Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the hell happened codemasters?

enamel said:
I love the schizophrenia of this community. "D4 sucks, where's my D4 content ?!"

...Or the schizophrenia of game companies that repeatedly alternate between full engagement with customers before release when they're promoting sales for upcoming titles, only to implement full radio silence after release when customers have questions & concerns about the games they bought.

SERIOUSLY,you couldnt tell that this is the same developer that released Dirt,granted that was EA.Still, this once a month chime in ,is embarrassing.
   All have to be a "secret' ,im not buying it.Transperancy,or at least a pretend one,would go a long way and people wouldnt be upset.I bought both PS4 and PC copies,and would like to see development of a such a good base game come along.

I think those of us that still play D4 everyday are still hopeful that DLC is still a thought.   I think combining rally with rally cross and landrush might have been to much.  But I'll say this for all the people that still play landrush and rally cross, there is still so much potential here it not even funny. Landrush - add asphalt tracks with steel jumps, racing in the snow, more tracks available
Rallycross - more tracks that are actually on the GRC circuit.
Partner up with redbull on some of this stuff.... Bungie did it with Destiny and redbull has no buy in to shooters.
I think that if CM would add some DLC content they players that left would come back, and the ones that are here would stay for a long time.

G34rbox said:
Rallycross - more tracks that are actually on the GRC circuit.
DiRT4 is partnered with the World Rallycross Championship (WRX) Not Global Rallycross (GRC) So getting Grc tracks is probably impossible. Hell the partnership was the reason they didn't make DIrtfish a rallycross track

I must say, this thread got a lot more traction then I thought it was going to. With a better answered then I had hoped for. 

Here's to the future. Come what may. May it be prosperous and bright.

Either way, the Clubs patch is coming very soon (I can confidently say next week now - and if not next week, certainly the week after!), alongside it some other fixes too. There's a Road Book in the works which will elaborate more - but genuinely, it's been rubbish for us to have been so quiet on the burning topics. More light will be shed soon and as things get quieter towards Christmas, we have the opportunity to take stock and see where we are with everything we've been working on.
@ChristinaMc, thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed it will be enough so we can properly enjoy the game as we are used to with games from Codemasters, game-live sucks  :(   without a proper race/rally game from Codemasters. Any luck we can expect some improvement on the tiles as in extra tiles and less predictable stages ? 

Oh, as a compensation, for the long wait, a new 3D model would be awesome, can i make a bold suggestion....Subaru Colin McRae 1997...i am so waiting for that car since Colin  McRae Rally 2.0   :), if it helps i'll buy you diner, tickets to your favorite concert  and oke while i am at it a six pack beer for the guys at your office that will build the model  :p B) :)

[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/blackedz26/media/Screenshot_2017-06-02-02-11-59_zpsj6a6x6hs.png.html][IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/blackedz26/Screenshot_2017-06-02-02-11-59_zpsj6a6x6hs.png[/IMG][/URL]

Lets see if this works. This is something I created about a year ago. What do you think? Its on a different game if you couldnt tell..

[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/blackedz26/media/Screenshot_2017-06-02-02-11-59_zpsj6a6x6hs.png.html][IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/blackedz26/Screenshot_2017-06-02-02-11-59_zpsj6a6x6hs.png[/IMG][/URL]

Don't use photobucket, they break your image links and hold them for ransom if you go over their bandwidth limit. Use imgur instead when linking images to forums like this.

This is probably as close as we'll get with photobucket :| It's a screenshot from @LOSTVENGENCE96 photobucket profile. It didn't even let me look at individual photos. So yeah, next time just use imgur

Didzis said:j
This is probably as close as we'll get with photobucket :| It's a screenshot from @LOSTVENGENCE96 photobucket profile. It didn't even let me look at individual photos. So yeah, next time just use imgur

Thank you. Forgot about the license plate I did for that game lol. That should bring back great memories for gossipers.

enamel said:
I love the schizophrenia of this community. "D4 sucks, where's my D4 content ?!"

:D
D4 sucks.
Where are my D4 updates to fix areas where it sucks so it is what it was promised by devs it would be.

Oh, people still playing Dirt4?
I stopped playing it, until I realized, that it wont get VR and since I couldnt load car setups anymore, cause my enginieer dropped 2 points. What a mess.

Guys, Codemasters just want to make ez money. No passion anymore. No ear for the community anymore.
Right now, they are sitting in the kitchen, thinking about the next, ez programmable game, or how they can sell an old game as new, adding new useless and removing useful features.

You all really have a look on iRacing and the GRC Mode. Nice physics, very nice support, nice community and VR.

Vannipo said:
Oh, people still playing Dirt4?

You all really have a look on iRacing and the GRC Mode. Nice physics, very nice support, nice community and VR.
I don't have all that money for a stupid all-multiplayer-simulator.
I suggest you to give DiRT 4 another try, they've fixed some bugs and opened the door for livery mods

DoubleTen said:

I don't have all that money for a stupid all-multiplayer-simulator.
I suggest you to give DiRT 4 another try, they've fixed some bugs and opened the door for livery mods
Stupid? That is nice... I don't understand, why iRacing should be stupid. Cause u have to pay for high qualitiy content? I think, guys talking like this, never played iRacing. And dont understand the qualitiy of the races. iRacing is qualitiy. Not quantity.

I will never drive D4 again. No VR. No need. No drive. Quite EZ. I give a shit on the bugfixes. Liveries? Oh, yeah, thats what i really missed. Sorry, but I am a grown up and have wider requirements on a game. That the bugs exist for such a long time, tells me, how Codemasters live their products. But I drive DR. DR is great. D4 or Your stage was a nice try and had much potential. The athmospehere was nice. With the music and so on. But they missed the point to add VR in Summer 2017.

But hey, anyone has to decide who u give your money. And I decided, that I wont support a company, who give a shit on their clients. I really like to support guys, who listen any day and any hour. Where u have to wait a week for a bug fix. Where u get updates nearly all 5 days.

I wish u a good time and much fun with codemasters in the future. The fish stinks from the head.
I am done with them.

Vannipo said:

Stupid? That is nice... I don't understand, why iRacing should be stupid. Cause u have to pay for high qualitiy content? I think, guys talking like this, never played iRacing. And dont understand the qualitiy of the races. iRacing is qualitiy. Not quantity.

I will never drive D4 again. No VR. No need. No drive. Quite EZ. I give a **** on the bugfixes. Liveries? Oh, yeah, thats what i really missed. Sorry, but I am a grown up and have wider requirements on a game. That the bugs exist for such a long time, tells me, how Codemasters live their products. But I drive DR. DR is great. D4 or Your stage was a nice try and had much potential. The athmospehere was nice. With the music and so on. But they missed the point to add VR in Summer 2017.

I have to pay MONTHLY for something that i can enjoy only with random players, with a professional wheel and a proper triple monitor / VR. I don't want to sell my car just for iRacing. That's why iRacing is stupid: it's so pretentiously professional, you can buy a whole season in your national real MINI Cooper Challenge with the same amount of money.

VR? it's the only point where you have right (even if i don't really care because i can't use it)

And: how can you compare iRacing with DiRT 4?
It's like complaining about the airplanes in GTA and compare them with X Plane 7

Enjoy your professional sim-really serious-game.

I didnt compare D4 with iRacing. Or, that was not my intention.
I just told, that the new RallyCross Content iRacing is very interesting for guys, who drive Rally or Rallycross in D4.

Sure, u have to pay monthly. For me, its worth the money. Cause I pay for the service, and the service is good. Yes, a car is about 15 Euros. But, in iRacing, u drive that car very intensively. That is what I meant with quality. I dont own many cars, but the cars I own, I know very much. Maybe it's more like in RL, where u drive that one car (or several cars) for long time.
And u can choose, for which kind of racing u spend your money.

Driving in VR is just a new world of racing. And if u get used to it one time, U cant drive without it anymore.

And for me, it was a very bad decision, to bring out D4 without VR, after they addicted people to driving in VR in DR.
I don't know anyone, who has driven in VR and later in 2D on screen again.
So, I call it a kind of "responsibility" to offer the drivers the possibilities to drive a car in a racing-sim, how the drivers want to. That means, support more then one controller, support all kind of gaming devices, support VR (like any other racing game, omg), an intelligent UI, etc...

Vannipo said:
I have. I dislike wearing a headset, I don't like the low resolution or the screen-door look, and I could never afford my own VR set anyway. I'd rather have an ultrawide monitor.

dwkGravey said:
Vannipo said:
I have. I dislike wearing a headset, I don't like the low resolution or the screen-door look, and I could never afford my own VR set anyway. I'd rather have an ultrawide monitor.

I just got myself a Rift and yep it is cool, no doubt, but the resolution is still way too low imo. Sure, the immersion is great but you have to put up with PS2 image quality. 

Not quite there yet.