Sign in to follow this  

Are you going to buy F1 2018?

Chromatic said:

F1 2017 is the best F1 game ever made. Until there's competition I'll buy and play the best. I have fun whenever I play it and after 100 hours I have only seen 1 bug.  o:)

Somebody needs to go too specsavers

Not really. This really is the best game by far considering the features and overall handling of the game. Yes, there are annoying bugs, mostly multiplayer, but those pretty much existed in all of the titles.

It depends on your experience of the game tbh. If single player is your thing it's understandable I only wish the online was as stable and the safety car deploys properly. Issues have existed in all the tiles in the last few years. It still doesn't excuse the fact they abandon issues still present with multiplayer after they've said it's been fixed. More support is needed. Instead of "sorry but we've taken your money we won't fix the online" blame it on your internet connection only for the cycle to continue again the following year.   

Yes it' good game career is just good this game if a offline game.. if you are a real F1 fan you buy 2018 simple there is no game without bugs. only rubbish thing is the alcohol sponsors like the Williams livery just put it in the game

Yes it' good game career is just good this game if a offline game.. if you are a real F1 fan you buy 2018 simple there is no game without bugs. only rubbish thing is the alcohol sponsors like the Williams livery just put it in the game
Completely agreed.  However, it's the halo that kills it for me as I play in cockpit view.  If I had vr and it was supported by the game, then I would definetly buy it because your eyes would learn to "see through" the center strut of the halo. My problem is I play on a 60" tv.  The center support of the halo is going to be a 3" black bar down the middle of my tv. I've seen what it looks like by hooking my friends gaming laptop with AC and halo f1 car to my tv to get a general idea. No thanks.  Unless there's an option to disable in cockpit view I'll be playing f12017 all through 2018. 

LOL! "Real F1 fans" want alcohol sponsors, not bug fixes! B)

...if you are a real F1 fan you buy 2018 simple
Guess I'll no longer be a 'real' f1 fan then. Buying a copy/paste game with new liveries meaning more than 25+ years watching the sport :wink:

FRACTURED said:
...if you are a real F1 fan you buy 2018 simple
Guess I'll no longer be a 'real' f1 fan then. Buying a copy/paste game with new liveries meaning more than 25+ years watching the sport :wink:

Agreed I get the impression in recent times some people would be happy with s**te when covered in sprinkles.  

F1 2017 is the best F1 game ever made.
LOL no.. just no.   Sure F1 2017 is a superb game (apart from the black track bug on PS4)
but the best ever?  nope.. 

The best ever F1 games are the Geoff Crammond series (F1GP, Grand Prix 2,3,4) they had features over TWENTY years ago that codemasters still cannot put in their games.

the only  game i'm  buying  is  a  game  ive  been  waiting  for 5  years or  more.. at  least  thats  how  long  it  seems..  maybe  longer...!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOTORSTORM !!!!!!!!!!!! (onrush). i  wouldnt  play f1 if  you gave  it  to  me  for  free, let  alone  buy  it

the only  game i'm  buying  is  a  game  ive  been  waiting  for 5  years or  more.. at  least  thats  how  long  it  seems..  maybe  longer...!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOTORSTORM !!!!!!!!!!!! (onrush). i  wouldnt  play f1 if  you gave  it  to  me  for  free, let  alone  buy  it
Phew. I've been waiting for Five years for this post. I thought we'd never hear from you again, but the rumors are true and you are still alive. I feel blessed that you've created an account and logged in, and let us know all is well. I'll let everyone else know for you.

See you around! Keep fighting the good fight! #VOTESWITHHISWALLET #MRSCHOKSONBACONLIVES

I purchased 2017 for $30Aus this week and apart from the crappy sounds love it so far.. it has grip which eluded me with Pcars.
Halo is the nail in the coffin for me though for 2018. Imagine forking out for a VR kit and capable PC upgrade to be looking through that like the Man In The Iron Mask.
Insult to injury is that in this game (to my knowledge) bodily health is not modelled.
How about the ability to break the halo crashing into some monkey bars or something before parc ferme?

peterf1 said:
Halo is the nail in the coffin for me though for 2018. Imagine forking out for a VR kit and capable PC upgrade to be looking through that like the Man In The Iron Mask.
Dude! I love that movie! Its a good one.

peterf1 said:
Dude! I love that movie! Its a good one.
dude, never seen it but I know what you mean. Hannibal movie then substituting metal for leather Halo.

Not until cheaper, if at all.

It's been the same case pretty much every year since 2010 with some sort of major bug in the gamr and staying there. And remember 2010 and the faked AI times? There's been positives but despite 2016 bringing back the career stuff, it has felt pretty similar often. And this is coming from soneone who buys Fifa every year.

I look forward to Codemasters taking all the content out again in 2 or 3 years. I'd hope the licence goes to someone else but I'm guessing there's at least a few years left on that as I believe they only renewed it fairly recently as I remember that Ian Bell  (who is a enormous amount of his last name) of SMS saying how SMS had given a last-minute pitch to get the licence. Hope his ego took a knock wih that one but I doubt it.

And I like how there's yet another community manager. Tune in next year when they are also replaced.

A lot of credit to @ImDyingYouIdiot, @FRACTURED, @Operator1 and @scottishwildcat as you've all been around a long time and on the not-so-many times I come here, your posts are always great. Either informative or amusing, and that's definitely in a good way.

Honestly, I don't really give a toss how Codemasters interact with their fanbase or whether there's an open beta... at the end of the day it's just a disposable video game that'll be ancient history 18 months from now.

I'll maybe buy it if's looking good a couple of months after release, and I won't if it's not.

Seriously said:
I won't buy it, because of the HALO. Don't wanna see how my eyes are killing me while I'm looking on the Halo. I won't pay such a high price to loose my eyes. No other reason. #NoHalo #LittleBitSarcasm #Eyes
If you won’t buy a game because of the halo you aren’t an F1 fan. Grow up and stop complaining, the halo is here, so deal with it. It is actually a pathetic reason to boycott a game. ???

I didn’t like the whole idea of the Halo at first. Many times I was joking but sometimes I was serious. But as time goes on the Halo has come to grow on me. I don’t even notice it during the races and it doesn’t infringe on the action so who cares! One piece of carbon fiber is not going to stop me from buying F1 2018 which I am sure will be a great game.

I didn’t like the whole idea of the Halo at first. Many times I was joking but sometimes I was serious. But as time goes on the Halo has come to grow on me. I don’t even notice it during the races and it doesn’t infringe on the action so who cares! One piece of carbon fiber is not going to stop me from buying F1 2018 which I am sure will be a great game.

This is exactly what I was trying to tell people for months. Lol. Once it is incorporated in the car you will hardly notice it. the only reason it looked alot worst imo b4 was because it stuck out like a sore thumb due to it not being mixed in with the livery properly and also the fact we'd seen the cars without it on. 
The more people get hung up on it, the worst they will see it.

haydn23 said:

This is exactly what I was trying to tell people for months. Lol. Once it is incorporated in the car you will hardly notice it. the only reason it looked alot worst imo b4 was because it stuck out like a sore thumb due to it not being mixed in with the livery properly and also the fact we'd seen the cars without it on. 
The more people get hung up on it, the worst they will see it.
Yeah I was concerned about the look of the halo but it's fine. I've watched all four races and have barely even noticed the halo (it helps that the races have been very good, of course). As for F1 2018, I'll bide my time and see what people on here think of the game. It's a bad idea to pre-order IMO.

The halo itself I've ended up not minding. But that new graphic they superimpose over the halo, yuk. 

I think its good fun although I find it more and more difficult to control aspects of the game due to the fact I play with a controller. I feel like the game is and will push further towards people with wheels rather than controllers. Of course that will please a bunch of people but growing up from the first ever f1 game on playstation, I've always been a controller man. The game itself I will always buy due to my love of F1 regardless of quality/licence holder etc.

Honestly, I don't really give a toss how Codemasters interact with their fanbase or whether there's an open beta... at the end of the day it's just a disposable video game that'll be ancient history 18 months from now.

I'll maybe buy it if's looking good a couple of months after release, and I won't if it's not.

tbh that's kind of how I feel if it's got features I like the look of I'll get it if not I'll probably give it a miss and stick with 2017 as it has everything I want from an F1 game anyway.

Buy your 2018 F1 ticket packages with F1 Experiences and you’ll benefit from unique access to pit lane walks, behind-the-scenes paddock tours, drive the track tours and more. Ticket packages for the most popular races are already selling out, so get in quick for the F1 experience of a lifetime  https://mobdro.ooo

Usually I would buy with preorder like everytime. This time I'm going for a year abroad, so no F1 2018 for me.