Sign in to follow this  

Game by middle

I think the Codemasters/F1 series has run its course.  They've acquired a dismal record over the last few years for not fixing bugs and abandoning the whole thing.  It's got to stop.

Let's be honest, it's obvious that we'll be paying for another update in F1 2018, this polished graphics engine does not have much more to go and Codemasters has already brought the maximum of features that are at their limit within this game-base concept ... I hope Codemasters will risk a new game next year with the help of Liberty Media or continue on the same basis, but at least make a 99% playable game

I have an idea that that can make me bought F1 2018: 
*A game without many bugs*
More simulation in tires wear; 
More realistic gearbox; 
The steering wheel display real!!!; 
A damage that allow the car broke in more parts; 
More personalization to Avatars (much more!!!) 
this includes (face editor) helmets, uniforms, and team in general (if possible, including car design (livery); 

Freedom is the name!!! 
The slogan of F1 2018 will be: 
F1 2018 - Feel Free

This is the basic, because if continue as 2017 in customization and simulation, I will look for another game! ;) 

CavSTiago said:
More realistic gearbox; 
this includes (face editor) helmets, uniforms, and team in general (if possible, including car design (livery); 

Freedom is the name!!! 
F1 2018 - Feel Free

This is the basic, because if continue as 2017 in customization and simulation, I will look for another game! ;) 
What's unrealistic about the Tyre Wear and the Gearbox? They're both very accurate. 

DD22KHz said:
CavSTiago said:
More realistic gearbox; 

Freedom is the name!!! 
F1 2018 - Feel Free

What's unrealistic about the Tyre Wear and the Gearbox? They're both very accurate. 
You can lock your tires in all corners of a race complete and they never burst!!! Make the test! 
Disable ABS (put in Elite and break in all closed corners at maximum until lock the tires) and you will see that never explode!!! 

And about gearbox, you can see that Hamilton in a pole position lap, for example, no down all gears at same time while breaks! You can see that the step is break a lot, down RPM, and now down gears! 

In F1 2017 you can take 13.000 RPM, and brake, and change gears at same time practically! 
This don't should affects the behavior of car? 
Should stay instable!!! 
While in reality, the driver go to 10.000 and breaks a lot before, to charge gears!

The best way to sort this out is to have two modes in the next game:

1) Simulation

2) Arcade

Because I think for a lot of people more realistic tyre wear and more realistic gearbox will be too difficult.

TAKIINOUE said:
The best way to sort this out is to have two modes in the next game:

1) Simulation

2) Arcade

Because I think for a lot of people more realistic tyre wear and more realistic gearbox will be too difficult.
You have said all, dude!!!

I doubt you will see any improvements to tire models. With so many different compounds, CM does not have to capacity and talent to model them correctly. Instead what CM will give us will be half assed.  They will model the softest compound and then for each subsequent compound they will make it more worn rather than a different tire model for each compound. To break it down...the most softest compound will be the best. The next compound will be a 10% worn version of the previous compound and so forth....until you get to the hardest compound which will be an 80% worn version of the softest compound....You've been warned.