Sign in to follow this  

Patch 1.11 - Discussion Thread

Patch 1.11 is going live on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from 3pm GMT today. You can find the patch notes here:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/61737/patch-1-11-patch-notes/p1?new=1 

If there's anything that doesn't act in the way it should, or anything else you notice from the patch notes that isn't what it should be, please let us know below

@jennyannem the collision with safety car will not be solved? :(

https://youtu.be/QfHWssDs7Qw?t=1m4s

@jennyannem the collision with safety car will not be solved? :(   

https://youtu.be/QfHWssDs7Qw?t=1m4s

Body is 40 characters too short.

What year will the safety car bug be fixed? If you can't solve it or it just takes too long, just tell us. Don't make us wait

@jennyannem @f1support he wrote this about the issue with sc: Hello all, this is an issue we're aware of. Basically the safety car should come on to the track and then wait for the leader but it looks like it's starting to drive whenever any cars gets close to it. Because it's trying to stay off the racing line it will often move from one side of the track to the other resulting in the collisions you're seeing.

Having just had a quick look at F1 2016 this behaviour is the same there but it feels wrong to me so I'll speak to design about it.

And what about the fix for the safety car eh? League racing is impossible without a fix. Especially with deployments during the progess with the time of day and offical options 

Seems like a long time coming for little being fixed imo. I say little, but by this I mean not the issues I've seen most mentioned in this forum. 

@jennyannem @F1Support

is there a multiplayer patch coming in the future?
like : setupglitch,lag, framedrops when someone leave the lobby or get disconnected, safety car really not working online, or just framerate problems in q and race?

good to see that your busy with the offline part but what about the online aspect of the game?

in my eyes multiplayer is in a bad state at the moment( from release in fact )

JP072 said:
@jennyannem @F1Support

is there a multiplayer patch coming in the future?
like : setupglitch,lag, framedrops when someone leave the lobby or get disconnected, safety car really not working online, or just framerate problems in q and race?

good to see that your busy with the offline part but what about the online aspect of the game?

in my eyes multiplayer is in a bad state at the moment( from release in fact )
What setup glitch?

So you are telling me that the SC coming out every 4 laps when a crashed out player leaves the lobby and the major DESYNC issues have not yet been fixed with this patch? Will it ever be patched or are you also unable to fix them like the career teammate bug?

Here is the full video of the a league race in Monza with this major, league-race-breaking bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSpIY_qBsD4&t=1908s
26:40 The start and 1st SC right after T1
36:20 2nd SC
45:11 3rd SC
53:53 4th SC
01:02:40 5th SC

Here is the full video of a league test race in Sochi with the same major issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rcm2A8jfMc&t=527s
10:25 Two players crash out - NO SAFETY CAR UNTIL DESPAWN
11:00 SAFETY CAR BECAUSE THEY LEAVE THE LOBBY
20:35 2nd SC for no reason 5 laps later

We abandoned the race there because we knew it would only continue the same way.

Here is a video of the lobby we had before the one with the major SC bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqF9DQepDBQ&t=278s
Player "A_G" had a loading sign on the far left in his row in the lobby before starting the session. He was then invisible for me during the formation lap but on his screen i had an "X" next to my username ontrack. On the start i was not visible to him anymore while other players reported others lagging a lot and some even said that "A_G" went underneath my car. The DESYNC was massive.

We used preset grid and believe that this caused the massive DESYNC. The host also reported that when choosing the grid formation, the language was in french instead of german.

We are all in germany and austria. These are neighboring countries and the connection is always very good but the DESYNC issues still happen.

In this video at 11:22 i prove the DESYNC issue by playing both my perspective and the perspective of the other player i "collide" with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z9H9hKsBNs&t=789s

Right after that i also showcase DESYNC issues during the official esports videos. They definitely played on LAN but one driver always seems to lag.
The most likely reason why there was no major SC bug like above in their esports races was that the guys who set up the wheels made it impossible for players to go into the menu and leave the session when crashing out.

I just do not understand how these major issues are still present after so many patches and posting about it in YOUR OFFICIAL SUPPORT FORUM does not give us any answers from @F1Support  or @jennyannem .

Si ma porco il Dio risolvete sta porco Dio di safety car invece di migliorare la carriera di quel porco di Dio @F1Support

Well, I guess it's better than nothing... Anyone want to do a comparison how much performance boost has McLaren gained?

Whats better than nothing, fixing one thing, the mcclaren team mate bug.. Lot more things more important than that to be sorted.. Safety car should have been the main thing, to let leauge racing work...... 

So you are telling me that the SC coming out every 4 laps when a crashed out player leaves the lobby and the major DESYNC issues have not yet been fixed with this patch? Will it ever be patched or are you also unable to fix them like the career teammate bug?

Here is the full video of the a league race in Monza with this major, league-race-breaking bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSpIY_qBsD4&t=1908s
26:40 The start and 1st SC right after T1
36:20 2nd SC
45:11 3rd SC
53:53 4th SC
01:02:40 5th SC

Here is the full video of a league test race in Sochi with the same major issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rcm2A8jfMc&t=527s
10:25 Two players crash out - NO SAFETY CAR UNTIL DESPAWN
11:00 SAFETY CAR BECAUSE THEY LEAVE THE LOBBY
20:35 2nd SC for no reason 5 laps later

We abandoned the race there because we knew it would only continue the same way.

Here is a video of the lobby we had before the one with the major SC bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqF9DQepDBQ&t=278s
Player "A_G" had a loading sign on the far left in his row in the lobby before starting the session. He was then invisible for me during the formation lap but on his screen i had an "X" next to my username ontrack. On the start i was not visible to him anymore while other players reported others lagging a lot and some even said that "A_G" went underneath my car. The DESYNC was massive.

We used preset grid and believe that this caused the massive DESYNC. The host also reported that when choosing the grid formation, the language was in french instead of german.

We are all in germany and austria. These are neighboring countries and the connection is always very good but the DESYNC issues still happen.

In this video at 11:22 i prove the DESYNC issue by playing both my perspective and the perspective of the other player i "collide" with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z9H9hKsBNs&t=789s

Right after that i also showcase DESYNC issues during the official esports videos. They definitely played on LAN but one driver always seems to lag.
The most likely reason why there was no major SC bug like above in their esports races was that the guys who set up the wheels made it impossible for players to go into the menu and leave the session when crashing out.

I just do not understand how these major issues are still present after so many patches and posting about it in YOUR OFFICIAL SUPPORT FORUM does not give us any answers from @F1Support  or @jennyannem .
KevinKirk will tell you that he hasn't had those problems, therefore they don't exist :sunglasses:

mantazzo said:
Well, I guess it's better than nothing... Anyone want to do a comparison how much performance boost has McLaren gained?
This IS nothing, mate.

There are so many issues like the ones i showed above that break online and offline when SC is turned on. So much time passed until this patch came out and it consists of only 5 lines of fixes. Three of them app crash prevention, one lazy major bug workaround and one connection loss prevention.

All that wait for nothing.. Why don't you fix the more important issues, like safety car to start with... Or just admit you don't know how to.!!
At least then, we don't need to look forward to yet another disappointing patch

mantazzo said:
This IS nothing, mate.

There are so many issues like the ones i showed above that break online and offline when SC is turned on. So much time passed until this patch came out and it consists of only 5 lines of fixes. Three of them app crash prevention, one lazy major bug workaround and one connection loss prevention.

I assume you're an online player? Then yes, it's nothing. For me, as a Career Mode player, it's something. McLaren may finally be decent team even engine wise.

mantazzo said:
mantazzo said:
This IS nothing, mate.

I assume you're an online player? Then yes, it's nothing. For me, as a Career Mode player, it's something. McLaren may finally be decent team even engine wise.
I am an online player. If you were one you would understand the frustration that we have year after year. No improvements except little, broken additions since 2015 while career mode is being worked on most of the time. It is like the real life Honda engine. They work to get power all the time but forget reliability.

Is this where you guys have been working on for the past 6 weeks? WTF! 3 months after the release not counting 2015 and 2016 and multiplayer is still a mess. wtf are you guys doing. This support is just so bad.

@jennyannem and @f1support What are you guys going to to about multiplayer? Could you guys ffs awnser the quastion for once and not ignore it. My patience is a bit done now.

Worthless. Just Worthless this support and game.

Is this where you guys have been working on for the past 6 weeks? ****! 3 months after the release not counting 2015 and 2016 and multiplayer is still a mess. **** are you guys doing. This support is just so bad.

@jennyannem and @f1support What are you guys going to to about multiplayer? Could you guys ffs awnser the quastion for once and not ignore it. My patience is a bit done now.

Worthless. Just Worthless this support and game.

Throwing an immature tantrum isnt going to help.

@jennyannem Glad it's been addressed for McLaren, can it also be addressed for the rest of the teams?