Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the hell happened codemasters?

dwkGravey said:
Vannipo said:
I don't know anyone, who has driven in VR and later in 2D on screen again.
I have. I dislike wearing a headset, I don't like the low resolution or the screen-door look, and I could never afford my own VR set anyway. I'd rather have an ultrawide monitor.
I tried Crytek's climbing game demo thing at a Best Buy and I completely agree. It's neat, but the resolution is terrible and I get better performance with triple monitors. I also don't get sweaty ring face this way.
https://youtu.be/L2sCJpR3x8o

On a side note, not once was I actually that "blown away" by the immersion. For a climbing game I never got that stereotypical "woo I'm so high up I'm scared" even when I fell to my death. I don't actually think there's that much more useful "immersion" in VR than a triple screen or widescreen.

JZStudios said:
dwkGravey said:
Vannipo said:
I don't know anyone, who has driven in VR and later in 2D on screen again.
I have. I dislike wearing a headset, I don't like the low resolution or the screen-door look, and I could never afford my own VR set anyway. I'd rather have an ultrawide monitor.
I tried Crytek's climbing game demo thing at a Best Buy and I completely agree. It's neat, but the resolution is terrible and I get better performance with triple monitors. I also don't get sweaty ring face this way.
https://youtu.be/L2sCJpR3x8o

On a side note, not once was I actually that "blown away" by the immersion. For a climbing game I never got that stereotypical "woo I'm so high up I'm scared" even when I fell to my death. I don't actually think there's that much more useful "immersion" in VR than a triple screen or widescreen.
Depth perception is the biggest immersion improvement for racing sims.

Resolution in vr isn't that bad, it's not as crisp as a monitor or TV but I think it's blown out of proportion, with good settings and super sampling it looks good, I don't even see screen door effect on my oculus rift, at worst it's like using a 720p TV. I do look forward to higher resolution but for now it's still pretty good. And I've never had a ring around my face like that guy in the picture, maybe loosen it up a bit. It's always been comfortable and easy to put on and off, I use it everyday for racing. 
The immersion kills any chance of me going back to a 2d screen for racing games which is why I'm not going back to dirt 4. 

gloom said:
Resolution in vr isn't that bad, it's not as crisp as a monitor or TV but I think it's blown out of proportion, with good settings and super sampling it looks good, I don't even see screen door effect on my oculus rift, at worst it's like using a 720p TV. I do look forward to higher resolution but for now it's still pretty good. And I've never had a ring around my face like that guy in the picture, maybe loosen it up a bit. It's always been comfortable and easy to put on and off, I use it everyday for racing. 
The immersion kills any chance of me going back to a 2d screen for racing games which is why I'm not going back to dirt 4. 
so we know how well Occulus works apparently, anyone got their hands on the Samsung Odyssey Mixed reality headset and tried to get Dirt Rally working with that? The display resolution is a bit higher but it hasn't been released in my country yet :(

I dont care about Dirt 4 anymore. Who needs it anyway now RBR is abandonware  and perfectly playable in VR???
We now have the 2  greatest rally sims playable in VR!!!

Cool: buy a VR to see those beautiful pixels 100x100 in RBR. 
Absolutely. and those pay-mods, ohh yes, cool!

Oh, and Dirt Rally! it's cool to see all the 6 stages in VR, yes, definitively worth a buy.

Please, guys, if you want to criticize actual games you're right and everyone understands, if you want to be nostalgic you're not. You're just annoying and filling the forum.

DoubleTen said:i

Oh, and Dirt Rally! it's cool to see all the 6 stages in VR, yes, definitively worth a buy.

Please, guys, if you want to criticize actual games you're right and everyone understands, if you want to be nostalgic you're not. You're just annoying and filling the forum.
Dirt rally is 10 times better as dirt4.

Dirt rally with VR is 1000 times better as dirt4.

Codemasters should know what to do.

I've liked DiRT Rally too for 200 hours, now it's time to move on.
DiRT Rally has been abandoned long ago.
Now we have DiRT 4 and we can do few useful things:

- support the devs with suggestions and criticisms, playing the game and asking for more patches and updates
- uninstall the game and wait

I've done both, i've reinstalled the game after 3 months and right after the club update, hoping for the best.
Something is better now, but still there are a lot of things to improve.

Screaming about the good old days of DiRT Rally is useless now

gloom said:
I've used the Rift, and the resolution is bad, there's a definite loss of detail. I also hate playing at 720p, especially when every game now is not designed for it. I'm also not that excited about strapping bright screens directly to my face and 3 inches away from my eyes. Less actually.
In the video the guy had to strap the Rift tightly to his face because every time he had to look down it would loosen up and move the screens giving him motion sickness. The top 2 complaints I've heard about VR is the super low resolution and red sweaty ring face. I'm surprised no ones got eye problems yet.

DoubleTen said:

DiRT Rally has been abandoned long ago.

Untill dirt4 got a patch last week there were far more people doing dirt rally as dirt4...
And there is a reason for that.

Untill dirt4 got a patch last week there were far more people doing dirt rally as dirt4...

DiRT Rally has been abandoned by Codemasters.
Players returned back to DiRT Rally because DiRT 4 has been abandoned too for 3 months and i've heavily raged against CM for that.

Now that the game has been patched with few things, it's time to push for a better DiRT 4.
How? Surely not saying "was better Rally, this is crap, bla bla bla"

DoubleTen said:

Says who? The forum police?

DoubleTen said:u

DiRT Rally has been abandoned by Codemasters.
Players returned back to DiRT Rally because DiRT 4 has been abandoned too for 3 months and i've heavily raged against CM for that.

Now that the game has been patched with few things, it's time to push for a better DiRT 4.
I refer to the amount of players, not CM. 
I don't say dirt4 is a bad game, my opinion is that fir some reason CM made wrong choices and it could have been much better. For that reason I and a lot of others prefer dirt rally.

Stevie777 said:

Says who? The forum police?
Grow up

Janneman60 said:
I refer to the amount of players, not CM. 
I don't say dirt4 is a bad game, my opinion is that fir some reason CM made wrong choices and it could have been much better. For that reason I and a lot of others prefer dirt rally.
I know and i understand, as i said.

Didzis said:
DoubleTen said:

I've only got like 90. And DR IS fun, but even after months of not playing I still remember everything, and I still only do Greece and Wales. 

2 22 2 222 222 i see something 2 :D  Body is 2 characters too short. cryinig literally :D

DoubleTen said:
How much more push does Codies need, for a better D4, when everyone and theirs dogs, pointed out, for months, and keeps telling them, what's wrong with D4? Hell, there is / was even a D4 physics thread with thousands of posts, telling Codies what feels wrong for us, while driving the cars, and mostly, the RWD cars.
They can add Clubs, eSports, dlcs, this and that, but without fixing what really needs to be fixed, D4 will always be a game that no one will play. Why? Because, even with all the flaws that DR has, it's a way more enjoyable game to play, than D4.

dgeesi0 said:
2 22 2 222 222 i see something 2 :D  Body is 2 characters too short. cryinig literally :D
Hope so...

I hope they are hinting at the physics overhall so this game can be fun. Kind of irritating that all cars feel like they have stability management or feel like a FWD car. Tuning doesn't help, only makes the unstable braking even more unstable while any throttle inputs still always induce understeer. Rallycross suffers a little from the lift oversteer as well.

I purchased the game at full price a few months ago and yes I regret not reading more reviews before. The game physics and graphics are excellent BUT the implementation of the game itself is by far the worst racing game I've ever owned.
   It's very difficult to enjoy a game that is completely inconsistent from event to event. For a while i thought i may be mastering the game and then the wheels just fell off the train once i became more familiar with the lack of simplicity and logical game play. Randomly tracks become impossible to drive, cars can't be tuned, online events forces a loan car and 80% payment, tracks become completely ridiculous and not enjoyable at all. I don't know if anyone at codemasters rides a racing bicycle, mountain bike, or downhill skiis but part of the enjoyment is familiarity with a route and being able to do it well in a variety of conditions. For me when i play this game, after all the hours i put in, i have come to the conclusion that I am not going to enjoy my experience, I'm just going to be frustrated at the random software performance penalty and the lack of being able to do anything about it except turn off the game.