Sign in to follow this  

Drag Pack is here, today&tomorrow and long explained in Codies Blog

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/10/grid-autosport-drag-racing/

Cool!! i´m not a big fan in that but a great challenge to learn a new style for me and i think that is very well suited by CM in GAS, i hope.

@Loore  For PS3 it will come with the update patch for consoles wich fixed other issues??  i read that is the same patch that enable Drag Mode and fix the issues listed like tunning and upgrades working, damages and repair cost etc...

Salute!!

@NhraRacer‌ rthis has to make your day if not year!!

A 1955 Chevy Gasser, and real Funny Cars ie. Mowtown Missle. Regardless of Xbox freezing issues I am very impressed and this is not even a question I am buying it. And praying maybe buying it will fix the freezing issue. 

Also if the Drag Racing works the way it is explained, this is awesome. Staging at the start & the risk of false starts is something the mighty Forza never bothered to put in they're games (not sure about Forza 5). As well as wheelies. IMHO this is the best most original dlc content you all have come out with in a very long time. Are you serious a mile  B)

there was a patch released yesterday.

I had no crashes and noticed repair costs are lower than before :)
Yes!! yesterday i was unfaithful with Grid AS; i was trying DriveClub :p; so i didn´t noticed about it. Thanks.

Salute.

Hmmmmm just what the Xbox 360 players wanted to hear.
Unless this means we are going to get our games fixed today? In which case it's marvellous news.

Fellow Xboxer's lend me your ears, I mean eyes. I would not recommend tyring to download this pack through then in-game link. I went to the Marketplace and seems to be downloading without any problems.

If you do not know where to find it go to Games, hit Browse Games, then scroll over to where it has Add Ons and hit that. Scroll over to find the one marked Drag Pack. I hope this keeps the downloading debacle demons away. 

hope to see some video's soon , wondering how the online lobby system workd ( 2 at a time,bracket racing ??)
It is 2 at a time Qualify 2 passes, Quarter-Finals 2 passes each lane, Semi-Finals 2 passes each lane, & Finals 2 passes each lanes. Winner is the person with the best run out of the 2 passes. Tuning between rounds. This is how it works in the Championship & Custom Cups.

In Custom Cups you can pick any class of cars to run except drift I think. I have not had a chance to see if it is the same for Online Custom Cups.

God Lord are the Drag Cars BEASTS!!!! They are anything but, boring. The Funny Cars are violent and scary. The Gasser's are just a little less scary. I am just about to attempt a mile in the Funny Cars. I hit 380+ MPH in 3/4 mile. So I would imagine 400 is very attainable in a mile. For a redneck like me this is just awesome!!!

I wonder if the online is only racing "ghost " because i cant see how a lobby would work

Maybe similar to Touge/Faceoff in GRID 2, just split everyone up into 1v1's.

@NhraRacer‌ rthis has to make your day if not year!!

A 1955 Chevy Gasser, and real Funny Cars ie. Mowtown Missle. Regardless of Xbox freezing issues I am very impressed and this is not even a question I am buying it. And praying maybe buying it will fix the freezing issue. 

Also if the Drag Racing works the way it is explained, this is awesome. Staging at the start & the risk of false starts is something the mighty Forza never bothered to put in they're games (not sure about Forza 5). As well as wheelies. IMHO this is the best most original dlc content you all have come out with in a very long time. Are you serious a mile  B)
:). Looking forward to trying this out. 

I'll dust off my blonde wig, spotty frock, fishnets and stillettos in anticipation of the Steam update. ;)

edit: arrrgh, just read to end of the blog;
When does it Release?
  • Tuesday 14th October – North America :\
  • Wednesday 15th October – Europe :'(

NhraRacer said:
Damn no burnout to heat tires for proper launch. Still fun.
The burnout animation screen is pretty cool though. And it works with every car that I have tried so far. The Indycar burnouts are pretty cool, and the Miglia is pretty funny it is just a small little chirp. Ineed to try some other cars too. 

I have a tough time using the clutch with the Funny Car. For my fingers it is just too much going on for them to keep up.

has anybody tried the clutch in non drag pack races yet ?  I see the option in the settings ,just wondering if you can feather the clutch into corner at "spa "

I do not think you can use the clutch except for the Drag Pack. 

One awesome thing CM did is that once you cross the center line it shuts your race down. So people that hate to lose will not be able to wreck you to try and win. 

What a blast this content is! Nice job Codemasters! This content alone was worth my season pass price! Thank You! :) 

NhraRacer said:
What a blast this content is! Nice job Codemasters! This content alone was worth my season pass price! Thank You! :) 
My only gripe with this dlc is it should have been released earlier, or been a part of the game from the beginning and add more drag cars along the way.