Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.11 - Discussion Thread

Lopensky said:
I am part of the "online" players of this game and yes, this patch is almost useless for us, since it does not solve any of the biggest problems like desync, SC or framerate drops.
BUT
If you follow this forum you already should know that both SC and framerate problems were not going to be fixed atm.. so do not complain about this patch. They worked hard to solve the "teammate bug" since the community asked for it and that's why this patch came out.

Maybe we can have a minor bug fix in next months but i sincerely lost every hope about the online compound of this game and the ability of codemasters to give us a definitive patch for it.

Just accept the fact that it will never work properly and stop asking for the moon. :D
 If they can't fix it now in F1 2017, how should we be confident enough to buy their next game?
We say this every year. F1 2014 was an insult, F1 2015 late and half finished, F1 2016 ruined by patching, F1 2017 awful and rebroken by patching. It does not look good.

F1 2016 felt like light at the end of the tunnel.

F1 2018 please just give us the F1 2017 game with skin updates and fixed SC and fully functional career and MP no Classics and I’ll preorder now.

Actually joking. First wish impossible and second scenario highly unlikely. 

@jennyannem.... I am doing a 100% season with Mclaren on PC, following the latest patch I am wondering if your fix of Mclaren power has inadvertantly affected fuel consumption? I am sitting on the grid at canada with the race strategy screen telling me that even with a full tank of fuel I can only do 57.7 laps of a 70 lap race. I had no issues with race programs in practice getting perfect in them all as usual and normally run races underfuelled by 5 laps or so. I don't want to start the race to find out if this is just a strategy screen glitch as I have formation lap on and any restart would put me at the start of the race not the formation lap with whatever fuel load out I choose now.
To be honest, I am missing a lot of information here. How did you do the Racing Strategy Program? With rich- or standard mix? What were the fuel statistics during FP?
The racing strategy program where I mentioned I got perfect you mean?  Cant give fuel statistics as I cant go back to that session and look, but I can guarantee that I was better than expected on fuel consumption as always. As a rough guide I would say that the fuel slider is at half or less for every race normally but yet the first race after the patch the car doesn't hold enough fuel to complete the race? Is that an issue with my driving style that has never been there before? or more likely an issue with the new patch, I know where I put my money :) 

There is something going on watching the steamdb. (https://steamdb.info/app/515220/depots/)
Yesterday: 2340932
Today: 2361110

Or maybe it´s just Linux and Mac update....

Why is this game so broken.  They patch 1 thing and it creates 10 different bugs. I think I am going to go play 2016 at least there was 1 more full track and a grid with 22.

@jennyannem.... I am doing a 100% season with Mclaren on PC, following the latest patch I am wondering if your fix of Mclaren power has inadvertantly affected fuel consumption? I am sitting on the grid at canada with the race strategy screen telling me that even with a full tank of fuel I can only do 57.7 laps of a 70 lap race. I had no issues with race programs in practice getting perfect in them all as usual and normally run races underfuelled by 5 laps or so. I don't want to start the race to find out if this is just a strategy screen glitch as I have formation lap on and any restart would put me at the start of the race not the formation lap with whatever fuel load out I choose now.
To be honest, I am missing a lot of information here. How did you do the Racing Strategy Program? With rich- or standard mix? What were the fuel statistics during FP?
The racing strategy program where I mentioned I got perfect you mean?  Cant give fuel statistics as I cant go back to that session and look, but I can guarantee that I was better than expected on fuel consumption as always. As a rough guide I would say that the fuel slider is at half or less for every race normally but yet the first race after the patch the car doesn't hold enough fuel to complete the race? Is that an issue with my driving style that has never been there before? or more likely an issue with the new patch, I know where I put my money :) 
If you are doing better than expected, then they put less fuel in your car. The better you do, the less fuel you will have during the race. I do 25% races and sometimes I have to drive like 3-5 laps on lean mix.

Far1an said:
There is something going on watching the steamdb. (https://steamdb.info/app/515220/depots/)
Yesterday: 2340932
Today: 2361110

Or maybe it´s just Linux and Mac update....

And it was the Linux update...too bad.

Well, @jennyannem the questions now seems to be, what lays ahead for F1 2017?
This Patch brought less than expected for the time taken - even though the Teammatebug is a complex problem.

Especially the multiplayer sees having issues esp. the SC problem that @F1Support confirmed - are two bugs creating the problem.
Will there be a patch especially focussing on MP issues in the future?

It would be upsetting, if there is no action planned what so ever.

Hope reading a reply.

Well that's that, then.  We're stuck with this bug-ridden crap.

I swear I will never buy another Codemasters game.

If you are doing better than expected, then they put less fuel in your car. The better you do, the less fuel you will have during the race. I do 25% races and sometimes I have to drive like 3-5 laps on lean mix.
Your obviously missing the point in the first place..... If you bothered to read my original post you would see that I clearly stated that even if I put 105kg's of fuel in the car ie move the slider all the way to full then it says I can only complete 57.7 laps in a 70 lap race, I am pretty sure that this is a totally unintended side effect of tweaking the power of the Mclaren engine in the patch, which is exactly why I was trying to bring the information to the attention of those people that need to know in the thread that they have asked for the information to be posted.

That's clearly it. Less than 2 weeks until Christmas so nothing now and focus goes to 2018. 

The tactic of releasing it at the same time on all three platforms allowed the "community" team to drop the information and run away again. 

After holding the license for 9 years they cannot get it right. It should be a polish every year but instead they fight fire with fire. 

The game engine is fundamentilly flawed and they cannot work out how to fix the constant bugs within the game. 

Their reputation has gone down significantly and I hope that a lot of this forum will stick to their guns and not purchase 2018. Only way to make a change now because the same cycle keeps happening. I'd be ashamed to work for Codemasters and representing this product with how it's been left again. 

The he reputation has gone down significantly and I hope that a lot of this forum will stick to their guns and not purchase 2018. Only way to make a change now because the same cycle keeps happening.
200% for me, i'm done with it.

11 patch later and still a riddled mess, yeah good job Codemasters. Not buying any more F1 games until they're bug free day one.

@jennyannem  @F1Support

Tell us the truth, it was only a alibi patch or not ?
Most developers say hotfix to a patch like this. You have more than two month and all you bring is this small thing...that not work  (breaking sc is not ok).
Sorry that i must say this but what you CM guys do, is a big shame. Since years we pay a lot of money for  games they did not work. And after the buy, we are angry about the bugs, the bad support (1 example: 5 pages full with questions since patch release, not 1 answer or comment from CM).
We buy  the F1 games to have a lot of fun in league races, sprint races, time trial, career...
But since F1 15 we have more angry trouble with the bugs, desync, broken sc and other faults. 

Driver74 said:
@jennyannem  @F1Support

Tell us the truth, it was only a alibi patch or not ?
Most developers say hotfix to a patch like this. You have more than two month and all you bring is this small thing...that not work  (breaking sc is not ok).
Sorry that i must say this but what you CM guys do, is a big shame. Since years we pay a lot of money for  games they did not work. And after the buy, we are angry about the bugs, the bad support (1 example: 5 pages full with questions since patch release, not 1 answer or comment from CM).
We buy  the F1 games to have a lot of fun in league races, sprint races, time trial, career...
But since F1 15 we have more angry trouble with the bugs, desync, broken sc and other faults. 

your on spot buddy! I think we need to aim our arrows on Liberty Media and hope they gonna demand some changes...CM is hiding in the shadows.

@jennyannem I see log in on to the forum daily and also today. But you never respond to the questions we ask. How come? And what are the future plans of this game?

There must be one more patch this year. There has to be. They can't leave the game in this state.

DESYNC in online as well as the Safety Car need highest attention for career mode and online before they start working on F1 2018.
If they do leave it in this state then i cannot trust them with F1 2018.

Can I just ask, when she says McLaren is fixed, is it just the McLaren teammate bug that's fixed and not other teams. E.g. Sauber, Haas, etc

SgtKubica said:
Can I just ask, when she says McLaren is fixed, is it just the McLaren teammate bug that's fixed and not other teams. E.g. Sauber, Haas, etc
Just McLaren is "fixed".

Hi, I think I got an issue today
(Career mode, PS4)

Racing the Brazilian GP, it went from sunny to rain and hard rain. Was racing 3th in ferrari, behind Vettel and Bottas. When WET was the better option above INTER, Vettel pitted but remained on INTER. Then I had a mid session save and closed the game. When I restarted, Vettel pitted several times but never went on WET, he had 4-5 consecutive stops but remained on INTER. After the race I noticed that 14 drivers got 7 or more pitstops but never went on WET. They stopped to pit when INTER was the best option again. I had a second mid session save, can't say the pitstops ended right after the second save. 

SgtKubica said:
Just McLaren. They did not really "fix" the issue. They just increased the engine power to work around it. The bug is not as noticeable in other teams because the engines are not so far from each other.

I'm only just seeing this for this release but I like the feature in Time Trials where you see your rivals GT/image as you move from track to track - very cool indeed! 

larryl said:

your on spot buddy! I think we need to aim our arrows on Liberty Media and hope they gonna demand some changes...CM is hiding in the shadows.
I think the problem is, we are all extremly F1 fans and so we buy the game year to year and we know, we buy problems. 
When we stop to buy the game, than we have a chance to change something but we dont do it because we are all F1 fans.
When you have better, concrete ideas, tell me, i help.