Sign in to follow this  

WRC 2018 Thread - Nope, use the old one please

It's time for a new thread for the new season!

We leave the quite exciting season of 2017 behind us, and the teams are starting to get finalized. The big question mark is M-Sport and Ogier. 

What are your thoughts and predictions for the season to come?

Countdown to the Monte already anyone?

Dytut said:

We leave the quite exciting season of 2017 behind us, and the teams are starting to get finalized. The big question mark is M-Sport and Ogier. 

What are your thoughts and predictions for the season to come?

I think Ogier will stay at M-Sport thanks to some funding from Ford. But I think next year it will be Neuville who will get the title, hopefully after a great battle!

Another season-long battle between Ogier and Neuville. If Hyundai can make a more reliable car, and if M-Sport keep doing what they're doing, then I couldn't predict a champion. Mikkelsen and Tanak (Toyota's progress willing) will get closer to becoming champions soon too. Meeke and Latvala will get further away.

Yeah I also believe Ogier will stay at M-Sport, and I'm 50/50 if it's going to be full Ford or M-Sport but with a lot more Ford backing.

As for the title, I do think it'll be Neuville next year since he's had the speed but lacked somewhat in consistency this year and I think he's learned his lesson. 
But there are quite a few contenders now.
Ogier, of course. He's the man to beat, and he's smart about his driving.
Mikkelsen will probably suffer a bit due to not having been in the car enough and do some overdriving, so don't think he'll be in it for the full season. But if he finds a good feeling in the car, he might be a challenger.
Meeke might be up there, but even if the Citroën gets better next year I still doubt he has the consistency to do it.
Both Latvala and Tänak could do it, but the Yaris needs a bit of a boost in reliability and some extra speed on their slow rallies for it to happen.

So Neuville and Ogier as the heavy hitters slugging it out for the whole season, but Mikkelsen, Latvala and Tänak right on their heels for any mistake.