Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.11 - Discussion Thread

A lot of new bugs arrived today: 
- Everyone in the multiplayer group suffers bad connection, cars jumping around the track etc.
- Some of them kicked out of the session and cant rejoin again. "Session no longer exists" 
- and mclaren update? I saw Alonso flying trough the air 2 times in a usa online race with nobody around. And goes on with his race like nothing happend.. sounds like alonso tough..

Well that's not great is it. 
Please fix the SC issues. Particularly it coming out every few laps AND the penalty given if you pit on that first lap behind the SC.
It needs to be turned OFF atm
I guess I can only ask for it to be fixed in the next patch... sigh

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59686/penalty-if-you-pit-during-sc-delta#latest
Fix this please.

So Mclaren are fixed or sort of fixed do the AI upgrades match now? 

My career was with sauber so fixing on team out of ten means career works 10% as it should.

Fair play if your at mclaren but everyone else still has this bug.
They didn't fix it per se, they just buffed the default McLaren engine, as many including myself have suggested, so that the performance disparity between the upgraded Honda and stock Honda isn't as drastic. I'll hopefully get to test it out later this week to see how effective it was. 

But yeah, perhaps they should've done it for Sauber as well. McLaren was the most publicized one, so I can see why that was addressed first. I'm glad they issued a workaround, but its been 4 months since release, so its way overdue. Then again, this bug should never have made it past QA since anyone who has done more than a season of career mode could see it. They need a massive overhaul of their beta.

DD22KHz said:
DD22KHz said:

Is this where you guys have been working on for the past 6 weeks? ****! 3 months after the release not counting 2015 and 2016 and multiplayer is still a mess. **** are you guys doing. This support is just so bad.

@jennyannem and @f1support What are you guys going to to about multiplayer? Could you guys ffs awnser the quastion for once and not ignore it. My patience is a bit done now.

Worthless. Just Worthless this support and game.

Throwing an immature tantrum isnt going to help.

What is going to help then?
DD22KHz said:

Is this where you guys have been working on for the past 6 weeks? ****! 3 months after the release not counting 2015 and 2016 and multiplayer is still a mess. **** are you guys doing. This support is just so bad.

@jennyannem and @f1support What are you guys going to to about multiplayer? Could you guys ffs awnser the quastion for once and not ignore it. My patience is a bit done now.

Worthless. Just Worthless this support and game.

Throwing an immature tantrum isnt going to help.
Being nice and formal has not helped so far either. smh
I would think most people on this forum would act like the adults I'm sure they are. But it's the internet. If you're that mad over a video game, just go do something else. It's a bloody video game, it's no reason to get mad.
Its also a product that grown ups pay for out of there own pocket with there hard earned money not a toy there mummy gave them! So when they are sold what amounts to a defective product and nothing is done to fix it they every right to get angry.

Im really into GT sport at the moment, the whole online thing with sportsmanship and driver ratings actually makes me excited to jump on line. Plus with the update coming soon for the whole off line career thing and having asserto corrsa as a back up  i don't need F1 2017 any more. Id rather dedicate the little on line time i have to games that work and that offer decent patch support. 
I sold my soul to the devil and started playing forza 7 and weirdly am enjoying it even though I've hated previous forza's.F1 has been deleted and barring 2013 being made back compat will never play a game made by these clowns ever again much less part with money on one of theirs this patch is the straw that broke the camels back.

@f1support is it possible to solve this problem by making ghost safety car waiting for the leader?

https://youtu.be/5CRCTozBvbM

Update 1.11 failed to address the 1988 McLAREN MP4/4 CLASSIC CAR DLC still not working on Xbox One, as has been the case since launch now.

So glad we waited an entire month with no updates or communication for another crap patch. It’s like they don’t read what we’re telling them.. oh wait. 

@jennyannem....please help me understand why you upped the performance of McLaren to address the teammate issue but you do nothing to address the same issue with Sauber?  Enough is enough...you guys are beginning to look pathetic and incompetent.  If you guys are not capable of putting out a quality product then give up the license. I can't believe you even bothered to call this a patch.  Give up on F1 already.  After  9 years your organization is still not capable of making a product that meets or exceeds your customers expectation. Do everyone a favour and turn off the lights at Codemasters and call it a day.   Make another micro machines game, make another Grid game but for the love of God stop making F1 games.  My crystal ball is already telling me that F1 2018 will be another shitshow. Not only do you have all the bugs from the current game, but now you have much more tire compounds to model, a new track to model (France), the halo to model, etc...Fix F1 2017 first.

XxProxX46 said:
Si ma porco il Dio risolvete sta porco Dio di safety car invece di migliorare la carriera di quel porco di Dio @F1Support
Che colpa ne ha il povero Kimi ora? :joy:
We don’t care about career dio porco @F1Support
Aridaje... Räikkönen did nothing wrong to you, stop blaming it on him! E che c@**0!

@jennyannem.... I am doing a 100% season with Mclaren on PC, following the latest patch I am wondering if your fix of Mclaren power has inadvertantly affected fuel consumption? I am sitting on the grid at canada with the race strategy screen telling me that even with a full tank of fuel I can only do 57.7 laps of a 70 lap race. I had no issues with race programs in practice getting perfect in them all as usual and normally run races underfuelled by 5 laps or so. I don't want to start the race to find out if this is just a strategy screen glitch as I have formation lap on and any restart would put me at the start of the race not the formation lap with whatever fuel load out I choose now.

I am part of the "online" players of this game and yes, this patch is almost useless for us, since it does not solve any of the biggest problems like desync, SC or framerate drops.
BUT
If you follow this forum you already should know that both SC and framerate problems were not going to be fixed atm.. so do not complain about this patch. They worked hard to solve the "teammate bug" since the community asked for it and that's why this patch came out.

Maybe we can have a minor bug fix in next months but i sincerely lost every hope about the online compound of this game and the ability of codemasters to give us a definitive patch for it.

Just accept the fact that it will never work properly and stop asking for the moon. :D

And they did not "solve" the teammate bug, just applied a workaround to  make it less visible. :p :D :D :D

mixmax83 said:

@f1support is it possible to solve this problem by making ghost safety car waiting for the leader?

https://youtu.be/5CRCTozBvbM

That's surely way too sensible and easy for them to implement with no new bugs created. Therefore I can't see them doing this

Lopensky said:
I am part of the "online" players of this game and yes, this patch is almost useless for us, since it does not solve any of the biggest problems like desync, SC or framerate drops.
BUT
If you follow this forum you already should know that both SC and framerate problems were not going to be fixed atm.. so do not complain about this patch. They worked hard to solve the "teammate bug" since the community asked for it and that's why this patch came out.

Maybe we can have a minor bug fix in next months but i sincerely lost every hope about the online compound of this game and the ability of codemasters to give us a definitive patch for it.

Just accept the fact that it will never work properly and stop asking for the moon. :D
 If they can't fix it now in F1 2017, how should we be confident enough to buy their next game?

So Codemasters knew the patch details over a week ago, yet did not want to communicate until the day of release and even organised that consoles would release the same day, which has never happened before. 

You should be ashamed at this, the first patch notes I have seen given on the day of release, you just did not want to hear the community dissapointment at the content.  But nothing I say would ever make a difference, so, good bye all, have fun with this poorly developed and managed game, I wont be back for next release, why would I bother.

@jennyannem.... I am doing a 100% season with Mclaren on PC, following the latest patch I am wondering if your fix of Mclaren power has inadvertantly affected fuel consumption? I am sitting on the grid at canada with the race strategy screen telling me that even with a full tank of fuel I can only do 57.7 laps of a 70 lap race. I had no issues with race programs in practice getting perfect in them all as usual and normally run races underfuelled by 5 laps or so. I don't want to start the race to find out if this is just a strategy screen glitch as I have formation lap on and any restart would put me at the start of the race not the formation lap with whatever fuel load out I choose now.
To be honest, I am missing a lot of information here. How did you do the Racing Strategy Program? With rich- or standard mix? What were the fuel statistics during FP?

The main problem is with the power performance in R&D and as McLaren are far inferior in power than that of every other team that is why McLaren has had the increase and not other teams. It balances more the teams overall. The other R&D, chassis and aero, seem to be okay for AI teammates.

Guys, pay attention to the notes! "Firstly, we know that the 'team mate bug' is something that's affecting some of your careers, so we've got a look at how we can mitigate it for you. the Honda engine is down on power, so this patch updates McLaren's overall performance, and changes the way your team mate at McLaren handles upgrades. " It has changed in the way AI makes its upgrades. So let's test rather than criticize first. There are people who are boring and complain about everything. My God!

Lopensky said:
BUT

If they can't fix it now in F1 2017, how should we be confident enough to buy their next game?
Easy.. We can't. :p

I'm very angry, i bought the game at day one paying full price for it. since i play online in league races i need to try and spend lots of hours just to be as fast as slower ones.. BUT i expect to have a playable game and it wasn't playable at all.
After three months we still have a really bad situation, with our bug reports been completely ignored.

I (better say us all) can't do anything about this, so the only thing that remains is this useless and repetitive complain. :/

For those that are asking, the McLarens engine is very tiny amount less than the 2016 Ferrari. Probably a fair upgrade overall they are just behind Haas but with their aero advatnage expect them to be beating them.

Correction: Thats on my career where they already have had an engine upgrade and I have not so the stock mclarwn is probably 1.5 minor upgrades of sauber.