Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 - PC - Logitech G29 - DRS button assignment doesn't work

I am having a very weird problem, no matter where I assign the DRS Enable button, it will not work in the DRS zones. I tried to assign it to 3 different places, L2, L3 and + ... but none of them activate it when it's time. Maybe someone had this issue and knows a fix?

I am having a very weird problem, no matter where I assign the DRS Enable button, it will not work in the DRS zones. I tried to assign it to 3 different places, L2, L3 and + ... but none of them activate it when it's time. Maybe someone had this issue and knows a fix?
Why even remap it? It is on the triangle with Pit Limiter.

How do you know it's not working? Does the DRS activation amber light on the dashboard/wheel come on when you enter the DRS zone? Are you within one second of the driver in front of you? When you look back in your mirrors, do you see the wing move when you press the button? In Time Trial mode, you can always use DRS (without the one second restriction) so it's best to test there.

Sometimes it can be a brake issue. If the controller is measuring a brake input it will turn off DRS but usually this is an open/immediate shut situation. So this is something else to look at. Pads are particularly bad with this but sometimes recalibrating can help a bit.

Sometimes it can be a brake issue. If the controller is measuring a brake input it will turn off DRS but usually this is an open/immediate shut situation. So this is something else to look at. Pads are particularly bad with this but sometimes recalibrating can help a bit.
G29 is a wheel though.

@OP as @BoothJoe has mentioned, test it in time trial or practice first. It's rarely availalable in the race.

Ho3n3r said:
G29 is a wheel though.

@OP as @BoothJoe has mentioned, test it in time trial or practice first. It's rarely availalable in the race.
Yes, I know but the point I was making is that dodgy controller inputs are far more common on pads than wheels. It's also not unknown on wheels but more likely to be a hardware issue rather than crappy electronics or low battery.