

If a game is not ready to play, then I'm not ready to pay.

I've learned to add at least 3 months (sometimes more) to most games' retail release date as a more realistic time-frame to consider them functional enough to be worth my money & my time.

I've got nothing to lose by waiting: I get a more functional game for my money (since there are always post-launch patches with fixes & improvements), and there are usually sales/discounts by then.

If I have to wait for patches anyway, then I see no point in paying up-front just to wait to play later after patches arrive.

If game companies want full retail price from me at launch, then game companies will have to release games that function better at launch.

I'll wait a month and then I'll buy it second hand because no way a buggy game is worth 60€
This for me, if it's not up to it then I won't bother at all

I don't always buy games second hand by any means, but next year's game will only be a second hand purchase for me, and then only after I've waited several month to see how many bugs asrise, their severity, and how Codemasters deal with it and treat members on the forum.

Then, and only then, having learnt my lesson, will I even consider the game...and no way at full price.

And anyone who has seen the attitude of Codemasters this last week should do the same.

We should be as selfish and greedy as them.

Don't let them earn anything from your purchase.

And if there are no second hand copies then that will be because there are no first hand copies, which is all they understand. 

I’m done. Don’t see why I should fork out £42 and get half a$$ed excuses and a poor attempt at a game, which they’ve have many years to perfect. 

2016 was my first F1 game since early 2000s and I was appalled then by the bugs and how long it took to repair the tyre wear issues.  2017, I thought CM could not possibly screw it up more given that base code should have been corrected and it was just enhancing their R&D system.  Now, after their respoonse they will never repair it and want us to just buy next years game where they 'hope' it will be fixed.... no seriously?  Never again.  2017 was returned for a full refund yesterday and I am only hanging around to see what CM migh actually learn from listening to us as customers, instead of just thinking they are right and we are whinging over 'small' issues.  Resting on their laurels with recent win of 2016 racing game of the year, supposedly this excuses them from being appathetic towards all of us. They are proud of their releases, while customers are appalled.

FRACTURED said:
I didn't buy this years and nobody has died. Apparently I can play it free with the trial on xbox this week? 

SO you haven't played it, therefore are very restricted as to what you can say. Anyone who doesn't play it and then carries on about how bad it is really is inaccurate

Im going to buy it because i like to play it. I dont play career and i don't play online so your issues and hang ups you are pouting about over and over again dont effect my gameplay or my decision to buy it. They are not my hangups nor are they my issues. If you are going to do polls then DONT do them just for the sole opportunity to have a chance to state your logic about this game or your logic about other people buying it. Dont fill the pole choices with mess like buying it translates into words like "Hope" or "not caring about the quality". Of course everyone here  cares about quality and in my little world of quick race weekends the quality is good. Make the choices we can pick not worded around slipping in your own opinion. I ask you to consider that if the game isnt playing like you wished it played, then it would save yourself alot of grieve if you  just put it away and move on. Life is to short to constantly be thinking about the career in this game doesnt function like you wish it did day after day after day.   

mceci1 said:
FRACTURED said:

SO you haven't played it, therefore are very restricted as to what you can say. Anyone who doesn't play it and then carries on about how bad it is really is inaccurate

So if a game has certain bugs, he can't say the game has those bugs because he didn't play the game? The bugs are still there though. And I never saw @FRACTURED say something bad about the game that isn't true. 

Oh you're so naive. Most people here thought the same 5 years ago. Now they know better. 
I still hope you're right but I have 0% faith in it.